Cheapest Province For Auto Insurance

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Cheapest Province For Auto Insurance

Post by Arachnid »

OK Lads, for once I'm goonna be serious (butt just this once). What province has the cheapest car insurance? I use to use Quebec for my motorcycle insurance (whilst living in Ontariario 8-) ) because it was considerably lower.
I have heard Manitoba is now the best deal. It is not for me. It is for guests coming from out of country that have a working visa for a year and want to drive across the Tranny-Kanada (OD -can they stay at your house? PPPPPlease?! :twisted: )

Thanks in advance.
I will accept all opinions except from SYKO, the guy can't be trusted and frankly (don't call me Frank), he just plain scares the beejeebers outta me...
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Cheapest Province For Auto Insurance

Post by rats19 »

Alberta has to be In the running.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: It is for guests coming from out of country that have a working visa for a year and want to drive across the Tranny-Kanada (OD -can they stay at your house? PPPPPlease?! :twisted: )
Ohdee's wife just told me the answer to that is 'no' (they are likely axe murderers).

The answer to your queer query has gotta be (A) Alberta.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Not BC.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...truth, especially when driving an exotic luxury wagon like you do.
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Aaronp18 wrote:Not BC.
I said Province, not a bloody Park :evil:
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I don't drive anything like that yet. Can't get rid of this damn Civic.

Stupid lease!
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

rats19 wrote:Alberta has to be In the running.
Well Ratso, you I trust, having traded in your Acme Fishing Lure for a Blue Eyed Sheik Shekels :)

I will have to talk to the fam there and get the ball rolling...anyone seeing a Vanagon Westfalia driving through the Lower Mainland with Alberta plates painted with the Muppets band on the side do not approach....it has Germs... :mex:
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Strangelove wrote: Ohdee's wife just told me the answer to that is 'no' (they are likely axe murderers).

Saturday's gonna be interesting! Yesterday she picked up a slush-machine-thing for a party we're hosting July 1st. Apparently Saturday we're going to hang out (just the two of us) and we're gonna put this thing through the paces. She has all kinds ot tropical slush drinks lined up for sampling.

Meh, I'll likely end up turning to old an old friend in Cuba Libre or Skinny Bitch's (Vodka and Diet Coke) but we’ll see… She assures me these drinks are gonna be goooood!

BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

After I graduated high school I went to Edmonton to work for a couple of years. The car insurance there is ridiculously expensive for young drivers with their own insurance (i.e. not on their parent's insurance as a secondary driver) if they don't have several years of clean driving history. I was paying like $450/month to insure some POS Chrysler.
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

The Territories (Yukon/NWT) have the cheapest car insurance. Average yearly rate for a new driver (new to Canada would be the same I assume?) is lower than any of the provinces.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ODB wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Ohdee's wife just told me the answer to that is 'no' (they are likely axe murderers).

Saturday's gonna be interesting! Yesterday she picked up a slush-machine-thing for a party we're hosting July 1st. Apparently Saturday we're going to hang out (just the two of us) and we're gonna put this thing through the paces. She has all kinds ot tropical slush drinks lined up for sampling.

Meh, I'll likely end up turning to old an old friend in Cuba Libre or Skinny Bitch's (Vodka and Diet Coke) but we’ll see… She assures me these drinks are gonna be goooood!
:thumbs:

As if I wasn’t already over-coveting your sweet little lady....
____
Try to focus on someday.