Stanley Cup Finals - Predicitons?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who will win?

Kings in 4
No votes
Kings in 5
23%
Kings in 6
27%
Kings in 7
3%
Devils in 4
No votes
Devils in 5
7%
Devils in 6
23%
Devils in 7
17%

Total votes: 30

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Stanley Cup Finals - Predicitons?

Post by Cornuck »

Anyone plan on watching?

Does Marty have one more Cup in him?

Will Philly win the Cup by trading all of their players to LA?
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Jovocop
CC Legend

Re: Stanley Cup Finals - Predicitons?

Post by Jovocop »

I just cannot imagine assholes like Doughty, Brown, Williams and Stoll hoisting the Cup. Also, I would love to see Brodeur winning one more before retiring.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

I predict an ex Canuck will win the cup.

The road to the finals has been relatively soft for both teams... I honestly don't even have a hunch.
2011..... the one that got away.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Won't be really watching, but hoping New Jersey can win it. Can't stand the smugness of the Kings - would love nothing better than for Doughboy and Brown-hole get filled in and sent to the hospital Cupless.

but....

I think the smug assholes will win it. Buttman needs some buzz and revenue for the sport in the sunshine state ahead of the upcoming CBA talks.

(putting my tinfoil hat back on)
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Jersey in 5. Will someone here promise to post the eventual winner, as I could care less about watching these games.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Lancer wrote:Won't be really watching, but hoping New Jersey can win it. Can't stand the smugness of the Kings - would love nothing better than for Doughboy and Brown-hole get filled in and sent to the hospital Cupless.

but....

I think the smug assholes will win it. Buttman needs some buzz and revenue for the sport in the sunshine state ahead of the upcoming CBA talks.

(putting my tinfoil hat back on)
WTF about the Kings is Smug?

Huh... :eh:

The media sucking their bags is getting to be yuck... I haven't heard any smugness coming out of LA. Well maybe that "you're wecome Canada" tweet but wth, it was meant as a joke! :wink:

I don't care who win's. Willie in LA or Marty in NJ... :thumbs:
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

As much as I'd like to see Marty get one more Cup, I'll be rooting for the Kings. A friend is a Kings fan, and he's supported the Canucks in the playoffs through all of those dark LA (playoff-less) seasons.

I just hope that it's good hockey. I'll catch the games (or part of) that are NBC.

Kings in 6
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:I predict an ex Canuck will win the cup.

The road to the finals has been relatively soft for both teams... I honestly don't even have a hunch.
Soft - as in no real battles? Agreed. But the Kings did knock off the #1,2&3 seeds.
wafflecombine
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by wafflecombine »

Cornuck wrote:Anyone plan on watching?

Does Marty have one more Cup in him?

Will Philly win the Cup by trading all of their players to LA?
Since the Canucks were eliminated I haven't watched a single game. I don't plan on watching the finals.

Theoretically I guess if I had to root for someone it would be the Devils but solely on the theory of sending Marty off in style. One more cup and retire. Pretty much as good as it gets for an old warhorse like that.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Devils in 6...Go Marty Go!!!
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Kings in five. Will be nice to see Willie hoist the cup.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

I would love to see the Devils win............

Believe it or not, the Devils have made just as many Stanley Cup appearances as the mighty Detroit Redwings since 1995.......

If the Devils win, they will have tied the Redwings for total cups won since 1995..........

Would be nice to see Brodeur notch what would most likely be his final Stanley Cup..............

Having said that, the Kings are way too good. I can't see the Devils putting up much of a challenge........

Although this whole playoffs have been fucking strange, and so maybe the Devils pull it off...........

Kings in 5..........
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

okcanuck wrote:Kings in five. Will be nice to see Willie hoist the cup.
Yup. And this is the ONLY reason I care an inkling about who wins the Cup. If Willie wasn't on the Kings, I could care less who wins it if the Canucks aren't playing. Willie seems like a solid guy and is from this part of the world, considered himself a Canuck even after he was offered peanuts to play here and took the paycheque in LA.

A bit off topic, but anyone else follow Paul Bissonnette (BizNasty2point0) on Twitter? He has more than a quarter million followers so would imagine a few are. But that guy sure gets himself into some solid situations. Ah the life of a pro athlete....
porp
CC Veteran

Post by porp »

Heart wants the Devils to win, brain's saying Kings in 6. The road to the cup has been through Vancouver an awful lot the past few years.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

I think the Kings are in for a surprise. The Devils are as fast if not faster than the Kings. They also hit very well. They play a forchecking/trap style, which will give the Kings fits. Remember, they play this style with personnel that are a lot more talented than the Coyotes. Also, the top end players on the Devils (Kovalchuk and Parise), are better than Richards and Carter. In goal, it's pretty even. Brodeur isn't all over the place like Mike Smith. I think it's the Devils in 5 or 6.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra