Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Post by clem »

RoyalDude wrote:
clem wrote:.............
I do like Volpatti's hitting, but it does no good if he gets knocked into the IR.
..........What are you talking about IR? What does that have to do with anything, the guy is 100% healthy

.......irrelevant Weise babble............
Volpatti claims to be healthy, now.

I hope he stays that way.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

clem wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
clem wrote:.............
I do like Volpatti's hitting, but it does no good if he gets knocked into the IR.
..........What are you talking about IR? What does that have to do with anything, the guy is 100% healthy

.......irrelevant Weise babble............
Volpatti claims to be healthy, now.

Just admit it, clem. You love Weise.

You seem to allow Malhotra a big window with his eye injury why not give Volpatti the same chance?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

RoyalDude wrote:
clem wrote: Volpatti claims to be healthy, now.

You seem to allow Malhotra a big window with his eye injury why not give Volpatti the same chance?
You seem to be having visions of Weise & Malhotra while discussing Volpatti.

Could be delusions or hallucinations. Possibly the result of drugs.

Or perhaps you don't believe in letting the facts get in the way of a good story. :)
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote:
We just don't see eye to eye Nucklehead.
We rarely do, Dude. I'm with you on this one though. I just don't see the offensive potential you do with this guy. You're correct: he is a better fourth line option than Weise or Oreskovich. We need someone that can fight on that line, and those guys clearly cannot. I hope he can stay healthy. Shoulder injuries can be tough on fighters (not to mention crash/bang guys), with all the grappling and people falling on them. My only point was Weise is a couple years younger and may still get better offensively (and maybe stronger), whereas Volpatti is probably as finished a product as he'll ever be.

I think a fourth line of Volpatti-Lapierre-Kassian would be hell to play against (provided Kassian comes to camp in shape).
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

clem wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
clem wrote: Volpatti claims to be healthy, now.

You seem to be having visions of Weise & Malhotra while discussing Volpatti.

Could be delusions or hallucinations. Possibly the result of drugs.

Or perhaps you don't believe in letting the facts get in the way of a good story. :)
and the 'fact' remains that Volpatti in only just 38 career regular season games in the NHL has managed to rock two respectable fighters in Sutton and Winchester and beaten Theo Peckham and drew with the formidable fighters in Strudwick and O'Donnell and fought in losses to the respectable fighters in Winchester, Tootoo, Carcillo and Staubitz twice. What is not to like about the kid? I think he has had like 11 fights in 38 NHL games, what is not to like about those averages? The 'fact' still remains, Clem Snide....Volpatti has proven that he can pack a punch, that I like and the fact that he can lay out viscious body checks with venom. We haven't had that kind of hitting since Torres left the scene.

Wouldn't you much rather that than the Human Punching Bag Dale 'Love Taps' Weise????
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

Weise is definitely more skilled, but it's not like it has shown up on the scoresheet. I like Volpatti more than Weise as my 4th line guy. Volpatti hits a whole lot harder and is a much better fighter. I also felt Volpatti was a better skater in terms of stop and go and going side to side allowing Volpatti to catch guys better. I felt Volpatti was really contributing before he went down with his injury. What Volpatti really needs is to stay healthy and gain experience. Volpatti seems to know his role and AV seems to like him enough to play him. Volpatti is in no way a feared fighter, but give him time and I see him develop into a respected fighter. He certainly showed a lot of class in his first season in the NHL taking on all comers and answering the bell after huge hits.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

RoyalDude wrote:and the 'fact' remains that Volpatti in only just 38 career regular season games in the NHL has managed to rock two respectable fighters in Sutton and Winchester and beaten Theo Peckham and drew with the formidable fighters in Strudwick and O'Donnell and fought in losses to the respectable fighters in Winchester, Tootoo,
Carcillo and Staubitz twice. What is not to like about the kid? I think he has had like 11 fights in 38 NHL games, what is not to like about those averages? The 'fact' still remains, Clem Snide....Volpatti has proven that he can pack a punch, that I like and the fact that he can lay out viscious body checks with venom. We haven't had that kind of hitting since Torres left the scene.

Wouldn't you much rather that than the Human Punching Bag Dale 'Love Taps' Weise????
Some facts about Volpatti and the NHL regular season: he only had 7 fights (over 2 seasons); all were losses, except the one against Sutton (per hockeyfights.com). Sutton's fight strategy seems to be holding on for a draw.

If the fighting standard you want Volpatti to best is Weise, you're not setting a very high standard.

Don't know why you raise Volpatti's hitting again, since you want to argue, & we agreed his hitting was good.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

If Volpatti makes the 4th line at the start of the season just means the scouts couldn't get any thing better. Not good IMO
cheers
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Fred wrote:If Volpatti makes the 4th line at the start of the season just means the scouts couldn't get any thing better. Not good IMO
THIS
____
Try to focus on someday.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

Fred wrote:If Volpatti makes the 4th line at the start of the season just means the scouts couldn't get any thing better. Not good IMO
Yup, THIS +1
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Hey people, he was signed for what $600,000. Why so negative, maybe he plays in Chicago this year, so fucking what. Give the kid a chance ya miserable twats. At least he can actually beat guys up, ie Winchester, Sutton, Peckham and give O'Donnell and Strudwick a run for their money and isn't afraid of the likes of Tootoo, Staubitz, Carcillo. At least he can actually hurt someone other than thta Punching Bag Dale 'Love Taps' Weise who can't even lay out a good hit. I hightly doubt that Volpatti would have pulled that same faggy move that Dale 'Love Taps' Weise pulled by goading Shawn Thornton into a fight and then turtles behind the ref. Fucking embarrassing that was.

"Not Good you all say"???? Too fucking funny...It totally ruins the books don't it? A massive hit to the cap. What an accounting nightmare, what a waste of fucking money. blah, blah, blah
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I agree with RD...shocking I know. Volpatti brings a lot of what the canucks need a 12-14th forward to do. He likely won't be a regular, but when he is in the lineup you know you are going to be able to count on him to deliver (or try to ) deliver hits and will drop the gloves. He knows his role and what amounts to the league minimum there really is no downside in it. Better 600k or so in the pressbox than a couple of million.

If you could combine Weise and Volpatti into one player you'd have the ideal 4th liner....
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

tantalum wrote:I agree with RD...shocking I know. Volpatti brings a lot of what the canucks need a 12-14th forward to do. He likely won't be a regular, but when he is in the lineup you know you are going to be able to count on him to deliver (or try to ) deliver hits and will drop the gloves. He knows his role and what amounts to the league minimum there really is no downside in it. Better 600k or so in the pressbox than a couple of million.

If you could combine Weise and Volpatti into one player you'd have the ideal 4th liner....
Nice going Tant.

Unlike Strangelove who's views are tainted by race and Clem, Fred and Weinerdog who have serious man-crushes on Weise, you seem to have a level head about your self.
wienerdog
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wienerdog »

RoyalDude wrote:
tantalum wrote:I agree with RD...shocking I know. Volpatti brings a lot of what the canucks need a 12-14th forward to do. He likely won't be a regular, but when he is in the lineup you know you are going to be able to count on him to deliver (or try to ) deliver hits and will drop the gloves. He knows his role and what amounts to the league minimum there really is no downside in it. Better 600k or so in the pressbox than a couple of million.

Nice going Tant.

Unlike Strangelove who's views are tainted by race and Clem, Fred and Weinerdog who have serious man-crushes on Weise, you seem to have a level head about your self.
Um, what?

Wrong dog, spandex.

Never been a big Weise supporter. If Gillis can't upgrade on him this season, he gets a D-.

We need better 4th line wingers than last year. Period.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote:

Nice going Tant.

Dude, I would hate Volpatti even if he was as white as I am!

WDF (wot da fock) dude!
____
Try to focus on someday.