Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

Re: Mactavish Leaves Wolves...

Post by Topper »

An office job in Edmonton means less time spent on the road.

Win, win, win.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

:lol:

(He can carpool with Khabibulin..)
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

CaptainTrev wrote:...re-joins Oilers organization.

http://oilers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id= ... L|EDM|home

Dammit! He's like a double-agent.....left the Coilers just long enough to scout all our best prospects...think of what that evil genius TambeLoweni will be able to do with such info!

:lol:
Uhhh.....make a bunch of moves in the off-season that result in them getting yet another 1st overall draft-pick in 2013? :look:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

CaptainTrev wrote:To be fair Lowe did get screwed over by Pronger at the time. But counting the miracle Cup run, the Oilers have only made 3 playoff appearances in the last 10 seasons, and even then they only managed to finish 6th, 8th, and 8th in the West (all under Lowe as GM). I think that's pretty good evidence that their '06 team could qualify as the ultimate one-off.
I'm really thinking that the Oilers are bound to be screwed over by almost every marquis player they manage to get. And I'm more convinced every day that it has as much to do with the locale of the city as it does with the way the team is run.
CaptainTrev
CC Veteran

Post by CaptainTrev »

Mëds wrote: Uhhh.....make a bunch of moves in the off-season that result in them getting yet another 1st overall draft-pick in 2013? :look:
Yeah probably. But this time time they'll do it with insider info on how to shut down Victor Oreskovich.
"Perhaps there is no moral to this story."

"Exactly! It's just a bunch of stuff that happened."
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Nepotism is alive and well in Alberta's capital.

Either that or they simply can't get other people to work there. If the latter that franchise is going to be in whole world of hurt for some time.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I wonder if Wayne...

...nawww.
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

I wonder what this means. Has MacT given up on landing an NHL coaching gig (unlikely)? Does he feel like his one year spent coaching in the AHL is enough to put him back on the list of serious candidates should a team look for a veteran NHL coach? Has MacT been promised the Oilers' coaching gig if the new coach fails? It just seems weird to me that MacT, who seems to love coaching would join the front office when there are coaching positions available to him.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

MacTavish took a long absence from the coaching ranks when he got fired in Edmonton. He wasn't sure coaching was for him and I believe he declined many invitations to interview for coaching jobs (head and assistant) in the NHL until he decided to give it a whirl at the AHL level. He came back for a year and grabbed himself an upper management job. I doubt he wants to coach but you never know.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Some of the Edmonton media are openly speculating that MacTavish will take Tambellini or even Lowe's job one day.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RogMillions

#SNDraft Scott Arniel likely to be named Asst. Coach in SJ.HC Todd McLellan looks to be getting some additional NHL experience behind bench.
So maybe Hartsburg gets the Wolves coaching job?
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
mpp
CC Veteran

Post by mpp »

Am I correct MG said that he would like to have the coach thing done by the draft? Or was it by July 1st?
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by $lacker »

SKYO wrote:
RogMillions

#SNDraft Scott Arniel likely to be named Asst. Coach in SJ.HC Todd McLellan looks to be getting some additional NHL experience behind bench.
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
MT @garylawless: Canucks and former #CBJ coach Scott Arniel finalizing deal for him to take job as hc of AHL's Chicago Wolves #bn #nhl
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

$lacker wrote:
SKYO wrote:
RogMillions

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline
MT @garylawless: Canucks and former #CBJ coach Scott Arniel finalizing deal for him to take job as hc of AHL's Chicago Wolves #bn #nhl
:thumbs:
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Mëds wrote:
CaptainTrev wrote:To be fair Lowe did get screwed over by Pronger at the time. But counting the miracle Cup run, the Oilers have only made 3 playoff appearances in the last 10 seasons, and even then they only managed to finish 6th, 8th, and 8th in the West (all under Lowe as GM). I think that's pretty good evidence that their '06 team could qualify as the ultimate one-off.
I'm really thinking that the Oilers are bound to be screwed over by almost every marquis player they manage to get. And I'm more convinced every day that it has as much to do with the locale of the city as it does with the way the team is run.
That means Calgary, Winterpeg and Ottawa are destined to suck too, as their locale suck too. Vancouver suffers somewhat less than the rest of the Canadian cities, as you guys at least have warm winters, but the worst travel schedule. (I say you guys, coming from Saskatoon, SK :) )

The Oilers could simply try to recruit more Canadian Boys who are used to the weather, and like Canadian cities over American cities. Oh, and they could get a larger stable of puck bunnies to get knocked up by the rookies, married, and anchor the new kids to the city for 18 years. I saw Whyte Ave during 2006. They have a large group of potential trophy wives in Deadmonton.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!