Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

paddy
CC Veteran

Re: Patience: Gillis is doing the right thing.

Post by paddy »

Brodeur throwing his UFA status in the ring upsets the apple cart... He could be bluffing Forcing the Devils hand but if he isn't, he is in play for the same clubs that are in on Roberto and for less term WITH LESS BAGGAGE... There is a fine line between being patient and being cute... If you give another team an option they just might take it...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

paddy wrote:Brodeur throwing his UFA status in the ring upsets the apple cart... He could be bluffing Forcing the Devils hand but if he isn't, he is in play for the same clubs that are in on Roberto and for less term WITH LESS BAGGAGE... There is a fine line between being patient and being cute... If you give another team an option they just might take it...
Patience Paddy. :mex:

If the Devs let Marty go (they won't) we trade Roberto to the then-desperate Devs.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Problem is Paddy, Marty is on the wrong side of 35. Whatever deal he signs is is it for the team. he's a short termer where ever he ends up.

Could work for the leaves as they have little in the asset pool. I've also read Chitown may be a fit, but I think he's playing poker and stays put.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

Strangelove wrote:
paddy wrote:Brodeur throwing his UFA status in the ring upsets the apple cart... He could be bluffing Forcing the Devils hand but if he isn't, he is in play for the same clubs that are in on Roberto and for less term WITH LESS BAGGAGE... There is a fine line between being patient and being cute... If you give another team an option they just might take it...
Patience Paddy. :mex:

If the Devs let Marty go (they won't) we trade Roberto to the then-desperate Devs.
Doc the Devils cannot afford Brodeur cause of the finances with the Club... They're Bankrupt which too me is astonishing considering the new building and the network provider... I have a tough time believing that they will let Brodeur walk away on a short term deal cause they cannot afford to sign him and bring in a guy who has 7 yrs minimum left on his deal who isn't as good to replace the face of the franchise...

I agree I don't think he is going anywhere BUT if he does the Hockeygods have smiled on this franchise in the last couple of yrs.... I mean with Long term Disability Keith Ballard Cap Relief or Ruptured Achilles during a Ball Hockey game Salo which allowed them to Keep Bieksa... Maybe the gods will smile on somebody else at the expense of us

Here is a wild scenario that I cannot see happening but here it goes Brodeur signs with the Panthers on a 2 yr deal you see the Panthers really love Jacob Markstrom and having Brodeur in Markstrom's way for 2 yrs as opposed to Lu's 7 makes sense... The Panthers then ship Theodore to Toronto for a mid round pick MG picks up the phone and calls Lou in New Jersey and gets this number is no longer in service cause they cannot afford to pay their phone bill let alone take on a goalie who has minimum 7 yrs left at a cap hit of 5.3...

Patience is a virtue Doc... :mex:
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

What I love about all this, PaddyC, is that we finally get to see what Gillis SnoozeFest is made of. This will either be Gillis Borefests finest hour or the catalyst that sends him back to being a players agent.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

paddy wrote: Doc the Devils cannot afford Brodeur cause of the finances with the Club...
Check it out, they don't need many players and they HAVE TO spend more to reach the floor:

http://www.capgeek.com/charts.php?Team= ... C200%2C000

Most of what they HAVE TO spend, they HAVE TO spend on a goalie (no doubt Marty).
paddy wrote: I agree I don't think he is going anywhere
Yup, why are we even talking about this?

We might as well talk about the possibility of Pekka Rinne dying in a boating accident this summer

.... and Nashville thereby forced into trading Weber to us for Lou + Tanev. :roll:
paddy wrote: Patience is a virtue Doc... :mex:
As is courage and fortitude. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I can't wait to see our boring, can't score, limited skill depth, shut down hockey fairs against the high flying Oilers once they start to get a little bit cocky. Here's to hoping that the Sedins can capitalize on the PP and we just shut er down 5 on 5 and Corey Schneider saves the day. Excccccciting!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Are we being trolled by Oiler fans??!! :shock:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Strangelove wrote:Are we being trolled by Oiler fans??!! :shock:
Just the same Oiler fan who has been trolling us for years!
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Strangelove wrote:
We might as well talk about the possibility of Pekka Rinne dying in a boating accident this summer

.... and Nashville thereby forced into trading Weber to us for Lou + Tanev. :roll:
Doc, have you got some inside info on this?? Did you pick a charter fishing boat operation that we don't know about? :)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

I love how some dude's posts are ignored in this thread! :lol:
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

CrzyCanuck wrote:I love how some dude's posts are ignored in this thread! :lol:

i havent even commented in this thread...
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Who are some of these dude's you speak of?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Tciso wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Doc, have you got some inside info on this?? Did you pick a charter fishing boat operation that we don't know about? :)
I've said too much already. :look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

RoyalDude wrote:
Who are some of these dude's you speak of?
Don't worry 'dude'....it can't be you....we all know your once a month crankiness is a post-op special FX :P
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)