TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by BladesofSteel »

Potatoe1 wrote:Jamie becomes a main character in the 3rd book, and Tyrion isn't even in the 4th. I don't think the series will go a full year with our the little Dink. They will have to re-work things, and pick the characters they want to follow.

It will also be interesting to see what happens down the road, their are only 5 books written over 20 years, season 3 is already under way and with the ratings on this season a 4th is a lock.

If things continue to progress, the TV series is going to catch up to the book.
I've only read up to book two. They are a bit of a heavy read, so I'm gonna wait to start book three until the winter, prior to the series continuing.

Apparently the author is obese and not well, he's working on the sixth book, but some are concerned it won't be complete before he kicks the bucket.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

BladesofSteel wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:Jamie becomes a main character in the 3rd book, and Tyrion isn't even in the 4th. I don't think the series will go a full year with our the little Dink. They will have to re-work things, and pick the characters they want to follow.

It will also be interesting to see what happens down the road, their are only 5 books written over 20 years, season 3 is already under way and with the ratings on this season a 4th is a lock.

If things continue to progress, the TV series is going to catch up to the book.
I've only read up to book two. They are a bit of a heavy read, so I'm gonna wait to start book three until the winter, prior to the series continuing.

Apparently the author is obese and not well, he's working on the sixth book, but some are concerned it won't be complete before he kicks the bucket.
I started watching the show before I read any of the books. Finished book 2. Going to start book 3, but been too damn busy to even pick up the Kindle to read at night lately. Le sigh.
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Wildfaery wrote:
Fred wrote:Real Time with Bill Maher HBO Friday at 9pm
thanx Fred...don't have HBO but I will investigate some historical writings on this.
Namaste,hopetoseperatefactfromfiction
WF
Bill Maher is actually hosting the Peir Morgan show on CNN tonight. Hence Real Time is postponed
cheers
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Last season, will go out with a bang (unlike Sopranos 8-) ).

Girls is still the show to watch right now. Fuck'n and funny! Fucking funny.Funny FuckKing.

Judd Apatow is the producer and it's written, directed and stared by the fuckfunny Lena Dunham.

I'm sucha girl... 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Yeah Breaking Bad should be awesome.

16 more episodes split into two parts.

:thumbs:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

I'm deciding you people should get out and see more live theatre...I'm too fucking lazy to start a new thread on the matter so here's my first recommendation. Enjoy:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/414fa4 ... h-williams

Omar!

8-)
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Arachnid wrote:I'm deciding you people should get out and see more live theatre...I'm too fucking lazy to start a new thread on the matter so here's my first recommendation. Enjoy:

Omar!

8-)
We are in Vancouver, there isn't any live theater here.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:I'm deciding you people should get out and see more live theatre...I'm too fucking lazy to start a new thread on the matter so here's my first recommendation. Enjoy:

Omar!

8-)
We are in Vancouver, there isn't any live theater here.
Your whole city is a play. Trust me on this.Lots of actors.

Thank you for contributing to this thread.

You are a good Solanum tuberosum.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

BladesofSteel wrote: Apparently the author is obese and not well, he's working on the sixth book, but some are concerned it won't be complete before he kicks the bucket.
I think the bigger problem is that he is a tireless procrastinator, it took him nearly 5 years to write the 4th or 5th book I do believe. I'm glad he went with HBO though, the show would be terrible on network TV, apparently the producers had to guess who Jon Snow's mother was before he'd let them take on the show.

I'm just starting A Feast for Crows myself.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Arachnid wrote: Your whole city is a play. Trust me on this.Lots of actors.
Lots of actors but basically zero options for live theater.

Unless you want to watch bard on the beach over and over...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Arachnid wrote: Your whole city is a play. Trust me on this.Lots of actors.
Lots of actors but basically zero options for live theater.

Unless you want to watch bard on the beach over and over...
yeah, i heard you just lost another one....we are spoiled here with lots of good theatre....off broadway, on broadway, fringe, independent....then there is Stratford (just saw Wilder's The Matchmaker there last weekend) and the Shaw Festival (love going to Niagara on the Lake and doing the vineyards (on bikes 8-) )and a play....with an occasional trip to NYC :mrgreen: and what the hell is wrong with Ol'William on da beach? (here it's dream in High Park...)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Arachnid wrote: yeah, i heard you just lost another one....we are spoiled here with lots of good theatre....off broadway, on broadway, fringe, independent....then there is Stratford (just saw Wilder's The Matchmaker there last weekend) and the Shaw Festival (love going to Niagara on the Lake and doing the vineyards
OMG what a nightmare! How can you stand being surrounded by all those Leafers!! :shock:

Next time you're at one of these wait for a relatively quiet moment, then stand up and yell:

LUONGO FOR LUPUL, GARDINER, AND THE 5TH OVERALL!!!

(triple-dog dare ya)
Arachnid wrote: (on bikes 8-) )
:evil:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Season finale of Alcatraz ended strangely. Are they starting the second season over on your side any time soon?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I watched that American Ninja Warrior.

Pretty sure I could handle it!!

:look:
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Strangelove wrote:
Arachnid wrote: yeah, i heard you just lost another one....we are spoiled here with lots of good theatre....off broadway, on broadway, fringe, independent....then there is Stratford (just saw Wilder's The Matchmaker there last weekend) and the Shaw Festival (love going to Niagara on the Lake and doing the vineyards
OMG what a nightmare! How can you stand being surrounded by all those Leafers!! :shock:

Next time you're at one of these wait for a relatively quiet moment, then stand up and yell:

LUONGO FOR LUPUL, GARDINER, AND THE 5TH OVERALL!!!

(triple-dog dare ya)
Arachnid wrote: (on bikes 8-) )
:evil:
I WILL! Only, they're all Sabres fans in Niagara and Red Wing fans in Stratford :eh:

Hey Doc, have you seen a BBC sic-fi show called Life on Mars (there as an American version too). A Copper goes into a coma after being run over by a car :evil: ...and winds up in 1973. The British version is far better and I'm just getting into it until BB starts.

Prometheus in T minus 6 hours and 10 minutes....will cheer you when having a pint'o Monk cumstained Triple Dog Ale :wink:

Mmmmmmmm Charlize Theron in a super-tight spandex space suit...

'pparently that Fassbender android guy steals the show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... rl070G3wd8#!

She said 'yeah' 8-) she likes get'n down an' dirty in scary good sic-fi