Sidney to repeat history in Pittsburgh? The answer is NO!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Will Sidney Crosby score on this first shift in his first game like Mario did so many years ago?

Poll ended at Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:51 pm

Yes
12%
No
88%

Total votes: 26

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Sidney to repeat history in Pittsburgh? The answer is NO!

Post by mattola »

Well Im getting bored of bitching about Cookes extra $300K :)

Will Sidney score on his first shift in his first game ever with the Pens, matching Mario in his first shift and game.

Will we see this kid become the next...um Mario or the next Daigle....

Im looking forward to seeing him play. you?
Last edited by mattola on Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mindbender
CC Rookie

Post by mindbender »

Great topic. Nice to change lanes for a minute. From what I've seen of Crosby he appears to be a great kid and has it all put together. He's not afraid to go into the corners and I think he will be a great one. He's handled the pressure thus far incredibly well and if the new rules are in place and stay that way then there is no reason to think this guy won't get a ton of points on a line with Mario. I think their first game is with the Devils and although they have lost Neidermeyer they still have Brodeur. I say "no" he does not get a goal on his first shift but he will get his first goal in the same game.
cupboundnucks
AHL Prospect

Post by cupboundnucks »

sid the super kid

he wont be thenxt daige! he's the total package!

if crosby came into the nhl 2 or 3 years ago
i would say " no he wont be the nxt mario"

but now with the new nhl....and the new style of play they are "supposed" to be enforcing.........crosby might just be the nxt mario! maybe he wont get 200 pts..but he will be the nxt mario relative to the rest of the players in the league

example: say 6 or 7 years from now..... the top gunners in the league get 100 pts if crosby could score 120!! that would be great!
it'd be realy nice to see someone in the league emerge as the "best" player by far

will he score on his first shit...first shot????.....i'll have to say no (but it would be really nice if he did ) ......... he might not even score in his first game BUT i BET lem, ziggy and goncahr will be feeding him passes all nite! ....
he wont score first shift, shot..ect..but i believe that he will grow into the bestplayer of the league!!! wootwoot
94-95
"hey i jus got off work..did the nucks win the cup?"
"YEA THEY DID "
"no just kidding"
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

i expect him to completely suck for the first little bit as the pressure gets to him, he'll try to do it all himself, and eventually he will realize he has got many years to try and do it all on his own and when he stops thinking about it so much will then fall into line, i wouldnt be surprised if some of his Team Canada mates score before him
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

He won't be a Daigle, but I don't think he will be the much lauded saviour of hockey. He will be good, probably an above average player, maybe able to get 80-90 points a season. He won't score on his first shift, just because of the unbeleivable pressure placed on him. I think it will take two or three games, but he will get an assist in his first game. No matter how he turns out it will be fun to see he develops.
Heavy_P
AHL Prospect

Post by Heavy_P »

I just hope the hype doesn't break him. I don't think he'll be the next Gretzky or Lemieaux, but I think he'll be a solid player for a long time. Playing with the big boys is a HUGE step from playing with 17/18 year olds, even for someone with his skills.
"No, if your jaw were broken, you would'nt be able to talk...and my life would be much easier." - Oracle
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

didn't mario score in his first game on his first shift in the first minute of the game? just to nitpick, and i voted no. as good as mario is, i think he was lucky to get that scoring chance.
Mr.Pink
AHL Prospect

Post by Mr.Pink »

Score on his first shift or first shot? Probably not and stats would be in favor of that not happening.

The next Daigle - not likely.
VHF
CC Rookie

Post by VHF »

I doubt he'll score on his 1st shift. Crosby is very good, but he may not exactly dominate in his 1st year. The Q isn't quite like the NHL. He'll be in a great battle with Ovechkin for rookie of the year.
it's just a game...dammit!
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

I doubt it will happen but you never know. Crosby is still no where as good as Lemieux coming out of junior but he is world class. Crosby didn't dominate in the world juniors, so how is he going to dominate in the NHL right now? Playing with Mario he will get goals and look great, but if he played with the Sedin's he wouldn't look as good.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

No. he's a great player, but the rest of the league is so much better than 20 years ago.
My guess is he won't be the next Jebus, but could very well be the next Forsberg (sans diving) or the next Sakic (with more grit).

should be fun to watch, its a shame its wasted on Pittsburgh.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

I think Ovechkin will be the better player over the next 2-3 years but I see Crosby being the longer Star. I think Crosby will eventually bring in a Hart, Art Ross and Lester Pearson. but lets see if he can bring a Conn Smythe as well.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

im curious to see if he plays his whole career in pittsburgh or if he will get sick of them (if they are just abismal) and want out so that he can play for a contender, although pittsburgh does look a whole lot better than they did a couple years ago so you never know
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

feritflame wrote:im curious to see if he plays his whole career in pittsburgh or if he will get sick of them (if they are just abismal) and want out so that he can play for a contender, although pittsburgh does look a whole lot better than they did a couple years ago so you never know
it will be interesting if we ever see one player play their entire career with one team ever again. the cba and future cbas will probably change that forever
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

The poll is closed. LET THE SEASON BEGIN