UEFA Euro 2012

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

Re: UEFA Euro 2012

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Sweden: The Ireland of Scandinavian Soccer :cry:
Assuming, of course, that Ireland had reached the World Cup semi finals four times and medalled three times... :roll:
Oh....go grow a pear :evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Arachnid wrote:
Per wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Sweden: The Ireland of Scandinavian Soccer :cry:
Assuming, of course, that Ireland had reached the World Cup semi finals four times and medalled three times... :roll:
They have won the Eurovision Song Contest more often than us though, I'll give them that. :drink:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

New Swedish twitter photo trend: Hug a post... :lol:

Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Per wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Per wrote:
They have won the Eurovision Song Contest more often than us though, I'll give them that. :drink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bSwIzW1kjA

:eh:

My girlfriend said that if I ever played Roxette she would murder me in my sleep

:eh:

We gave the world...

I'm glad I didn't have daughters 8-)
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Hey Per,

It seemed to me that the Swedish defender could have stepped in front of that and chested it (can I say that?) out of harms way. No? He seemed to get caught flat-footed. I suppose there's a worry about a hand ball, but it was going in otherwise.

Crappy for Sweden, but pretty exciting for the home crowd and neutral observers looking for a good story.

I thought England defended well, and France looked pretty creative and dangerous. Benzima and Nazri are fun to watch.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Puck wrote:Hey Per,

It seemed to me that the Swedish defender could have stepped in front of that and chested it (can I say that?) out of harms way. No? He seemed to get caught flat-footed. I suppose there's a worry about a hand ball, but it was going in otherwise.

Crappy for Sweden, but pretty exciting for the home crowd and neutral observers looking for a good story.

I thought England defended well, and France looked pretty creative and dangerous. Benzima and Nazri are fun to watch.
Well, as the new twitter trend suggests, he should have been hugging the pole. :evil:
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

fights/mini riots erupt! with the poland/russia matchup.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Euro+2 ... story.html

Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Some exciting games tonight - first Germany and the Netherlands square off in a sequel to the 1974 World Cup final, then Denmark plays Portugal. Both games should be really good! :)
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Per wrote:Some exciting games tonight - first Germany and the Netherlands square off in a sequel to the 1974 World Cup final, then Denmark plays Portugal. Both games should be really good! :)
I take it you caught the Denmark/Portugal match Per?

I missed segments as I was returning from the airport and I am admittedly biased as I'm rooting for Portugal but that was a damned entertaining game! For my money easily the game of the tournament. Despite the heroics from Varela (of all people!), Ronaldo is going to be absolutely crucified for nearly (and still possibly) costing the Portuguese a chance to advance.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

rockalt wrote:
Per wrote:Some exciting games tonight - first Germany and the Netherlands square off in a sequel to the 1974 World Cup final, then Denmark plays Portugal. Both games should be really good! :)
I take it you caught the Denmark/Portugal match Per?

I missed segments as I was returning from the airport and I am admittedly biased as I'm rooting for Portugal but that was a damned entertaining game! For my money easily the game of the tournament. Despite the heroics from Varela (of all people!), Ronaldo is going to be absolutely crucified for nearly (and still possibly) costing the Portuguese a chance to advance.
It was an awesome game, Porto was determined to win...despite that Ron dude :evil:

Deutschland Deutschland Deutschland Gooooooooooo Deutschland!
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

do
{
Schweinsteiger to Gomez --> GOAL
}
until !Euro2012

8-)
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

I think the Irish would rather just forget about this game.
Spain was embarassingly superior.

Meanwhile, Ireland had three shots on goal.

Three. Count them: one, two, three.

That's how many shots on goal they had, in a 90 minute game. :o
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

....our local side, the Whitecaps, fairly recently had a home and home series with the club from Toronto, a "Canadian Championship" as it were.

The Caps made it through the second half of the home and home with ZERO shots on goal during the second game in the Big Smoke.

Nada.

Zilch.

Kaputski.

Fuk all.
DeLevering since 1999.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Sweden eliminated, but at least we left on a high note, beating France 2-0.

Quarter finals are set:

Portugal vs Czechs
Spain vs France
Germany vs Greece
Italy vs England

I predict semi finals as Portugal vs Spain and Germany vs Italy.
Spain and Germany square off in the final.

I'll be rooting for Spain, but think Germany will win.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Fuck the UEFA, this organization is as bad as the NHL. When i'm thinking of rules or changing of it and the interpretation of refs generally...it just makes me sick.

They (bastards) will get want they want for their maximum increase of bloody bucks, let's play Germany - Spain in the final.

Just for example, if you really analyse the Spain-Croatia game, any close decision was whistled in Spain's favour, of course they have to play Germany in the final, fuck you. I'm not saying it's totally overcalled but just small decisions that makes it pretty difficult for the "underdogs", they need the double of luck to overcome this, shit if Rakitic just made it...then Spain out hahahahaha.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'