EDR???

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

EDR???

Postby ODB » Fri May 18, 2012 8:14 am

Holy Shit!

Am I the only person that had no idea most GM and Ford automobiles come equipped with an Event Data Recorder also known as Crash Data Recorders.

Our cars have Black Boxes!

I had no fucking idea???

http://crashteams.com/pdf/Crashteams%20CDR%20Vehicle%20List.pdf

I had never heard of these things before!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
User avatar
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 2:13 pm

Re: EDR???

Postby Strangelove » Fri May 18, 2012 10:52 am

Yup Ohdes, Big Brother now has your own car testify against you in a court of law.

They can also track you every move with your own cell phone and credit cards.

And of course they know everything you are thinking by tracking you online.

Last summer I had some of my pals at CSIS send me a live satellite feed of your back yard

(hope you don't mind, maybe shoulda asked first sorry).

As an aside buds, say howdy to that sweet little lady of yours from Strangelove! :D
____
The Ring Leader
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 7234
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: EDR???

Postby SKYO » Mon May 21, 2012 12:16 pm

Another reason to give up on NA vehicles.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: EDR???

Postby ukcanuck » Mon May 21, 2012 12:35 pm

SKYO wrote:Another reason to give up on NA vehicles.


Somehow I'm doubting that NA vehicles are the only ones so equipped. probably won't be long before babies come pre-installed with data logging devices...
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2364
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: EDR???

Postby rats19 » Mon May 21, 2012 1:32 pm

Sir...what do you mean you have no bar code?? ..no SIC (subcataneos (sp?)inserted chip) where have you been..???? We are goung to have to ask you to step out of line and follow these gentlemen.
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4623
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: EDR???

Postby ukcanuck » Tue May 22, 2012 7:07 am

rats19 wrote:Sir...what do you mean you have no bar code?? ..no SIC (subcataneos (sp?)inserted chip) where have you been..???? We are goung to have to ask you to step out of line and follow these gentlemen.


on that day do you think people will finally understand why gun control laws suck so badly? ???


probably not
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2364
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: EDR???

Postby Per » Tue May 22, 2012 7:35 am

ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:Sir...what do you mean you have no bar code?? ..no SIC (subcataneos (sp?)inserted chip) where have you been..???? We are goung to have to ask you to step out of line and follow these gentlemen.


on that day do you think people will finally understand why gun control laws suck so badly? ???


probably not


:hmmm:

In 2002 a total of 9,369 people were murdered with fire arms in the USA.
In the same year a total of 14 people were murdered with fire arms in the UK.

Now, in all fairness, this comparisson is misleading, as the US is much bigger than the UK. The USA has almost 314 million people and the UK only 63 million.

To make the numbers comparable, we must therefor multiply the British figure by 5.

5 x 14 = 70

Still slightly lower than 9,369.


http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_m ... h-firearms
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: EDR???

Postby rats19 » Tue May 22, 2012 9:27 am

If guns were never invented, all that would be eliminated would be the snap decision shootings and the accidental. So maybe knock off several hundred. It's the societies, that's why the nunbers are so different. People kill people...
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4623
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: EDR???

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue May 22, 2012 10:21 am

Per wrote:
:hmmm:

In 2002 a total of 9,369 people were murdered with fire arms in the USA.
In the same year a total of 14 people were murdered with fire arms in the UK.

Now, in all fairness, this comparisson is misleading, as the US is much bigger than the UK. The USA has almost 314 million people and the UK only 63 million.

To make the numbers comparable, we must therefor multiply the British figure by 5.

5 x 14 = 70

Still slightly lower than 9,369.


http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_m ... h-firearms


I wonder how many people were beaten to death at english soccer games during the same year. Or how many people were bootfucked so badly that they don't remember their own names.
Tell me how my ass tastes.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3066
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: EDR???

Postby ukcanuck » Tue May 22, 2012 11:29 am

Per wrote:
ukcanuck wrote:
rats19 wrote:Sir...what do you mean you have no bar code?? ..no SIC (subcataneos (sp?)inserted chip) where have you been..???? We are goung to have to ask you to step out of line and follow these gentlemen.


on that day do you think people will finally understand why gun control laws suck so badly? ???


probably not


:hmmm:

In 2002 a total of 9,369 people were murdered with fire arms in the USA.
In the same year a total of 14 people were murdered with fire arms in the UK.

Now, in all fairness, this comparisson is misleading, as the US is much bigger than the UK. The USA has almost 314 million people and the UK only 63 million.

To make the numbers comparable, we must therefor multiply the British figure by 5.

5 x 14 = 70

Still slightly lower than 9,369.


http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_m ... h-firearms

here's the bottom line...
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights,[75] that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government[

Just how the fuck are the people supposed to exercise their CREATOR"s given rights, if the government, (you know the one that's responsible for all the death and destruction and evil perpetrated on the innocent all over the globe) have taken away their guns???

I'm certain that more than one Swede asked himself that during World War 2

As Robin Williams said, "We have the right to bear arms or arm bears" whatever the fuck we choose.."
Last edited by ukcanuck on Tue May 22, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2364
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: EDR???

Postby ukcanuck » Tue May 22, 2012 11:30 am

:|
Last edited by ukcanuck on Tue May 22, 2012 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2364
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: EDR???

Postby Topper » Tue May 22, 2012 11:32 am

Pay cash for sim cards for your unlocked phone. Change them often.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4703
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: EDR???

Postby Puck » Tue May 22, 2012 11:43 am

Wow. Some of you guys are so far to the right, you can't even see the middle.

Corn, you live in the Excited States, what's your take?
User avatar
Puck
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 2:40 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Re: EDR???

Postby Per » Tue May 22, 2012 12:02 pm

ukcanuck wrote:Just how the fuck are the people supposed to exercise their CREATOR"s given rights, if the government, (you know the one that's responsible for all the death and destruction and evil perpetrated on the innocent all over the globe) have taken away their guns???

By voting in the next general election.

ukcanuck wrote:I'm certain that more than one Swede asked himself that during World War 2

Uhm... Why would they have done that? Except perhaps for the 2% or so that voted for the nazis, of course. :lol:

Besides, almost all men between 18 and 43 had been mobilised and issued guns to guard our borders, so I doubt that there at any time in history has ever been more Swedish men carrying guns...! :?
User avatar
Per
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: EDR???

Postby Cornuck » Tue May 22, 2012 12:12 pm

Puck wrote:Wow. Some of you guys are so far to the right, you can't even see the middle.

Corn, you live in the Excited States, what's your take?


I live in downtown Republican land. It's very conservative in these parts. Out here, people hunt, almost every home has guns and kids learn how to handle guns when they're old enough to pick them up. Not too long ago (20 years) kids here would take their guns to school so that they could hunt on the way home.

But the average hunter / gun owner knows what he's doing. The highest gun murder rates are in DC - not much hunting there, but lot's lots of hungry, angry poor people.

My attitude towards guns has changed since I moved down here. I see a need for controlling automatic weapons and assault rifles, but not shotguns, rifles or handguns. It all comes down to which way society is focused. Crime rates are down, prisons are fuller than ever, the government is assassinating people (or just giving guns to the cartels) the rich are getting richer and poor are getting hungrier. It will be interesting to see how the next 20 years plays out down here.

As far as gun laws go, I'm with the mind that "guns don't kill people, dumbass low-lifes with no respect for human life kill people". If you look at the history of gun control, modern gun control started when the Black Panthers used their god given 2nd amendment rights to arm themselves in the public. Republicans hated that so laws were passed. Now all the far righters are scared that 'Obama is going take their guns away'. So we have gun nuts stocking up...
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4826
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Next

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest