Offseason Wheelings and Dealings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

dbr
CC Legend

Re: Offseason Wheelings and Dealings

Post by dbr »

The Canadiens lure Rick Dudley away from his position as director of player personnel with the leaves, he will take the Assistant GM position in Montreal (although he is - according to Darren Dreger - apparently not able to work the draft for the Habs).

Meanwhile in St. Louis, the change in ownership has activated a clause in John Davidson's contract that allows him to move on if he wishes.. apparently he is discussing the direction of the team with new owner Tom Stillman at this point and has not spoken to the Calgary Flames about joining that organization (Link). Davidson has presided over a real return to respectability for the Blues, I'm hoping whatever he does it doesn't land him in Calgary.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..hmmm, played his intial pro years in St. Loo and has lived in the States for some time but is Canadian and did play minor hockey in Calgary.

Yeah, that would suck.

As an aside..

Davidson was accidentally the inspiration for the title song of the 1978 hit album Double Vision by the rock group Foreigner. Members of the band were watching a Stanley Cup Playoff game between Davidson's New York Rangers and the Buffalo Sabres. Members of the band were fans of the Rangers. Davidson was shaken up when an unknown member of the Sabres took a hard shot that hit Davidson's goalie mask. As he was recovering, announcers Jim Gordon and Bill Chadwick said Davidson was suffering from "Double Vision."
DeLevering since 1999.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Hmm, maybe Davidson's not such a blues man after all..
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

donlever wrote:Davidson was accidentally the inspiration for the title song of the 1978 hit album Double Vision by the rock group Foreigner. Members of the band were watching a Stanley Cup Playoff game between Davidson's New York Rangers and the Buffalo Sabres. Members of the band were fans of the Rangers. Davidson was shaken up when an unknown member of the Sabres took a hard shot that hit Davidson's goalie mask. As he was recovering, announcers Jim Gordon and Bill Chadwick said Davidson was suffering from "Double Vision."
"Four" was my favourite Foreigner album, but now that I've learnt that Double Vision has strong ties to hockey I may have to reconsider things. :lol:

Can't wait to share that story with my older brother and his friends... all who are massive hockey and Foreigner fans.
2011..... the one that got away.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...I'll quickly dodge Cornuck (shouldn't be hard in that lumbering 1996 Suburban he drives) here to say that the early incarnation of the band (Foreigner, Double Vision, Head Games) was my favourite stuff (although I was fine with 4 as well).

Tough to go wrong with Mick Jones, Ian MacDonald (hey Topper King Crimson again..it's a revolution) and Lou Gramm....
DeLevering since 1999.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

donlever wrote:...I'll quickly dodge Cornuck (shouldn't be hard in that lumbering 1996 Suburban he drives) here to say that the early incarnation of the band (Foreigner, Double Vision, Head Games) was my favourite stuff (although I was fine with 4 as well).

Tough to go wrong with Mick Jones, Ian MacDonald (hey Topper King Crimson again..it's a revolution) and Lou Gramm....
Hey donlever,

Just a question......

What do you think about the Canucks trading Roberto Luongo and Ryan Kesler.......

For Eric Staal and Cam Ward? I think it would be pretty sick.

We then package Corey Schneider for Victor Hedman.......
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Uhh Farhan, this thread is based in fact. Such as the fact that Foreigner and John Davidson are forever linked in history. Please don't clutter it up with this nonsense, thank you...
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

I always thought Foreigner and Kansas were the same bland, like how Air Supply, Men at Work and Little River Bland all went to the same high school.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

dbr wrote:Uhh Farhan, this thread is based in fact. Such as the fact that Foreigner and John Davidson are forever linked in history. Please don't clutter it up with this nonsense, thank you...
Lol. dbr that's hiliarious when you consider that most of your posts on Canuckscentral's last days revolved around the Canucks trading Schneider for Jarome Iginla. :lol:

This thread is devoted to offseason wheelings and Dealings so perhaps your homoerotic fantasies of Foreigner and John Davidson would be better served in the Bar and Grill.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Farhan I am pretty sure you've got me mistaken for someone else, I've never been an advocate of trading for Jarome Iginla so.. :|

I started this thread to keep track of real developments occurring around the league and was jokingly referring to an ofshoot of that discussion with the Foreigner reference, but yeah obviously there's an entire thread to talk about trading for Eric Staal and Hedman or you could even start another one if you want.

Anyway you seem to have taken my request pretty personally, so I apologize for stepping on your toes if that was your perception but there was no offense intended. Apologies for assuming you had slightly thicker skin. :D
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Pahlsson going back to Sweden? Naslund wants him to play for Modo.

LINK
Former Vancouver Canucks captain Markus Naslund is trying to lure centre Sammy Pahlsson back home to Sweden to play for Modo, according to a story on a Swedish website.

Pahlsson, 34, finished this past season as a Canuck after being acquired from the Columbus Blue Jackets at the NHL trading deadline. His contract has expired and he stands to become an unrestricted free agent July 1.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Cornuck wrote:Pahlsson going back to Sweden? Naslund wants him to play for Modo.

LINK
Former Vancouver Canucks captain Markus Naslund is trying to lure centre Sammy Pahlsson back home to Sweden to play for Modo, according to a story on a Swedish website.

Pahlsson, 34, finished this past season as a Canuck after being acquired from the Columbus Blue Jackets at the NHL trading deadline. His contract has expired and he stands to become an unrestricted free agent July 1.

no loss here...
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Cornuck wrote:Pahlsson going back to Sweden? Naslund wants him to play for Modo.

LINK

no loss here...
Hey chum....I agree, but wouldn't be mad If we kept him ..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

we can find the same deal only cheaper,stronger,younger and faster...Paulsson was about as useful as a condom in the DTES...
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Johnny Oduya (6-0, 200, 30, 3G-15A last yr with Chi/Win) signs with Chicago @ 3.375M$cap for 3yrs.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu ... 23137.html