TV Shows: What are you watching?

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: TV Shows: What are you watching?

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Arachnid wrote:
mathonwy wrote:
Arachnid wrote:I watch a lot of BBC stuff so American stuff/fluff has to be pretty compelling to grab my attention...
I love Survivors on the BBC. I'm not even sure if they still make it but I watched the first two seasons and I thought they were great. I've been meaning to check out Downton Abbey but have yet to find the time.

I recently watched the first 3 seasons of breaking bad and am awaiting a dvd release of season 4. (Satellite internet = streaming video sucks, had to cancel Netflix). I hope they release it prior to Season 5 in July because I want to be current. I need to be current. That show is fucking incredible. Cranston's performance should o down in history as one of the best TV performances of ALL TIME.

In no particular order, The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, Game of Thrones (April baby!!!), Simpsons, Family Guy. For reality TV I like The Biggest Loser and Celebrity Apprentice.

I have been meaning to check out Boardwalk Empire and Mad Men.

I love TV.
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

Some solid meme's from Walking Dead right here. Warning there is a few spoilers
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-best ... season-two
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Benjo wrote:Some solid meme's from Walking Dead right here. Warning there is a few spoilers
http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/the-best ... season-two
Awesome!!
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Saw this trailer today for a new show called Continuum.

http://continuumtheseries.com/

On Showcase.....any interest?
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

CFP! wrote:Saw this trailer today for a new show called Continuum.

http://continuumtheseries.com/

On Showcase.....any interest?
Now that House is gone and a few shows ended their seasons that we watch regularly, Mr LB and I are thinking of giving it a go. Just so freaking busy lately I just finished The Walking Dead last week on the PVR.

Thank technology for such things, beats the crap out of the 'timer on the VCR' crap I had to endure in the past. :)
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

8-)
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Think I'll give the Hatfields and the McCoys a look see tonight on History channel.

Love a well done western. Hell on Wheels was ok . Hoping this miniseries with Kevin Costner, Bill Paxton and Powers Boothe looks as good as advertised.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Think I'll give the Hatfields and the McCoys a look see tonight on History channel.

Love a well done western. Hell on Wheels was ok . Hoping this miniseries with Kevin Costner, Bill Paxton and Powers Boothe looks as good as advertised.
I thought it was great. Will definitely be watching the next two.
2011..... the one that got away.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

The Borgias
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Game of Thrones has been fantastic! I think... this coming Sunday is the season finally.

Then... summer! :|

Lookin forward to Boradwalk Empire and The Walking Dead in the fall.
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

The only show after GoT I'm looking forward to is Breaking Bad. Girlfriend and I watched the first episode of Girls on HBO last night. Pretty funny and well written...think Sex & the City by the Cohen Bros....

If you are forced to watch chick flick shit, recommend this one and see the brownstar points you score (amI right OD? amI righ'? :D )
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

ODB wrote:Game of Thrones has been fantastic! I think... this coming Sunday is the season finally.

It is indeed. Now that Stanis has fled back to his fire bitch, the Red Keep is secure, we just need to see what happens to fucknut Theon and the demise of Winterfell. I'm not exactly sure where Jamie Lannister his being taken, but we could find that out as well...my money is he's being taken to Lysa at the Eyrie.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

BladesofSteel wrote:
ODB wrote:Game of Thrones has been fantastic! I think... this coming Sunday is the season finally.

It is indeed. Now that Stanis has fled back to his fire bitch, the Red Keep is secure, we just need to see what happens to fucknut Theon and the demise of Winterfell. I'm not exactly sure where Jamie Lannister his being taken, but we could find that out as well...my money is he's being taken to Lysa at the Eyrie.
Yep... also curious to see how deep they'll get into what happens to the bastard, Jon Snow.

Fracken best show ever!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

I think Snow will stay with the Wildlings and learn their plans. Something tells me Clegane (The Hound) will be making his way North to the wall. Theon is a dead man walking, Bran and Ricken will split up and flee.

I don't care about Daenerys, too boring, too drawn out. I don't see her becoming prominent for another season or two.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

BladesofSteel wrote: I'm not exactly sure where Jamie Lannister his being taken, but we could find that out as well...my money is he's being taken to Lysa at the Eyrie.
He is being taken to King's landing where he will be "hand-ed" over to his sister.

For those who read the book :lol: