Dining in Vancouver

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: Dining in Vancouver

Post by donlever »

Knock offs built to fit based on RazrX forged...

Driving with this (stiff shaft for when I swing to hard like a fricking monkey)...

Kept my old Callaway X series 3 wood when I changed irons and driver.

Got a Callaway Hybrid 2 iron that I've had for a few years and am loathe to change (I think we've talked about this club b 4?)

Same with my 56 and 60 wedges, a few years old but won't change.

(All 3 of off the shelf and not built to fit.)

Still putting with this (I think we've talked about the putter b 4 as well)...

DeLevering since 1999.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Nice looking irons!

The R11 seems to be where it's at as far as drivers go. Would be interesting to see how it feels, never hit an adjustable weighted club.

And yeah the others definitely sound familiar.

My clubs haven't changed 8-)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Aaronp18 wrote:
The R11 seems to be where it's at as far as drivers go. Would be interesting to see how it feels, never hit an adjustable weighted club.

I was playing in a construction tournament at the Ridge last year in June and on the second hole (up the hill, tree lined left and right) they had one of those set ups where they have a line bisecting the fairway.

You had to t-off with the R-11 and closest to the line won the club (their choice of same re: shaft et cetera from Golf Town).

The line went about 285 up the hill and I pulled this club at hit a screamer right along the fukin line about 25 yards past the end of the rope.

It was totally freak because I had been playing like a donk for several weeks and couldn't get off the box properly for the life of me.

The Rep Dude came up with a tape and measured it out and the ball would have been on the line if it had extended that far.

I now have an R-11.

And new irons to go with it.

(The best part was one of my buddies hit a 6 into the green for his second and sank the motherfucker for eagle, (beat me by two on the hole) so my shot wasn't even the best of the group on the 2nd.)
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Hot dog
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...now there's something I haven't eaten for a long time.

Give me a super hot dog recipe Topper.

Can you get decent meat in a plastic tube?
DeLevering since 1999.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

donlever wrote: I now have an R-11.

Very nice!

When the company moves this summer Northview will be the closest course. Once all this crapola and the move is done with hopefully I have some time to get out and play.

Do have a b-day certificate for Peace Portal, which is now walking distance for me. Hopefully I can get some range time in before hitting the links at some point.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

donlever wrote:...now there's something I haven't eaten for a long time.

Give me a super hot dog recipe Topper.

Can you get decent meat in a plastic tube?
Made some the other night. Picked up some good sausage from a local butcher in natural casing (the stuff the beast shat through), baked 70% whole wheat buns (anything more than 70% and the shards of bran in the whole wheat flour I have, puncture the gluten strands and it won't rise), caramelized onions, made a relish from plain yogourt, ketchup, smoked paprika, capers, fine diced dill pickle. A bit of dijon mustard sharpened up with a splash of white wine vinegar.

Sloppy goodness.

donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Topper wrote: Sloppy goodness.

..even better than Orange Julius, can't be, say it isn't so!!

No, in all seriousness, sounds awesome.

Maybe I can get Hawksworth to do one up for me.
DeLevering since 1999.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:

I was playing in a construction tournament at the Ridge last year in June and on the second hole (up the hill, tree lined left and right) they had one of those set ups where they have a line bisecting the fairway.

You had to t-off with the R-11 and closest to the line won the club (their choice of same re: shaft et cetera from Golf Town).

The line went about 285 up the hill and I pulled this club at hit a screamer right along the fukin line about 25 yards past the end of the rope.

It was totally freak because I had been playing like a donk for several weeks and couldn't get off the box properly for the life of me.

The Rep Dude came up with a tape and measured it out and the ball would have been on the line if it had extended that far.

I now have an R-11.

(The best part was one of my buddies hit a 6 into the green for his second and sank the motherfucker for eagle, (beat me by two on the hole) so my shot wasn't even the best of the group on the 2nd.)
You are a wise young man...

8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...I've been waiting with (somewhat) baited breath.

Thanks Spidey.

lever is diggin' it...

8-)
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

donlever wrote:
Topper wrote: Sloppy goodness.

..even better than Orange Julius, can't be, say it isn't so!!

No, in all seriousness, sounds awesome.

Maybe I can get Hawksworth to do one up for me.
When you are at Granville Island, stop by Oyama and select some good tube steak.

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Just got back from a family reunion just off hastings...:)
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Aaronp18 wrote:
donlever wrote:...fair warning Puck, I hit them back.
Unless it's a Pro-V1 right!

Then fire back some random rock that has somehow fallen into your bag.

Signed "You don't need a $5.00 ball to miss the fairway by that much!"
That's why I don't go any pricier than e6. 8-)
I'll head to the range this weekend to make sure I don't get any drives back with velocity next month.

Regarding the adjustable drivers: do any of you adjust them more often than once a year? It really seems that the primary time you'd want to make mods is when you first get it. Once it suits your swing, why tweak?
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...you can adjust for loft and flight angle so if you are playing into a gale at St. Andrews you can change the flight path of your ball to keep it out of the wind for instance.

Or vice versa of course.

:D

But if I were, for instance, all of a sudden slicing the ball I can adjust the face angle of the driver to accomodate for that phenomenon until I figure out wtf is happening with my swing path.

You can adjust weight distributions as well in order to move the ball left to right or right to left so the club will accomodate different golf courses for you.

Need to fade the ball all day, a little tweak and there ya go.

There are something like 50 options on the R-11.

It must be stated that you have to have some idea of what you are doing for any of the adjusting to matter.

Naysayers comment that most common, weekend players set the club once and never change it which then leaves you with the extra weight of the adjustment unit in the driver head (although not much but it is there) for absolutely no reason.

But if you have a grooved swing (good or bad) a club like the R11 can be set to accomodate for shaft angle, face angle and weight distribution for that swing and you will gain distance and straighten out your ball flight with the club.
DeLevering since 1999.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Do you guys actually take your golf clubs with you when you go out for a nice diner?

Weird.
2011..... the one that got away.