Qualifying Offers

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Qualifying Offers

Post by Southern_Canuck »

I saw the note about Cory Schneider receiving his qualifying offer, and of course the Canucks filed for team-elected salary arbitration with Mason Raymond - but what about the rest of the RFAs?

Dale Weise
Marc-Andre Gragnani
Ryan Parent
Eddie Lack
Victor Oreskovich
Mike Duco

Did the Canucks qualify all of them? I can't see why they would qualify Parent and Oreskovich, but who knows?

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Qualifying Offers

Post by Jovocop »

Southern_Canuck wrote:I saw the note about Cory Schneider receiving his qualifying offer, and of course the Canucks filed for team-elected salary arbitration with Mason Raymond - but what about the rest of the RFAs?

Dale Weise
Marc-Andre Gragnani
Ryan Parent
Eddie Lack
Victor Oreskovich
Mike Duco

Did the Canucks qualify all of them? I can't see why they would qualify Parent and Oreskovich, but who knows?

S_C
Weise and Lack have been qualified.

@elliottpap: Canucks asst GM Gilman confirms Cory Schneider, Dale Weise and Eddie Lack all tendered qualifying offers ahead of deadline.

Gragnani would also be qualified but not so sure about Oreskovich and Parent.
mpp
CC Veteran

Post by mpp »

Asked Pap via Twitter about Duco. Didn't answer (yet?).

Parent and Oreo are as good as gone IMO. Mike Duco on the other hand I want to stay.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

They have until next Monday to qualify the rest if they so choose, but i suspect they will wait and see what happens at the draft this weekend before they make those decisions..
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Anyone know what the teams total number of players under contract is? This alone may determine the fate of several of the bubble boys.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

According to Capgeek with the signing of Volpatti that makes 35...and i believe a couple of those can slide....
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

TDA Rum wrote:According to Capgeek with the signing of Volpatti that makes 35...and i believe a couple of those can slide....
Even if they slide, do they not still count towards the total number of contracts the team is allowed?
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

No i don't believe so... because if they invoke the slide the contract moves to the following year... that's my understanding...
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I understand the contract doesn't formally begin until said player reaches Pro in NA, but I wasn't aware that it doesn't count towards a teams max (50) number of allowable contracts. Nice.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Ben Kuzma

Canucks confirm no RFA offers to Marc-Andre Gragnani, Mike Duco and Ryan Parent by today's 2 p.m. Pacific deadline. All now UFAs.

Interesting decision on Gragnani. All of those games where he was forced into the lineup to reach RFA status really paid off!

S_C
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Southern_Canuck wrote:Interesting decision on Gragnani. All of those games where he was forced into the lineup to reach RFA status really paid off!
Perhaps they wanted to see if the player was worth a qualifying offer or not.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

dbr wrote:Perhaps they wanted to see if the player was worth a qualifying offer or not.
I got the feeling that their first priority was to not lose him as UFA, so they got him to his 80 games... however, I agree they probably noticed in the process that he was about as effective as Patrick Coulombe.

S_C
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

dbr wrote:
Southern_Canuck wrote:Interesting decision on Gragnani. All of those games where he was forced into the lineup to reach RFA status really paid off!
Perhaps they wanted to see if the player was worth a qualifying offer or not.
And I guess the answer was 'not'. :crazy:
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..well clearly Bieksa, Ballard and Edler were hurt and/or off, Rome got hurt, we ended up overplaying Salo regardless of Gragnani playing yet we still managed to win enough games to finish first overall so the MAG thing seems much ado...
DeLevering since 1999.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I heard the Canucks do not intend to keep Rome as well. Bit of a surprise there, I really liked him and thought he was a great 5-6 D-man for what he brought to the table & his salary. Personally, I'd take him over Baltard. :P