Offseason Wheelings and Dealings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Offseason Wheelings and Dealings

Post by Hockey Widow »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:if the arbitrator buys the playing through and after serious injuries line he could award Raymond much more as I am sure he and his agent will counter. If that happens the Canucks cannot walk away.
They cant walk away but they could stick his ass on the farm if they need the cap space.

That would be worst case for Raymond, and a big reason why he should be reasonable.

Well then they risk losing him on waivers for nothing. Better to trade him if they have to.
The only HW the Canucks need
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:if the arbitrator buys the playing through and after serious injuries line he could award Raymond much more as I am sure he and his agent will counter. If that happens the Canucks cannot walk away.
They cant walk away but they could stick his ass on the farm if they need the cap space.

That would be worst case for Raymond, and a big reason why he should be reasonable.
You don't think a team would claim him in a heartbeat Pot?

This is a smart move by Gillis, but I suspect its one that Gilman has his finger prints all over.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

BladesofSteel wrote: You don't think a team would claim him in a heartbeat Pot?
Depends on his salary and how well he bounces back.

HW noted that the team "cant walk away" from a poor decision in arbitration.

My point was that if they get a result that they don't like they can send him to the farm (or try to move him). That would be the worst case scenario for Raymond, who needs to have a good year to get his career back on track

He really should take the 2.2, or try and negotiate a 2 year deal.

Going to arbitration and "winning", could actually hurt him if his salary and cap hit make him unappealing.
Last edited by Potatoe1 on Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Regardless of other overpaid players on the team that may or may not exist, finding a way to save a few hundred thousnad under the cap and likely getting a better deal for longer term on a player isn't a bad thing. Good move by the management. I'm sure if they had options open to do similar things for other players they think are overpaid they would exercise those options but they don't. It doesn't mean you then don't exercise the option you do have.

I feel a 2 yr/$4mil total deal in Raymond's future.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Spandex Boy wrote:
WooHoo! That's exciting news...once we get him off the team we will be good again. Him and that 2.5 million of his was really bringing this team down. He's such a major cancer in the room.

Good to see you're finally realizing how shitty Raymond is.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Chris Stewart re-signs at 3 mill.

btw- is this an NHL wheelings and dealing thread? Is there a better thread for these signings that I'm not aware of?

1 year deal btw. They obviously are wanting to see a bounce back season first.
2011..... the one that got away.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

TSN REPORTS:

The NHL has rejected a four-year, $12-million contract between Chris Kelly and the Boston Bruins because of salary cap issues, according to RDS in Quebec.

However, the Bruins and general manager Peter Chiarelli expect the deal to be approved when free agency begins July 1.

"We've got a commitment from Kelly for four years," Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli told reporters Wednesday. "We're not able to register that contract yet because of payroll tagging issues."

In his first full season with the Bruins last season, Kelly scored 20 goals and added 19 assists for 39 points in 82 games. He was acquired from the Ottawa Senators in February of 2011.
DeLevering since 1999.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:btw- is this an NHL wheelings and dealing thread? Is there a better thread for these signings that I'm not aware of?
Yeah, I imagined it would be an 'around the league' kind of thread and that anything significant that the Canucks do will get its own thread (or two, or three)..
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:Chris Stewart re-signs at 3 mill.

btw- is this an NHL wheelings and dealing thread? Is there a better thread for these signings that I'm not aware of?

1 year deal btw. They obviously are wanting to see a bounce back season first.
Who would you want on your team, a $3m Stewart or a $2.5m Raymond? I would take Stewart any time.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I still think it would be funny if the Canucks offered Tukka Raask (or however you spell his name) a 5-6 million dollar deal.........to which Boston either had to match or let him walk. Dustin Penner to Edmonton Part deux.

We steal Raask, trade both Luongo and Schneider, and watch Boston desperately try and trade for Kipper. :lol:

It would be a dumb move on our part, but for the purposes of keeping our rivalry in-tact, I'd definitely be down.

-Whatever we're paying to Lou goes to Raask.
-Luongo gets moved for something that can help our future
-Schneider gets moved for something that can help us now.
-Boston declines as an organization. No Thomas and now no Raask.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

I have more faith in Raymond than Stewart.... i think Raymond is going to have a big year, this year...
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

TDA Rum wrote:...i think Raymond is going to have a big year, this year...
^^^
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:drink:
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Jovocop wrote:
Who would you want on your team, a $3m Stewart or a $2.5m Raymond? I would take Stewart any time.
I didn't know we got to choose?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Mëds wrote:
TDA Rum wrote:...i think Raymond is going to have a big year, this year...
^^^
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:drink:
Totally agree. stewart has scored at a 50 point pace in the league and has shown flashes of brilliance as well as being a physical beast. Raymond has scored at a 30 point pace and has shown speed and the physicality of Edith Bunker .

TDA Rum he's called....... more likely he is chugging aqua valva and mouthwash.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Just a feeling, it may not be with the Canucks but i think he ends up with over 50 points this year if he stays healthy...