Schneider signs in principle

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Schneider signs in principle

Post by donlever »

12 million 3 years

TSN
DeLevering since 1999.
donlever
CC Legend

Re: Schneider signs in principle

Post by donlever »

Looks like tant and surreal were discussing in wheeling thread already. Was surprised not to see a thread started. My bad.
DeLevering since 1999.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

donlever wrote:Looks like tant and surreal were discussing in wheeling thread already. Was surprised not to see a thread started. My bad.
Anyone packed Luongo's luggage yet? I'll be waiting in front of his house with a limousine.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Who was it that kept on saying $4M per for CS? :D ;)

Glad one goal is accomplished so far this offseason!

And we don't have to worry about a offersheet, however unlikely that was, it just erases the tension.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

LOUUUUUUU!

Gonna miss the best goalie in Franchise history!

I'll support Ginger till then end... but I'll miss Lou!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

MG also said something interesting.
Jeff Paterson‏@patersonjeff

Gillis tells ‪#Canucks‬ season ticket holders that he can't speak about Justin Schultz now. Then added 'Maybe later'
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Jovocop wrote:MG also said something interesting.

Gillis tells ‪#Canucks‬ season ticket holders that he can't speak about Justin Schultz now. Then added 'Maybe later'
Gesus......you follow jeff Paterson. Is there a less cool guy at the TEAM ? It's tough to be the biggest retard at a station that employs Don Taylor and Scott Rintoul but Paterson pulls it off.

Good signing for the redhead and the team. Now sign Doan to 3 years 14 million ...... sign JS , trade Luongo for a young centre and a prospect + salary dump...... get rid of Ballard to NYI . Get on it Ol' Luggage Eyes. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
CaptainTrev
CC Veteran

Post by CaptainTrev »

Great, great deal. Well done MG!

(I just know he's reading lol)

Totally reasonable AAV when compared to the Rask deal, and considering that the Canucks bought 2 years of Schneider's UFA.

I also love the flexibility on the term; if Schneids really is top-flight #1 material, then we're getting him at a steal for 3 more years, at which point they can worry about another mid-long term deal. If his body of work in the next 3 years is mediocre then at least there will be the option of looking for an upgrade. Hell, by 2015 Eddie Lack may be the new most popular goalie in town. :mrgreen:

Interesting to see how quickly the goaltending dominoes are falling now. Hopefully Lou is next...Tallon and Burke know a huge portion of their leverage just disappeared, if it was even really there to begin with.
"Perhaps there is no moral to this story."

"Exactly! It's just a bunch of stuff that happened."
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

ODB wrote:LOUUUUUUU!

Gonna miss the best goalie in Franchise history!

I'll support Ginger till then end... but I'll miss Lou!

yup...I am gonna miss him...
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Jovocop wrote:MG also said something interesting.

Gesus......you follow jeff Paterson. Is there a less cool guy at the TEAM ? It's tough to be the biggest retard at a station that employs Don Taylor and Scott Rintoul but Paterson pulls it off.

Good signing for the redhead and the team. Now sign Doan to 3 years 14 million ...... sign JS , trade Luongo for a young centre and a prospect + salary dump...... get rid of Ballard to NYI . Get on it Ol' Luggage Eyes. :lol:
+1 on that plan.

As for the Schneider deal, seems very fair and allows GMMG to kick back and get fair value for Lu....

And as much as I like Blobs plan, signing Schneider, signing Shultz, and getting good value for Lu, will make this a great off season regardless of what else happens.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Good deal and good term. If Schneids pans out the way he should, he'll get his raise when the contract's done. Glad this one didn't go down to Sunday.

He still has to sign on the dotted line, though... :whistle:

Hopefully this will be the domino that starts the rest of the action.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
coco_canuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by coco_canuck »

Fair deal for Schneider and the Canucks.

Ideally, Schneider would have likely signed for $3.5 if it were a one year deal, but to buy two UFA years, the Canucks bumped him up to $4M.

He got his money and the starting job, now it's time for 35 to prove he's the star we think he is.

Make no mistake, with Luo's seemingly imminent departure, Schneider will be on the hot-seat.

Earn it kid.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

MG has been very methodical in how he has approached this and once again he has shown he does not low ball players. He will offer fair market value. Now that this is done, and I am sure they know what Shultz will be doing, they can assess their needs and get on with the Luongo deal. If Shultz is a Canuck what they need or want from Florida will be different than if he is not.

Very pleased with this deal. Sure, 3.5 or 3.9 would have been nice but 4 is reasonable. And ya, now he has to prove he deserves it.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I'd say he already proved he deserves it.....now he needs to prove he deserves more. Luongo was full marks for his contract. The guy played at an elite level in Florida and then here in Vancouver before getting his big meal ticket. He deserved it. He just didn't deserve the length of the contract. Schneider is on a 3 year term. Perfect for a guy who has developed the way he has. Improvement on his end will come in the form of consistantly playing at this level.....then he'll deserve more.

Schneids was the only goalie that Conn Smythe winner Jonny Quick faced who out-shone him during the playoffs.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Good deal, good term.

If Schneids turns out to be the tender we hope he is the next deal is a loooong term. Thought he might wait out the Luo deal but who knows maybe something is almost complete, you know I's dotted T's crossed kinda thing.

Anyways I'm happy he's here to stay as I really like the guy and his demeanor.

I though Luo would bring us a cup in his stay here but things change and I wish him luck if a move is indeed finalized. He gets a standing "Luo" on is return!!

:thumbs: