Offseason Wheelings and Dealings

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Offseason Wheelings and Dealings

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ya really...what's with the whole flip out about the damn bear hunt? It's cowardly to bait? Well unless you run it down and kill it with your bear(yes I meant that) hands then there's an advantage to being human. A rifle, a compound bow, an F-22 Raptor...all give you an advantage. So does being atop the food chain or a hunters blind. Face it...people hate to kill furry things unless they are smothered in Bulls Eye or are stretched over your Italian sofa frame.
Give it up and move on.... Look...Iginla must want a trade by now...
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Killing Bears, no big deal, how he did it, pretty lame and cheesy, but that is besides the point. The whole incident just adds fuel to the fire of what a complete shitty acquisition Booth No Brains was for the money he makes. He's just a lame individual on all fronts.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Fred wrote:Any one think that Booth may have done MG a huge favour by greasing ( with bear fat ) his own skids and a ticket out of town. Now endorsed by the champion for the National Rifle Association ( and a threat to the President of the USA ) Your favourite and mine none other than Mr Ted Nugent. Sounds like he and Tim Thomas may belong top the same club :D :D

Whatever Fredski, Ted Nugent is a monster of rock, a legendary guitarist and an icon. Whatever his political views, the dudes a TRUE rock star. if we are gonna start muzzling the very voices of freedom and rebellion then we are truly lost.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

ukcanuck wrote:
Fred wrote:Any one think that Booth may have done MG a huge favour by greasing ( with bear fat ) his own skids and a ticket out of town. Now endorsed by the champion for the National Rifle Association ( and a threat to the President of the USA ) Your favourite and mine none other than Mr Ted Nugent. Sounds like he and Tim Thomas may belong top the same club :D :D

Whatever Fredski, Ted Nugent is a monster of rock, a legendary guitarist and an icon. Whatever his political views, the dudes a TRUE rock star. if we are gonna start muzzling the very voices of freedom and rebellion then we are truly lost.

never allow a government to disarm or muzzle the people...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

the Dogsalmon wrote:

never allow a government to disarm or muzzle the people...
:rockin:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

RoyalDude wrote: Killing Bears, no big deal, how he did it, pretty lame and cheesy, but that is besides the point. The whole incident just adds fuel to the fire of what a complete shitty acquisition Booth No Brains was for the money he makes. He's just a lame individual on all fronts.
We all know that only girls and girliemen get their panties in a bunch over bear-baiting.

We all know that your hatred for Booth stems directly from the fact he is a "bible thumper".

Well at least that's what YOU told us... or were you just trolling?

So: girlieman, troll, or hater

... or all of the above? :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Victor Fasth, 29, who has been named best goalie of the SEL for two consecutive years and was Sweden's starting goalie in the last two World Championships, has signed a one year contract with Anaheim.

http://eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5147
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

There's also a rumour that Niklas Svedberg, who backstopped Brynäs to the Swedish championship this winter, will be heading over to Boston. It could of course be that they plan to dump him in Providence, but it could also mean that they're thinking of off-loading Tim Thomas while they can still get a good trade for him. :?

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=5511
Last edited by Per on Thu May 24, 2012 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote:Killing Bears, no big deal, how he did it, pretty lame and cheesy, but that is besides the point. The whole incident just adds fuel to the fire of what a complete shitty acquisition Booth No Brains was for the money he makes. He's just a lame individual on all fronts.
I assume all of the people who dislike -how- he killed the bear have experience in both baiting and non-baiting hunting. If not, why are you even talking about it? It's hunting, not whack-a-mole>
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Fred wrote:Any one think that Booth may have done MG a huge favour by greasing ( with bear fat ) his own skids and a ticket out of town.
Anyone think that we are only talking about this because it is May, we are not in the playoffs, and are bored? No where outside of the chat boards is this even remotely on anyone's radar, least of all GMMG's radar.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I set my.tree stand up on known..dusk/daylight travel routes..baiting geographically...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tciso wrote:
Fred wrote:Any one think that Booth may have done MG a huge favour by greasing ( with bear fat ) his own skids and a ticket out of town.
Anyone think that we are only talking about this because it is May, we are not in the playoffs, and are bored? No where outside of the chat boards is this even remotely on anyone's radar, least of all GMMG's radar.
Random talk, but what if we unload no show Booth's contract, and use that cap space available to sign Parise to a long term contract? If Kesler can persuade him to come to Canada, and potentially win a few championships.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

rats19 wrote:I set my.tree stand up on known..dusk/daylight travel routes..baiting geographically...
You are one helluva master baiter there Rats.

I don't think Booth is allowed to bait that way though.
2011..... the one that got away.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
rats19 wrote:I set my.tree stand up on known..dusk/daylight travel routes..baiting geographically...
You are one helluva master baiter there Rats.

I don't think Booth is allowed to bait that way though.
If Jason Bates had a butler...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Finnish 20-yo sensation Mikael Granlund has signed a three year contract with Minnesota.

He has scored 127 points in 127 games over the past three seasons, playing for IFK Helsingfors* in the Finnish SM-Liiga, but is probably most known for his rather unorthodox goal against Russia at the 2011 IHWC:

Despite his tender age he has already won both the Finnish and the World Championship an deven gotten his own stamp:

*HIFK is in many ways a Finnish version of the Montreal Canadians, as they traditionally only used to have Swedish speaking players, whereas Finnish speaking players in Helsinki would typically play for Jokerit. In recent years they've become more bilingual though. Mikael Granlund is a very Swedish sounding name, but he hails from Oulu, where most people are Finnish speaking, and his middle name is Antero, which is very Finnish. Guess he may be of mixed background.