Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby Farhan Lalji » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:20 pm

Fred wrote: I here Jason Garrison has emptied every thing outta Florida and wants to end up in Vcr. At least we don't have to clean up more Tallon Cap Space. I'm almost scared of MG talking to Tallon


Fred,

No offense, but I think you need to give your head a shake. According to real sources, Garrison has expressed an interest in playing for Vancouver and there is real evidence to support the fact that Garrison is on his way out of Florida. If you're going to post stuff like this, can you please provide credible sources? I can provide my sources if you want.
Farhan Lalji
 

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:26 am

This is a good signing. Volpatti's ceiling is so much more higher than that of Weise and Bitz. I just love how Volpatti packs a punch, ie Winchester and Sutton. His punch has knockout potential behind, plus he seems to be a smart fighter as well, he just needs some seasoning behind him. I also like the fact that he can lay out some punishing hits unlike Bitz and Wiese, and I also think that he has the potential to put up points as he gains more experience, ie sort of a Clarkson type. Like the kids potential.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby Fred » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:12 am

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Fred wrote: I here Jason Garrison has emptied every thing outta Florida and wants to end up in Vcr. At least we don't have to clean up more Tallon Cap Space. I'm almost scared of MG talking to Tallon


Fred,

No offense, but I think you need to give your head a shake. According to real sources, Garrison has expressed an interest in playing for Vancouver and there is real evidence to support the fact that Garrison is on his way out of Florida. If you're going to post stuff like this, can you please provide credible sources? I can provide my sources if you want.


Hey I can give my sources too but I'm not divulging them. The info was given in confidence. I believe it's a simple confirmation of what most of us already know...no big deal
Last edited by Fred on Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby Fred » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:15 am

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Fred wrote: I here Jason Garrison has emptied every thing outta Florida and wants to end up in Vcr. At least we don't have to clean up more Tallon Cap Space. I'm almost scared of MG talking to Tallon


Fred,

No offense, but I think you need to give your head a shake. According to real sources, Garrison has expressed an interest in playing for Vancouver and there is real evidence to support the fact that Garrison is on his way out of Florida. If you're going to post stuff like this, can you please provide credible sources? I can provide my sources if you want.
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby clem » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:27 am

Volpatti has heart - something this team lacked down the stretch.

However, his hockeyfights ratings don't inspire confidence.

6-1, 185lbs, & 4 out of 5 fights last season were losses.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby Island Nucklehead » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:45 am

clem wrote:Volpatti has heart - something this team lacked down the stretch.

However, his hockeyfights ratings don't inspire confidence.

6-1, 185lbs, & 4 out of 5 fights last season were losses.


I think he's closer to 215 than 185...

That said. He's not young. He's 27 years old, so guys like Weise (23) have a few years of youth on him. He does pack a punch, but I'm not sold on his offensive potential. His career high ever was 32 points in 37 games as a college senior. If he scores 10 points in an NHL season it'd be great. He is what he is and a guy on the fourth line that can get in hard on the forcheck for 600K is never a bad thing.
User avatar
Island Nucklehead
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4176
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby clem » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:57 am

I saw that Wiki & NHL.com list him at 215, but he didn't look it to me - not in the regular season.

Winchester & Carcillo both rag-dolled him in their fights.

He & Raymond have something in common. A left hook followed by a fall. (skating/throwing). :)
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby Aaronp18 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:44 am

clem wrote:Winchester & Carcillo both rag-dolled him in their fights.


I also recall the fight where Volpatti one punched Winchester.
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1765
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:57 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
clem wrote:Volpatti has heart - something this team lacked down the stretch.

However, his hockeyfights ratings don't inspire confidence.

6-1, 185lbs, & 4 out of 5 fights last season were losses.


I think he's closer to 215 than 185...

That said. He's not young. He's 27 years old, so guys like Weise (23) have a few years of youth on him. He does pack a punch, but I'm not sold on his offensive potential. His career high ever was 32 points in 37 games as a college senior. If he scores 10 points in an NHL season it'd be great. He is what he is and a guy on the fourth line that can get in hard on the forcheck for 600K is never a bad thing.


We just don't see eye to eye Nucklehead. I have no idea what Weise brings to the table, he's a fucking awful fighter and like Oreskovich SHOULD NOT FIGHT. It's embarrassing, when Nathan Horton can beat up your designated tough guy - Dale Weise. At least with Volpatti he has that potential to knock someone into the next universe, Weise doesn't. The problem with Volpatti is that he doesn't know how good of a fighter he can actually be, in fights with Carcillo and such it was more of him being in awe and respecting his opponent too much. Once he realizes that "fuck, I can beat these guys" he will win more fights. That knockout against Winchester who is one of the better fighters of the league shows you what he is capable of, he just needs more confidence and seasoning. Plus, his hitting is ferocious unlike Weise who can't layout the nasty Dustin Brown like hit. I remember one game where Volpatti just rocked a Wild player behind the net, right in front of Staubitz like he was trying to get Staubitz going, I like that initiative, you would never see Weise do that cause, well, I don't blame him cause he can't fight his way out of a paper bag.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby clem » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:05 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
clem wrote:Winchester & Carcillo both rag-dolled him in their fights.


I also recall the fight where Volpatti one punched Winchester.

I remembered that as well. The problem is that most NHL fights are a combination of holding, wrestling and boxing. Once Winchester 'caught' on to Volpatti's hand speed, he was unlikely to make the same mistake, in fighting hands free. Even the Ripper had a more difficult time fighting players after they saw his technique & adjusted.

Volpatti's one punch pre-season knock out was largely a result of: his being less known; & Winchester's recklessness.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:10 pm

clem wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:
clem wrote:Winchester & Carcillo both rag-dolled him in their fights.


I also recall the fight where Volpatti one punched Winchester.

I remembered that as well. The problem is that most NHL fights are a combination of holding, wrestling and boxing. Once Winchester 'caught' on to Volpatti's hand speed, he was unlikely to make the same mistake, in fighting hands free. Even the Ripper had a more difficult time fighting players after they saw his technique & adjusted.

Volpatti's one punch pre-season knock out was largely a result of: his being less known; & Winchester's recklessness.


The Sutton knee buckle isn't enough for you to accept that yeah, Volpatti can pack a punch? Listen dude, Winchester is one of the smarter fighters in the game, to be able to get one by him and with that much pack is a feat in itself. You just plain don't like Volpatti and are worried that he will take your boy - Weise's job???? The bottom line is, and I think we can all agree ont his, Weise is a fucking punching bag who can get beat up by the likes of Nathan Horton who unlike Volpatti does not have the punching power to knock someone out, and is nowhere near the viscious hitter that Volpatti is. So why then, is your boy Weise on the team?
Last edited by RoyalDude on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby clem » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:11 pm

RoyalDude wrote:The problem with Volpatti is that he doesn't know how good of a fighter he can actually be, in fights with Carcillo and such it was more of him being in

awe and respecting his opponent too much. Once he realizes that "fuck, I can beat these guys" he will win more fights. That knockout against Winchester who is one of the

better fighters of the league shows you what he is capable of, he just needs more confidence and seasoning.

I don't see how confidence is going to increase Volpatti's fighting abilities. It was overconfidence on Winchester's part than got him knocked on his ass. Surely Volpatti was more confident the second time they met, when he got whooped.

I do like Volpatti's hitting, but it does no good if he gets knocked into the IR.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:13 pm

clem wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The problem with Volpatti is that he doesn't know how good of a fighter he can actually be, in fights with Carcillo and such it was more of him being in

awe and respecting his opponent too much. Once he realizes that "fuck, I can beat these guys" he will win more fights. That knockout against Winchester who is one of the

better fighters of the league shows you what he is capable of, he just needs more confidence and seasoning.

I don't see how confidence is going to increase Volpatti's fighting abilities. It was overconfidence on Winchester's part than got him knocked on his ass. Surely Volpatti was more confident the second time they met, when he got whooped.

I do like Volpatti's hitting, but it does no good if he gets knocked into the IR.


What are you talking about IR? What does that have to do with anything, the guy is 100% healthy

I just don't get how you would choose a useless fighter and hitter in Weise over Volpatti when it will be the one role on the team that those two will be fighting for.

Weise's chicken shit move against Shawn Thornton should be enough to not want this guy on our team, but hey, at least Weise knew better not to fight Thornton, cause if Horton can whoop his ass what do ya think Thornton would do to him? I just don't get how one can goad someone into a fight and then turtle? That was a low point in Canuck fighting history if you ask me.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby clem » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:18 pm

RoyalDude wrote:The Sutton knee buckle isn't enough for you to accept that yeah, Volpatti can pack a punch? Listen dude, Winchester is one of the smarter fighters in the game, to be able to get one by him and with that much pack is a feat in itself. You just plain don't like Volpatti and are worried that he will take your boy - Weise's job???? The bottom line is, and I think we can all agree ont his, Weise is a fucking punching bag who can get beat up by the likes of Nathan Horton who unlike Volpatti does not have the punching power to knock someone out, and is nowhere near the viscious hitter that Volpatti is. So why then, is your boy Weise on the team?


When the other player won't oblige you by engaging in stand up boxing, it takes more than the ability to pack a punch.

Sorry to disappoint, but Weise isn't my boy.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: Rumor: Aaron Volpatti re-signs

Postby RoyalDude » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:22 pm

clem wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The Sutton knee buckle isn't enough for you to accept that yeah, Volpatti can pack a punch? Listen dude, Winchester is one of the smarter fighters in the game, to be able to get one by him and with that much pack is a feat in itself. You just plain don't like Volpatti and are worried that he will take your boy - Weise's job???? The bottom line is, and I think we can all agree ont his, Weise is a fucking punching bag who can get beat up by the likes of Nathan Horton who unlike Volpatti does not have the punching power to knock someone out, and is nowhere near the viscious hitter that Volpatti is. So why then, is your boy Weise on the team?


When the other player won't oblige you by engaging in stand up boxing, it takes more than the ability to pack a punch.

Sorry to disappoint, but Weise isn't my boy.


The bottom line is Clem, something you refuse to acknowledge, fighters around the league now know that Volpatti has the ability to knock you out, unlike Weise's love-taps, he's done it twice in his short amount of time in the NHL, give the kid some room to improve, the ability is their. He just needs to hone is craft a little and stop being in awe of some of the known opponents whom some maybe his idols etc. I will take anyone who has the potential to knock you out and hit like Volpatti can over that useless Weise any day of the week, let the kid learn a little, the foundation is there. Just needs seasoning.
Last edited by RoyalDude on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4478
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Vader and 3 guests