Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby Topper » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:50 pm

An office job in Edmonton means less time spent on the road.

Win, win, win.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4780
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby dbr » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:55 pm

:lol:

(He can carpool with Khabibulin..)
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby Meds » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:28 pm

CaptainTrev wrote:...re-joins Oilers organization.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id= ... L|EDM|home

Dammit! He's like a double-agent.....left the Coilers just long enough to scout all our best prospects...think of what that evil genius TambeLoweni will be able to do with such info!

:lol:


Uhhh.....make a bunch of moves in the off-season that result in them getting yet another 1st overall draft-pick in 2013? :look:
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3305
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby Meds » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:33 pm

CaptainTrev wrote:To be fair Lowe did get screwed over by Pronger at the time. But counting the miracle Cup run, the Oilers have only made 3 playoff appearances in the last 10 seasons, and even then they only managed to finish 6th, 8th, and 8th in the West (all under Lowe as GM). I think that's pretty good evidence that their '06 team could qualify as the ultimate one-off.


I'm really thinking that the Oilers are bound to be screwed over by almost every marquis player they manage to get. And I'm more convinced every day that it has as much to do with the locale of the city as it does with the way the team is run.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3305
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby CaptainTrev » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:39 pm

Meds wrote:Uhhh.....make a bunch of moves in the off-season that result in them getting yet another 1st overall draft-pick in 2013? :look:


Yeah probably. But this time time they'll do it with insider info on how to shut down Victor Oreskovich.
"Perhaps there is no moral to this story."

"Exactly! It's just a bunch of stuff that happened."
User avatar
CaptainTrev
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:33 pm
Location: Calgary

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby tantalum » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:28 pm

Nepotism is alive and well in Alberta's capital.

Either that or they simply can't get other people to work there. If the latter that franchise is going to be in whole world of hurt for some time.
User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby BladesofSteel » Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:38 pm

I wonder if Wayne...


...nawww.
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby FAN » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:32 pm

I wonder what this means. Has MacT given up on landing an NHL coaching gig (unlikely)? Does he feel like his one year spent coaching in the AHL is enough to put him back on the list of serious candidates should a team look for a veteran NHL coach? Has MacT been promised the Oilers' coaching gig if the new coach fails? It just seems weird to me that MacT, who seems to love coaching would join the front office when there are coaching positions available to him.
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby tantalum » Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:52 am

MacTavish took a long absence from the coaching ranks when he got fired in Edmonton. He wasn't sure coaching was for him and I believe he declined many invitations to interview for coaching jobs (head and assistant) in the NHL until he decided to give it a whirl at the AHL level. He came back for a year and grabbed himself an upper management job. I doubt he wants to coach but you never know.
User avatar
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 3:41 am
Location: Carl Junction, MO

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby dbr » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:31 am

Some of the Edmonton media are openly speculating that MacTavish will take Tambellini or even Lowe's job one day.
dbr
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2498
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:37 pm

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby SKYO » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:07 pm

RogMillions

#SNDraft Scott Arniel likely to be named Asst. Coach in SJ.HC Todd McLellan looks to be getting some additional NHL experience behind bench.


So maybe Hartsburg gets the Wolves coaching job?
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3422
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby mpp » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:43 pm

Am I correct MG said that he would like to have the coach thing done by the draft? Or was it by July 1st?
User avatar
mpp
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:11 am

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby $lacker » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:25 am

SKYO wrote:
RogMillions

#SNDraft Scott Arniel likely to be named Asst. Coach in SJ.HC Todd McLellan looks to be getting some additional NHL experience behind bench.


So maybe Hartsburg gets the Wolves coaching job?

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
MT @garylawless: Canucks and former #CBJ coach Scott Arniel finalizing deal for him to take job as hc of AHL's Chicago Wolves #bn #nhl
User avatar
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 223
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby BladesofSteel » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:35 am

$lacker wrote:
SKYO wrote:
RogMillions

#SNDraft Scott Arniel likely to be named Asst. Coach in SJ.HC Todd McLellan looks to be getting some additional NHL experience behind bench.


So maybe Hartsburg gets the Wolves coaching job?

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
MT @garylawless: Canucks and former #CBJ coach Scott Arniel finalizing deal for him to take job as hc of AHL's Chicago Wolves #bn #nhl

:thumbs:
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Postby Tciso » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:04 pm

Meds wrote:
CaptainTrev wrote:To be fair Lowe did get screwed over by Pronger at the time. But counting the miracle Cup run, the Oilers have only made 3 playoff appearances in the last 10 seasons, and even then they only managed to finish 6th, 8th, and 8th in the West (all under Lowe as GM). I think that's pretty good evidence that their '06 team could qualify as the ultimate one-off.


I'm really thinking that the Oilers are bound to be screwed over by almost every marquis player they manage to get. And I'm more convinced every day that it has as much to do with the locale of the city as it does with the way the team is run.


That means Calgary, Winterpeg and Ottawa are destined to suck too, as their locale suck too. Vancouver suffers somewhat less than the rest of the Canadian cities, as you guys at least have warm winters, but the worst travel schedule. (I say you guys, coming from Saskatoon, SK :) )

The Oilers could simply try to recruit more Canadian Boys who are used to the weather, and like Canadian cities over American cities. Oh, and they could get a larger stable of puck bunnies to get knocked up by the rookies, married, and anchor the new kids to the city for 18 years. I saw Whyte Ave during 2006. They have a large group of potential trophy wives in Deadmonton.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
User avatar
Tciso
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 992
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ESQ, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], herb, rats19, TDA Rum and 5 guests