Pavel Bure Elected into HHOF

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Pavel Bure Elected into HHOF

Post by dbr »

According to The Score's twitter account.

I wonder if we see a reconciliation between Pavel and the Canucks franchise at some point soon.
donlever
CC Legend

Re: Pavel Bure Elected into HHOF

Post by donlever »

...good, Canucks have dropped the ball a bit on this one now.

Or they tried and Pavel told them to piss off.
DeLevering since 1999.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Well, if he chooses to go into the Hall as a Panther I'd say no. :D \\But a great day for him and I am sure the Canucks will be represented at the induction ceremonies.
The only HW the Canucks need
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Good for pavel...edge of the seat at any given moment..pavel
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Pavel was part of a great period of time in Canucks hockey.

Finally some hope and excitement was gleaned through the leadership of Patt Quinn.

Linden, Adams, McLean, Reinhart, Larionov, Bure...

After years of shit we were finally blessed with hope.

I still remember Bures first game versus the Jets.

A buzz in the arena like we only saw when the Habs, leaves or Gretzky came to town.

He didn't score but man was he electric, Canucks fans had never seen anything like it from someone in home colors.

He was a blur out there.

Pavel Fukin Blure...
DeLevering since 1999.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

That's great.

I was a bit worried Quin would block him, but it sounds like they did the right thing and put him in.

Pavel is exactly the type of player that should be in the Hall. It's not about politics or being "a nice guy" it's about honoring the truly special players in history and Pavel is exactly that.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Excellent and well deserved honour!

Pavel was by far the most exciting player we had, and I don't know if league has had one since.

:wave:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
paddy
CC Veteran

Post by paddy »

donlever wrote:Pavel was part of a great period of time in Canucks hockey.

Finally some hope and excitement was gleaned through the leadership of Patt Quinn.

Linden, Adams, McLean, Reinhart, Larionov, Bure...

After years of shit we were finally blessed with hope.

A buzz in the arena like we only saw when the Habs, leaves or Gretzky came to town.

He didn't score but man was he electric, Canucks fans had never seen anything like it from someone in home colors.

He was a blur out there.

Pavel Fukin Blure...
Donny he changed everything thats all I can say he changed everything when he got here...
whether you like it or don't like it learn to live with it because its the best thing going today...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

:wave:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

No matter how you feel about him as a person or how it ended you cannot deny that as far as pure hockey talent the Canucks have never seen someone so good....he was on par with Gretzky, Orr and Mario....selfish and ecentric personality and an injury shorted career....but well deserved....

Bravo Pavel!

Great memories....such as this....

8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Definitely well deserved.

Was one of my favorite player and he helped solidify my fanaticism for the Vancouver Canucks.

Really too bad he blew out his knee! Man he was unreal in the '94 playoffs.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

by far the best Canuck to ever play the game...
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

Hell Fuckin' YEAH! 'Bout G.D. time!

Still have no idea how Naslund's 19 is up in the rafters before 10..or why it's even there at all. But 10 belongs up there and should've been done long ago.

On a side note, when thinking about whether Bure belongs in the HOF my simple answer to that was if Lindros goes in Bure goes in, and vice versa. Now that Pavel is in, get 88 in there asap. I don't care how unliked he is..he belongs, definitely now.
Nuckertuzzi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Nuckertuzzi »

donlever wrote:Pavel was part of a great period of time in Canucks hockey.

Something I will never ever forget. Not only was there an air of excitement that night, something we've never seen, there was this overwhelming feeling in the building, something indescribable..we all felt it..it was like a huge black cloud over the franchise had finally been lifted and a new era was upon us. We finally got a superstar..a real superstar, something we've never had and waited seemingly forever for. And man did he deliver from that point forward. For seven years I couldn't miss a second of Canucks hockey knowing Pavel was playing because if you did, there's a good chance you'd miss something you just don't see from a human. He may not be the best player of all time but to this day nobody past or present had the combination of puck wizardry and ability to do it at superhuman speed the way Pavel played.

Just wish his story here ended a whole lot differently than it did but I'm still grateful for the memories.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Well deserved. I was actually surprised to read in the TSN article that it was his sixth year of eligibility. As far as I see it's a crying shame that it took this long. How Sundin is a 1st ballot hall-of-famer is beyond me. I guess durability and consistency were the key criteria in that case but there's absolutely no comparison between the ability of the two players. To me Sundin belongs in the category of a Naslund, with Nazzy being a better player in his prime but Sundin being consistently good for a for longer period. No matter how you slice it, Bure was on another level and should have been inducted into the HOF much earlier.