UEFA Euro 2012

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby Arachnid » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:40 pm

Per wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Sweden: The Ireland of Scandinavian Soccer :cry:


Assuming, of course, that Ireland had reached the World Cup semi finals four times and medalled three times... :roll:


Oh....go grow a pear :evil:
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4912
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby Per » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:46 pm

Arachnid wrote:
Per wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Sweden: The Ireland of Scandinavian Soccer :cry:


Assuming, of course, that Ireland had reached the World Cup semi finals four times and medalled three times... :roll:


Oh....go grow a pear :evil:

They have won the Eurovision Song Contest more often than us though, I'll give them that. :drink:
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby Per » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:18 am

New Swedish twitter photo trend: Hug a post... :lol:

Image
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby Arachnid » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:27 am

Per wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Per wrote:
Assuming, of course, that Ireland had reached the World Cup semi finals four times and medalled three times... :roll:


Oh....go grow a pear :evil:

They have won the Eurovision Song Contest more often than us though, I'll give them that. :drink:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bSwIzW1kjA

:eh:

My girlfriend said that if I ever played Roxette she would murder me in my sleep

:eh:

We gave the world...

Image

I'm glad I didn't have daughters 8-)
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4912
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby Puck » Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:50 am

Hey Per,

It seemed to me that the Swedish defender could have stepped in front of that and chested it (can I say that?) out of harms way. No? He seemed to get caught flat-footed. I suppose there's a worry about a hand ball, but it was going in otherwise.

Crappy for Sweden, but pretty exciting for the home crowd and neutral observers looking for a good story.

I thought England defended well, and France looked pretty creative and dangerous. Benzima and Nazri are fun to watch.
User avatar
Puck
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby Per » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:11 pm

Puck wrote:Hey Per,

It seemed to me that the Swedish defender could have stepped in front of that and chested it (can I say that?) out of harms way. No? He seemed to get caught flat-footed. I suppose there's a worry about a hand ball, but it was going in otherwise.

Crappy for Sweden, but pretty exciting for the home crowd and neutral observers looking for a good story.

I thought England defended well, and France looked pretty creative and dangerous. Benzima and Nazri are fun to watch.


Well, as the new twitter trend suggests, he should have been hugging the pole. :evil:
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby SKYO » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:32 pm

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3257
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby Per » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:58 am

Some exciting games tonight - first Germany and the Netherlands square off in a sequel to the 1974 World Cup final, then Denmark plays Portugal. Both games should be really good! :)
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby rockalt » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:14 am

Per wrote:Some exciting games tonight - first Germany and the Netherlands square off in a sequel to the 1974 World Cup final, then Denmark plays Portugal. Both games should be really good! :)


I take it you caught the Denmark/Portugal match Per?

I missed segments as I was returning from the airport and I am admittedly biased as I'm rooting for Portugal but that was a damned entertaining game! For my money easily the game of the tournament. Despite the heroics from Varela (of all people!), Ronaldo is going to be absolutely crucified for nearly (and still possibly) costing the Portuguese a chance to advance.
User avatar
rockalt
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 664
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:47 pm
Location: London

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby Arachnid » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:17 am

rockalt wrote:
Per wrote:Some exciting games tonight - first Germany and the Netherlands square off in a sequel to the 1974 World Cup final, then Denmark plays Portugal. Both games should be really good! :)


I take it you caught the Denmark/Portugal match Per?

I missed segments as I was returning from the airport and I am admittedly biased as I'm rooting for Portugal but that was a damned entertaining game! For my money easily the game of the tournament. Despite the heroics from Varela (of all people!), Ronaldo is going to be absolutely crucified for nearly (and still possibly) costing the Portuguese a chance to advance.


It was an awesome game, Porto was determined to win...despite that Ron dude :evil:

Deutschland Deutschland Deutschland Gooooooooooo Deutschland!
Socks are dead puppets :(
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4912
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby Puck » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:07 pm

do
{
Schweinsteiger to Gomez --> GOAL
}
until !Euro2012

8-)
User avatar
Puck
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 582
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby Per » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:14 pm

I think the Irish would rather just forget about this game.
Spain was embarassingly superior.

Meanwhile, Ireland had three shots on goal.

Three. Count them: one, two, three.

That's how many shots on goal they had, in a 90 minute game. :o
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby donlever » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:24 pm

....our local side, the Whitecaps, fairly recently had a home and home series with the club from Toronto, a "Canadian Championship" as it were.

The Caps made it through the second half of the home and home with ZERO shots on goal during the second game in the Big Smoke.

Nada.

Zilch.

Kaputski.

Fuk all.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1645
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby Per » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:20 pm

Sweden eliminated, but at least we left on a high note, beating France 2-0.

Quarter finals are set:

Portugal vs Czechs
Spain vs France
Germany vs Greece
Italy vs England

I predict semi finals as Portugal vs Spain and Germany vs Italy.
Spain and Germany square off in the final.

I'll be rooting for Spain, but think Germany will win.
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Postby Cookie La Rue » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:17 am

Fuck the UEFA, this organization is as bad as the NHL. When i'm thinking of rules or changing of it and the interpretation of refs generally...it just makes me sick.

They (bastards) will get want they want for their maximum increase of bloody bucks, let's play Germany - Spain in the final.

Just for example, if you really analyse the Spain-Croatia game, any close decision was whistled in Spain's favour, of course they have to play Germany in the final, fuck you. I'm not saying it's totally overcalled but just small decisions that makes it pretty difficult for the "underdogs", they need the double of luck to overcome this, shit if Rakitic just made it...then Spain out hahahahaha.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013
User avatar
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 1772
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:57 pm
Location: 50° 10' North / 8° 34' East

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest