Games/Situations that influenced you as a child

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Games/Situations that influenced you as a child

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Games/Situations that influenced you as a child:

In 1993, I got suspended 3 times from middle school and was a suspension away from possibly being expelled. This game was the reason why.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgaxE7ALfLA

This arcade game was probably the most popular game back in the day. I used to play it a shit load on BC Ferries and there were usually long lines of people waiting to play.

In school, recess and lunch was littered with kids (or atleast my circle) trying these moves on each other. I clotheslined one kid and gave him a black eye. A few months later, I gave someone a suplex and they landed on their shoulder awkwardly.

The third time, someone kicked me in the rib and so I sucker punched him when he wasn't looking.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Games/Situations that influenced you as a child

Post by Strangelove »

They started a Scouts pack (or whatever they call em) out of my elementary school in east Van once a week. A buncha pals and I signed up out of curiousity (mostly we thought it would be cool to be able to get into the school at night). So yeah, one night per week at the school. After 6 weeks the scoutmaster took us on an outing to Stanley Park. Bad decision. After playing games for a few hours we got bored so we tied the scoutmaster to a tree and took the bus home.

Dumfuck shouldn't have taught us how to tie knots.

Dumfuck shoulda "been prepared".

We never saw Dumfuck again.

Our parents were phoned and told the pack was shut down.

I learned I wasn't the boy-scout type. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Farhan Lalji

Re: Games/Situations that influenced you as a child

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Strangelove wrote: After playing games for a few hours we got bored so we tied the scoutmaster to a tree and took the bus home.

Dumfuck shouldn't have taught us how to tie knots.

Our parents were phoned and told the pack was shut down.
ROFL