TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby BladesofSteel » Thu May 31, 2012 8:44 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:Jamie becomes a main character in the 3rd book, and Tyrion isn't even in the 4th. I don't think the series will go a full year with our the little Dink. They will have to re-work things, and pick the characters they want to follow.

It will also be interesting to see what happens down the road, their are only 5 books written over 20 years, season 3 is already under way and with the ratings on this season a 4th is a lock.

If things continue to progress, the TV series is going to catch up to the book.


I've only read up to book two. They are a bit of a heavy read, so I'm gonna wait to start book three until the winter, prior to the series continuing.

Apparently the author is obese and not well, he's working on the sixth book, but some are concerned it won't be complete before he kicks the bucket.
The grass is always greener
BladesofSteel
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 832
Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: Lower left-hand corner

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby LotusBlossom » Thu May 31, 2012 11:56 pm

BladesofSteel wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:Jamie becomes a main character in the 3rd book, and Tyrion isn't even in the 4th. I don't think the series will go a full year with our the little Dink. They will have to re-work things, and pick the characters they want to follow.

It will also be interesting to see what happens down the road, their are only 5 books written over 20 years, season 3 is already under way and with the ratings on this season a 4th is a lock.

If things continue to progress, the TV series is going to catch up to the book.


I've only read up to book two. They are a bit of a heavy read, so I'm gonna wait to start book three until the winter, prior to the series continuing.

Apparently the author is obese and not well, he's working on the sixth book, but some are concerned it won't be complete before he kicks the bucket.


I started watching the show before I read any of the books. Finished book 2. Going to start book 3, but been too damn busy to even pick up the Kindle to read at night lately. Le sigh.
Didn't you know?I'm Front Page news! ;)
User avatar
LotusBlossom
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 2448
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Metro Vancouver

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Fred » Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:35 am

Wildfaery wrote:
Fred wrote:Real Time with Bill Maher HBO Friday at 9pm


thanx Fred...don't have HBO but I will investigate some historical writings on this.
Namaste,hopetoseperatefactfromfiction
WF


Bill Maher is actually hosting the Peir Morgan show on CNN tonight. Hence Real Time is postponed
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:17 am

Image

Last season, will go out with a bang (unlike Sopranos 8-) ).

Girls is still the show to watch right now. Fuck'n and funny! Fucking funny.Funny FuckKing.

Judd Apatow is the producer and it's written, directed and stared by the fuckfunny Lena Dunham.

I'm sucha girl... 8-)
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5025
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Aaronp18 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:38 am

Yeah Breaking Bad should be awesome.

16 more episodes split into two parts.

:thumbs:
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1766
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:42 pm

I'm deciding you people should get out and see more live theatre...I'm too fucking lazy to start a new thread on the matter so here's my first recommendation. Enjoy:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/414fa4 ... h-williams

Omar!

8-)
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5025
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Potatoe1 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:30 pm

Arachnid wrote:I'm deciding you people should get out and see more live theatre...I'm too fucking lazy to start a new thread on the matter so here's my first recommendation. Enjoy:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/414fa4 ... h-williams

Omar!

8-)


We are in Vancouver, there isn't any live theater here.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:55 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:I'm deciding you people should get out and see more live theatre...I'm too fucking lazy to start a new thread on the matter so here's my first recommendation. Enjoy:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/414fa4 ... h-williams

Omar!

8-)


We are in Vancouver, there isn't any live theater here.


Your whole city is a play. Trust me on this.Lots of actors.

Thank you for contributing to this thread.

You are a good Solanum tuberosum.
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5025
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Benjo » Wed Jun 06, 2012 2:40 pm

BladesofSteel wrote:Apparently the author is obese and not well, he's working on the sixth book, but some are concerned it won't be complete before he kicks the bucket.


I think the bigger problem is that he is a tireless procrastinator, it took him nearly 5 years to write the 4th or 5th book I do believe. I'm glad he went with HBO though, the show would be terrible on network TV, apparently the producers had to guess who Jon Snow's mother was before he'd let them take on the show.

I'm just starting A Feast for Crows myself.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Potatoe1 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:11 pm

Arachnid wrote:Your whole city is a play. Trust me on this.Lots of actors.



Lots of actors but basically zero options for live theater.

Unless you want to watch bard on the beach over and over...
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:Your whole city is a play. Trust me on this.Lots of actors.



Lots of actors but basically zero options for live theater.

Unless you want to watch bard on the beach over and over...


yeah, i heard you just lost another one....we are spoiled here with lots of good theatre....off broadway, on broadway, fringe, independent....then there is Stratford (just saw Wilder's The Matchmaker there last weekend) and the Shaw Festival (love going to Niagara on the Lake and doing the vineyards (on bikes 8-) )and a play....with an occasional trip to NYC :mrgreen: and what the hell is wrong with Ol'William on da beach? (here it's dream in High Park...)
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5025
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Strangelove » Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:15 pm

Arachnid wrote:yeah, i heard you just lost another one....we are spoiled here with lots of good theatre....off broadway, on broadway, fringe, independent....then there is Stratford (just saw Wilder's The Matchmaker there last weekend) and the Shaw Festival (love going to Niagara on the Lake and doing the vineyards


OMG what a nightmare! How can you stand being surrounded by all those Leafers!! :shock:

Next time you're at one of these wait for a relatively quiet moment, then stand up and yell:

LUONGO FOR LUPUL, GARDINER, AND THE 5TH OVERALL!!!

(triple-dog dare ya)

Arachnid wrote:(on bikes 8-) )


:evil:
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7398
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Per » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 pm

Season finale of Alcatraz ended strangely. Are they starting the second season over on your side any time soon?
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1795
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Aaronp18 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:25 pm

I watched that American Ninja Warrior.

Pretty sure I could handle it!!

:look:
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1766
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Postby Arachnid » Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote:yeah, i heard you just lost another one....we are spoiled here with lots of good theatre....off broadway, on broadway, fringe, independent....then there is Stratford (just saw Wilder's The Matchmaker there last weekend) and the Shaw Festival (love going to Niagara on the Lake and doing the vineyards


OMG what a nightmare! How can you stand being surrounded by all those Leafers!! :shock:

Next time you're at one of these wait for a relatively quiet moment, then stand up and yell:

LUONGO FOR LUPUL, GARDINER, AND THE 5TH OVERALL!!!

(triple-dog dare ya)

Arachnid wrote:(on bikes 8-) )


:evil:


I WILL! Only, they're all Sabres fans in Niagara and Red Wing fans in Stratford :eh:

Hey Doc, have you seen a BBC sic-fi show called Life on Mars (there as an American version too). A Copper goes into a coma after being run over by a car :evil: ...and winds up in 1973. The British version is far better and I'm just getting into it until BB starts.

Prometheus in T minus 6 hours and 10 minutes....will cheer you when having a pint'o Monk cumstained Triple Dog Ale :wink:

Mmmmmmmm Charlize Theron in a super-tight spandex space suit...

Image

'pparently that Fassbender android guy steals the show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... l070G3wd8#!

She said 'yeah' 8-) she likes get'n down an' dirty in scary good sic-fi
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5025
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

PreviousNext

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest