Off-Season Trade Thread - Needs/Wants

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Off-Season Trade Thread - Needs/Wants

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote:
SKYO wrote: PARISE KELSER BOOTH
LOL, again, who is the playmaker on this line? Three puck hogs on one line, brilliant.
LOL a player who can create plays as well??

THINK ABOUT IT
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:
You are out to lunch if you would take Kesler over Benn, Potatoe. 5 years younger, meaner, bigger, more dynamic, more skilled, a local kid. What's not to like? The kid is captain material.

But like Leves said, Benn ain't going anywhere so why we even talking about it?
Have to agree with Pacific Blue here. Kesler has also had three major injuries and has a bit of an acidic attitude.

I am all for moving forward with RK but i won't be devastated if he is moved in a hockey trade and MG can solve the 2nd line centre conumdrum in the event of a move.

But alas this trade would never happen. Dallas would be retarded to make that deal .
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

RoyalDude wrote: You are out to lunch if you would take Kesler over Benn, Potatoe. 5 years younger, meaner, bigger, more dynamic, more skilled, a local kid. What's not to like? The kid is captain material.

I didn't say I wouldn't trade Kesler for Benn, what I said was that in the here and now we are a better team with Kesler.

Kesler has more experience, he's miles better defensively, he plays the more important position, and when healthy he's been the better offensive player.

Benn is a lot younger and has more upside, which is really the only reason you consider making the trade. It's also why Dallas would have none of it.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Potatoe1 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: You are out to lunch if you would take Kesler over Benn, Potatoe. 5 years younger, meaner, bigger, more dynamic, more skilled, a local kid. What's not to like? The kid is captain material.

I didn't say I wouldn't trade Kesler for Benn, what I said was that in the here and now we are a better team with Kesler.

Kesler has more experience, he's miles better defensively, he plays the more important position, and when healthy he's been the better offensive player.

Benn is a lot younger and has more upside, which is really the only reason you consider making the trade. It's also why Dallas would have none of it.
Agreed, and when Kesler plays a healthy season everyone will change their tune!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

TDA Rum wrote:I like the sign Schultz idea, but for me Schneider is worth Nash plus Columbus' 1st round pick... Like i have said before Nash has only had 1 season over 70 points, he isn't worth 7.8 million....
I appreciate your enthusiasm TDA Rum, but there's no way that the Canucks will land Nash AND Columbus' 1st round pick for just Cory Schneider. Columbus is playing major hardball with pending offers for Nash.........which is one reason why they couldn't move him at the deadline this past season. Your optimistic thinking is greatly appreciated, don't get me wrong, but it's times like these where I wonder if certain posters on here have been spending too much time in the sun? :eh:
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Farhan i would appreciate you not adding words to my quotes.... if you look at my actual quote not the one you have fabricated, i said Rick Nash plus. ... not Rick Nash plus Columbus's first round pick... which you seem to have inserted... so please quote your facts straight as this is the 2nd time you have misquoted me...thank you.
Last edited by TDA Rum on Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

TDA Rum wrote:Farhan i would appreciate you not adding words to my quotes.... is you look at my actual quote not the one you have fabricated, i said Rick Nash plus. ... not Rick Nash plus Columbus's first round pick... which you seem to have inserted... so please quote your facts straight as this is the 2nd time you have misquoted me...thank you.
Rick 'Dany Heatley' Nash

Don't we have enough guys on this team not living up to their contracts, ie Booth and Ballard. But hey, lets pick on Raymond and his payroll killing measley little 2.5 million. What, do we want to become the Rangers of the West? Where hasbeen players with bloated contracts go to phone it in?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Why don't we see what Nash can actually do on a semi-decent team with a semi decent cast before labelling him as being "washed up" 28 year old.

Being an almost PPG player on a pop-gun team like Columbus ain't too shabby.

Look at what happened to Kovalchuk when he left Atlanta. Boom.

Look how he immediately became a PPG player again. When NJD was utter shite during the 2010/2011 season, look at how his stats suffered. Look at how his stats were this year by contrast.

If you don't want to play Nash with Kesler and the Blonde bimbo. Great. Put him with the playmaking Sedin twins, and have Burrows play with Kesler. Boom.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

RoyalDude wrote: Don't we have enough guys on this team not living up to their contracts, ie Booth and Ballard. But hey, lets pick on Raymond and his payroll killing measley little 2.5 million. What, do we want to become the Rangers of the West? Where hasbeen players with bloated contracts go to phone it in?

Booth cost us $184,782 for every goal he was on pace for over an 82 game season, or $265,625 for every real goal. Raymond cost us $170,000 for every goal he was on pace for, or $255,000 for every real goal.

If Booth under performed @ 4.25, Raymond did also at $2.55.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: Don't we have enough guys on this team not living up to their contracts, ie Booth and Ballard. But hey, lets pick on Raymond and his payroll killing measley little 2.5 million. What, do we want to become the Rangers of the West? Where hasbeen players with bloated contracts go to phone it in?

Booth cost us $184,782 for every goal he was on pace for over an 82 game season, or $265,625 for every real goal. Raymond cost us $170,000 for every goal he was on pace for, or $255,000 for every real goal.

If Booth under performed @ 4.25, Raymond did also at $2.55.

Well, lets be blunt, they both suck. It's just that I find it somewhat amusing listening to you guys still holding out hope that the dumb blonde still has something in him, like all of a sudden he is gonna turn into Bill Guerin in his prime, like the light just goes on out of the blue. We went through this same process with fucking Ballard. You are who you are and Booth is a pure bread dumb ass, a pure bread idiot through and through. There isn't an ounce of individual creative thought passing through the brain waves of that peanut in his skull, I mean, isn't the Bear Baiting proof enough, what is the fucking challenge in Bear Baitin Huntin? That's just lazy ass pretender wanna be hunter, sort of like those rich dudes ya see out riding their shiney show room model Harley's in their neatly pressed leathers pretending to be Easy Rider on the Weekends before they go back to their downtown job as Account Executive Venture Capitalists on Monday.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: what is the fucking challenge in Bear Baitin Huntin?
Well let's all become fucking vegetarians because there ain't no challenge in slaughtering pigs/cows/chickens. :evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:
RoyalDude wrote: what is the fucking challenge in Bear Baitin Huntin?
Well let's all become fucking vegetarians because there ain't no challenge in slaughtering pigs/cows/chickens. :evil:

Doc, don't start getting all politcal now, you jump at any opportunity to turn regular chin waggin into political theater. We all know how yuz luv to get all politcal like. I was just talkin bout the lack of challenge in Baitin Huntin, sort of like shootin fish in a barrel ain't it? But if you are a dumb ass like Booth is a dumb ass then I can see why the easy goin simpleton huntin of baitin huntin is right up his alley.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Sometimes you eat the jackass sometimes the jackass eats you.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Strangelove wrote:Sometimes you eat the jackass sometimes the jackass eats you.
where dat come from? I don't need any insight into your fetishes, Doc. :wow:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Last edited by RoyalDude on Wed Jun 13, 2012 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total
Well ffs the jackass edited out the part where he referred to himself as a jackass

.... one minute after I responded to it. :roll:

Sometimes you eat the jackass and sometimes the jackass eats you.
____
Try to focus on someday.