Cooke if he's not signed...

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Will Cooke be Traded or Signed?

Traded
57%
Signed
43%

Total votes: 30

Mooger35
CC Veteran

Post by Mooger35 »

Cooke doesn't qualify for bonuses.

A Club's payroll will include all salaries, signing bonuses and performance bonuses paid to players.

Performance bonuses will only be permissible for the following types of players:
(1) players on entry-level contracts;
(2) players signing one-year contracts after returning from long-term injuries (players with 400 or more games who spent 100 or more days on injured reserve in the last year of their most recent contract);
(3) senior veteran players who sign a one-year contract after the age of 35.

source: TSN
Last edited by Mooger35 on Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Peter: Just don't forget our deal, Lois. I sit through this and later tonight I get anal. You hear me? No matter how neat I want the house you have to clean it.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Mooger35 wrote:Cooke doesn't qualify for bonuses.

A Club's payroll will include all salaries, signing bonuses and performance bonuses paid to players.

Performance bonuses will only be permissible for the following types of players: (1) players on entry-level contracts;
(2) players signing one-year contracts after returning from long-term injuries (players with 400 or more games who spent 100 or more days on injured reserve in the last year of their most recent contract);
(3) senior veteran players who sign a one-year contract after the age of 35.

source: TSN
Right I forgot the older player one.
magnum44
CC Veteran

Post by magnum44 »

Thanks to the law offices of mooger & tantalum for the explanation. How long was cooke on IR at the beginning of last year? I could only find out that he played 53 games but don't know how many days he missed. Including playoffs he would also qualify for the400 game condition (379 regular season). Im sure the canuck front office would have already looked to see if this was a possibility, but you never know.
You're only young once, but you can be immature forever
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Someone remind me why cooke was on the IR last year?
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
VHF
CC Rookie

Post by VHF »

He missed 13 games due to a shoulder injury in Nov/Dec '03
He missed 14 games due to a sprained knee in Jan/Feb '04
He was also suspended for 2 games for spearing Matt Johnson in Feb '04
it's just a game...dammit!
Mooger35
CC Veteran

Post by Mooger35 »

magnum44 wrote:Thanks to the law offices of mooger & tantalum for the explanation. How long was cooke on IR at the beginning of last year? I could only find out that he played 53 games but don't know how many days he missed. Including playoffs he would also qualify for the400 game condition (379 regular season). Im sure the canuck front office would have already looked to see if this was a possibility, but you never know.

Cooke missed 34 days each time he was injured (may have spent less on IR)

So max, 34 x 2 = 68. Still 32 days short of qualifying.
Peter: Just don't forget our deal, Lois. I sit through this and later tonight I get anal. You hear me? No matter how neat I want the house you have to clean it.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Thanks VHF
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch