Kassian Article - Overcoming adversity

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Kassian Article - Overcoming adversity

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BladesofSteel wrote:
Uhhhhh, The dude cowered like a pussy. Not the kind of imposing figure one would expect out of a guy with his physical attributes. If he's too frickin' sensitive, he's useless.
I remember that game. He was getting chirped , then crumpled up into a ball in the fetal position. Fuck i was pissed.....He was rendered useless after that verbal beating. I was disgusted and I knew that the fact that he wasn't a very good trash talker with no good one liners in his pocket was likely going to haunt him later in his career.Everything for him is likely going right down the shitter if he doesn't strat throwing some insults around on the ice. His speed will decline, his shot will miss the net more often, he'll blow defensive coverage.

I mean look what trash talking has done for Sean Avery ....... right ??? right ???
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

The Kassassin will work out or not.

If he does his trash talking will be done with vicious hits or right jabs and left hooks to the face.

That will likely suffice.

Anyone else feel the potential of a Van City Todd Bertuzzi'ish growth with this lad?
DeLevering since 1999.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

I think Kassian has the potential to grow into Doc's favourite Clarkian asshole powerforward.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Last season he was a huge target, but was but a boy amongst men. I have little doubt he will be a terrific addition to the club.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

donlever wrote:The Kassassin will work out or not.

If he does his trash talking will be done with vicious hits or right jabs and left hooks to the face.

That will likely suffice.

Anyone else feel the potential of a Van City Todd Bertuzzi'ish growth with this lad?

yup I agree with you...trash talking is for fags...
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Isn't trash talking for hair pulling, finger biting, groin kneeing Frenchmen?
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

herb wrote:Isn't trash talking for hair pulling, finger biting, groin kneeing Frenchmen?

unlikely...i think it started in some shithole ghetto in L.A...
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

I seriously can't believe you guys are complaining about his lack of trash talking. Did you guys run out of stuff to talk about?

July 1st please come now.......
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I don't the issue is the lack of trash talk, it's the fact that he seemed intimidated when being trash talked.

I'm more than happy to see Kassian say nothing but stare the clown trash talking him right in the face then go out next shift and plaster him to the glass. Actually I would much prefer this.

At that point though he did not look confident that he could stand up to the NHL abuse a young, large player with his credentials will face. He just needs more confidence that he can and deserves to be playing with the big guys.

I don't see him as much of a trash talker but rather a silent Kassasin. :thumbs: He just needs a bit more confidence, and this will come with more playing time.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

He also needs a clearly defined role. He needs to know what the Canucks want and expect. He didn't look intimidated to me, he looked lost, unsure of how he was to respond.
The only HW the Canucks need
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Hockey Widow wrote: He didn't look intimidated to me, he looked lost, unsure of how he was to respond.
This!

In the AV world of you better not take any stupid, thuggish penalties young man or your ass will be full of splinters along with Keith down there.
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Like its 3 & 0 bases loaded...take sign... :mrgreen:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Hockey Widow wrote:He also needs a clearly defined role. He needs to know what the Canucks want and expect. He didn't look intimidated to me, he looked lost, unsure of how he was to respond.
That Duncan Keith is a pretty intimidating guy.....

And I agree with JonT,,,
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:

And I agree with JonT,,,
Perhaps you can explain who "you guys" is then...

Seems most of the group disagree with the sentiment.
DeLevering since 1999.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I think HW hit the nail on the head. He wasn't sure what he was supposed/allowed to do. I think it might be a failing of AV as every 4th liner that comes to the team seems unsure of how to proceed in those situations when really they shouldn't.

I also remember the one game in the scrum behind the net that Kassian had the crazy eyes going and just stared down every opponent in that scrum and in a matter of seconds everyone was backing off.