Stanley Cup Finals - Predicitons?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who will win?

Kings in 4
No votes
Kings in 5
23%
Kings in 6
27%
Kings in 7
3%
Devils in 4
No votes
Devils in 5
7%
Devils in 6
23%
Devils in 7
17%

Total votes: 30

Scintillator
CC Veteran

Re: Stanley Cup Finals - Predicitons?

Post by Scintillator »

Not like LA hasn't been _extremely_ lucky throughout the playoffs. Yes, they work hard, almost no injuries, red-hot goalie and nice change of Coach mid-season story too. And yet, just a bunch of 2nd rate washed-up wanna be/never was's/dirty rotten b*stards on every inch of their bench. Next year they will suck and be out in the 1st round, if they even make the playoffs. Have I mentioned how I truly despise the boring, inconsistent, crap that little buttman prick has made out of the SC playoffs.

Can't wait for the draft. Rah. Rah. :mex:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

If Jersey is going to take this home for a game 7, Kovalchuk can't float like he did in game 5.

If Jersey does take this home for game 7, it will be another ring for Marty.

The Kings haven't faced pressure like they will on Monday. They have always had a 3-0 lead in every series. Game 6 at home is a pressure cooker for them, the fans want a Cup and they want them to win it at home. If they head back to New Jersey for game 7 it will be their first elimination game of the playoffs.....to be honest I don't think they can win in that situation.

I also agree that Quick has been incredibly lucky. Now I know you have to be good to be lucky and lucky to be good, but when I think of the number of times he's been down and out and the puck has gone just over the bar.....there have been several games that could have gone a different way. Quick has also looked shakey in the last two games.

I also hope someone runs that prick Jarret Stoll through the boards or puts him on a stretcher before these playoffs are over.

Brown is also turning out to be something of a whiner when things don't go his way.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Mëds wrote: Brown is also turning out to be something of a whiner when things don't go his way.
Turning out to be? BRown has long been one of the worst (best?) divers in the league and is always running his mouth like he's hard done by. Corey Perry and Dustin Brown are pretty much the worst in the league. A frustrated Kesler isn't far behind.

I'd take all three on my team in a second....
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Games 6 & 7 Marty pulls shutouts...wins the Cup and proves forever that he is the greatest goalie to ever play the game. The last picture of this hockey season is Brodeur skating off the ice holding his 4th and final Stanley Cup!

Fuck You Los Angeles and Fuck You gary bettman you little prick...
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Brodeur then retires at the top of the game forcing New Jersey to trade Larsson for Luongo :look:
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

okcanuck wrote:It will be all over in LA. As much as I like Brodeur, he was awful lucky tonight, 4 posts I believe.

a great goalie gets lotsa posts because he doesnt bother to cover the post...he gives it to you as the shot wont go in...there is net to cover...posts dont need to be covered...
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

okcanuck wrote:It will be all over in LA. As much as I like Brodeur, he was awful lucky tonight, 4 posts I believe.
Or if you think of it the other way around, LA's luck is finally over... They are not unbeatable anymore...
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Jovocop wrote:
Or if you think of it the other way around, LA's luck is finally over... They are not unbeatable anymore...
This whole series has been about the luck so far.

Which ever team ends up with the most bounces wins the cup.
2011..... the one that got away.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

tantalum wrote:Brodeur then retires at the top of the game forcing New Jersey to trade Larsson for Luongo :look:
I like that dream Tant :mex:
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

the Dogsalmon wrote:

a great goalie gets lotsa posts because he doesnt bother to cover the post...he gives it to you as the shot wont go in...there is net to cover...posts dont need to be covered...
Great goalies do get a lot of posts, but that last game was different. Two of the posts were mis-shots. Brodeur gave the shooters lots of room to put them in ,they just missed the shots.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Ahh in typical Sutter fashion his key to winning game 6 is............

.............................wait for it...................................

..................."tighten things up some more".

Good god. This series is all that is wrong with the NHL this season.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Good god. This series is all that is wrong with the NHL this season.[/quote]

a little prick is all that is wrong with the NHL every season...
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Gratz to Willie for winning a Cup. Nice to see him hoist it. Seems like there's a trend of former nucks winning it. Cookie a few years ago, now Willie. Wish Willie could of won it here, oh well. :)
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

So second year in a row that the final series is heavily impacted by a single call from the officials. What did you guys think... 2min...5 min... LA sold it... Devils deserved it...

Curious what our reaction is.

Other than bring on the Draft.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...as a lifelong fan and player of the game as well as a long time follower and supporter of the league my feelings can be summed up (sorrowfully) in one word.

Indifferent.

(and I perhaps need to find a different term which indicates a modicum of bitterness and distaste as well)

Dispassionate.

Apathetic.

Phlegmatic.

All of the above?
DeLevering since 1999.