Dear US Border Guards...

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Dear US Border Guards...

Post by Strangelove »

FUCK YOU!!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Dear US Border Guards...

Post by SKYO »

a body cavity search? :look:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

I find the US guys funny in a good way.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:FUCK YOU!!!!
Generally I'd agree with you. Especially, my experiences from immigration at JFK have often left a lot to be desired, but at my most recent visit to the US of A, the immigration officer at Newark international airport was surprisingly nice and even wished us a good trip. Perhaps it was because he was Puerto Rican? :mex:

Either way, it's good to hear that you have joined me in the quixotic quest to dismantle borders and border control. :)

Here is what a border should look like:

This one between Holland and Belgium...

This, however, is almost over the top... crossing the border four times to complete 18 holes of golf, and on the sixth hole, where you tee off in Sweden but the green is in Finland, a well executed swing at eg 5 pm will make the ball land on the green shortly after 6 pm local time ... :?
http://www.haparandatornio.com/English/ ... /Golf.html

I hear that people in Haparanda/Tornio will buy beer on the Finnish side but wine on the Swedish, as different taxation principles on alcohol means that will give you the best value for money.
Live free and prosper! 8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

It's so funny how different we get treated when we try and cross with our slightly brown skinned friend. :lol:

And if you picked the lane thats moving at half the speed of the others... you got a woman. :evil:
2011..... the one that got away.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I've heard they can be more pagan than a goat farming spider's breakfast of champions.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Topper wrote:I've heard they can be more pagan than a goat farming spider's breakfast of champions.
:evil:
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Forgot about this thread. Twas all about the daughter of a friend of mine. She is dating a Yank and had a weekend-long visit all planned out. She stayed there with him for 2 weeks on her holidays about a month ago, went down for an overnight two weeks ago. But those C-WORD guards wouldn't let her across the line Saturday morning. The poor kid was streaming tears all day Saturday. She's the nicest, sweetest, hardest-working gal you'd ever wanna meet. But those C-WORDS interrogated her for hours and then sent her home (she lives upcountry).

I get soooo mad at those C-WORDS i could just spit.

Oh yeah "we don't want lowly Canucks dating our lads and perhaps one-day moving down here". :scowl:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Man - I've got some stories from when I moved down here.... :crazy:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

C'mon Corny, share!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Strangelove wrote:Forgot about this thread. Twas all about the daughter of a friend of mine. She is dating a Yank and had a weekend-long visit all planned out. She stayed there with him for 2 weeks on her holidays about a month ago, went down for an overnight two weeks ago. But those C-WORD guards wouldn't let her across the line Saturday morning. The poor kid was streaming tears all day Saturday. She's the nicest, sweetest, hardest-working gal you'd ever wanna meet. But those C-WORDS interrogated her for hours and then sent her home (she lives upcountry).

I get soooo mad at those C-WORDS i could just spit.

Oh yeah "we don't want lowly Canucks dating our lads and perhaps one-day moving down here". :scowl:
Guess they're still upset about Pamela Andersson... :?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Strangelove wrote: She's the nicest, sweetest, hardest-working gal you'd ever wanna meet.
and now she's single

donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Strangelove wrote:
Interesting bit of hypocrisy between our two nations.

We do a fair amount of work for the Hudsons Bay chain (BC Region) which includes, until a few weeks down the road when Target takes over, the Zellers group.

After completing an emergency project at a Zellers recently I went in to do a final walk around with my Super and the manager told me she's been working at the same outlet for 35 years and at the end of July (I think it was) she, and all the other employees are out on their asses to be replaced by, wait for it, Americans.

Wtf? Says I, how does that work, as far as I know they can't just waltz in and take Canadian jobs (apparently they can when dealing with the soft Canadian politicians)? As a matter of fact pre-Olympics when we were desperate for more manpower I tired to hire a few Yanks, who were equally desperate for work at the time (probably still are and if they were any good they'd still be working at lever and sons) and the Government threw so many road blocks in front of me (you have to hire Canadian first Mr. Lever....I've got 300 resumes of shit in front of me says I, they're all lazy, useless, untrained tits and it'll be a cold day in hell before...anyway...I digress...) that I ended up going Global which was ten times easier if you can imagine that.

When we went to the Ravens game last year the border guard was a 350 lb. sack of shit who was grilling the hell out of us, my buddy in the front seat was fucking around with his phone while I was talking to the guy...wtf r u doing with your phone sir?, says the guy, chill dude, sheesh, until, after taking note of his particularily rotund frame, I asked him kindly what one would eat at Qwest field, cue eyes lighting up, Oh, you gotta have the garlic fries, they're the best, garlic fries sir, ok says I, we'll have some fries, great, enjoy the game guys he says...and off we go.
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Doc, one of the most important things when admitting someone into a country on a temporary visit, is ensuring that they are going leave. You single sweet little foreign things with a sugar daddy in the US may just want to stay.

Not saying that is her situation but look at the border guards situation. Sweet young thing pulls up, Where do you live? Abbotsford, What is the purpose of your trip? I'm going to spend the weekend with my boyfriend. Is he Canadian working in the US? No sir, he's American. Ma'am, please park your car over there and come inside, I would like to ask you a few more questions.

At that point, she needs to prove that she has strong enough ties to Canada that she more likely to return to Canada than move in with her boyfriend.

Donny, I am not surprised the Zellers staff is being terminated or that the manager is being replaced by an American. If Lever and Sons were to acquire an American construction firm I am sure you would want your manager in place. Canadian exploration firms do this all the time sending a Canadian geologist down to their US projects as a manager. A quick visit is no problem to oversee the job, anything more requires some paperwork for US immigration (fill out the form, attach some supporting letters from the company - fairly straight forward)

I would be surprised if the regular floor staff was replaced by Americans. I do see them terminated by Zellers and rehired by Target. Target would also use the opportunity to cull the dead wood while resetting seniority and wages. Some may not want to return under those conditions. The manager may be due for roughly 3 years severance (one month per year of service).

Your friend goofing about with his cell phone is an idiot. He is entering a foreign country and Customs and Immigration officers demand and deserve respect.

I'm looking out my window at a cutline on the hillside a kilometre away that is the US border. My nearest crossing is 5km from my door. I buy gas and dairy across the line (currently $4.20/gal for Reg) weekly. As I drive up to the border, sunglasses and radio off, window down, passports in hand. When I get to the window, engine off.

I have had far more hassles with Canadian Customs and Immigration than I have ever had with the US folks. Try being a single, late twenties/early thirties manager of a business in Jamaica who travels often and extensively throughout Central America and then fly into Pearson a couple of times a year.

Get married while you are living as an expat and then move back to Canada with your wife and you will really see how brain dead the Canadian Immigration folks are to deal with.

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I live 3 blocks from the border, get gas weekly or so for $3.89 at Arco exit 266.

Wife is actually going down today to pick up some groceries. I've got to head down later to pick up the sticks I ordered from Hockey Monkey.

Yeah as Topper says play their little game of respect and I've never had an issue.

As mentioned though the slowest line will be a woman!!