Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby rats19 » Thu May 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
rats19 wrote:15 of thw peckerheads on thw edgw of the highway between Dawson and quesnel last night...coulda killed ratfam and 2 expensive horses and 2 dogs and a cat...all I had was my .243 and no shells...could have thrown a 75 mph fastball I spose.


75mph is not a heater ratski ,,,, it's a changepiece. You wouldn't break skin throwing that pus from 60 ft 6 " .....

:lol:

This I understand blob....however its all relative really. Against my own age..It comes in pretty hot. With 18-35 yr old its slow, so I throw slow curves,sliders say at 60mph. Then that puss 75er actually seems fast. Fuck up the timing, that's all it s about...speed Is secondary. If all a guy threw was 100 mph heat second time through the lineup.....he would get lit up. However, to your other point. I would rather get hit with mine..lol
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby CFP! » Thu May 17, 2012 8:55 pm

herb wrote:How is bear baiting any different than me using a crab or prawn trap to outsmart some invertebrates?

Hunters set up plastic deer to attract bucks.
Whatever.


This is what I came to post as well.

Another thing to consider a bear is a large predator, much like a shark. How do you catch a shark? With a bow?
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby SKYO » Fri May 18, 2012 3:21 am

I'd give Booth props if he killed the bear with a knife, alas he just baited him then shot em, weak sauce.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby CrzyCanuck » Fri May 18, 2012 4:13 am

Like many said, who cares if he hunted for food consumption.

Of all the sports, I hate those hypocritical so-called fishing lovers who fish for "sports". FFS, don't they know they are torturing fish out there with their actions?

Oh and don't get me started on vegetarians, Vegetables have life too. They grow, they produce offspring, they have life.

We human are born with this original sin - killing other species to survive. That is nature. You just gotta respect this nature by sustaining the resources.


On a side note, Topper, perhaps you can answer this for me. I've heard and read that actually the meat can have different taste/quality depending on the way animal was killed. If the animal was killed whilst in extreme terror, the meat taste actually might not be so good because of the hormones released as a result of extreme panic. Is this true?
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 am

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby Topper » Fri May 18, 2012 5:02 am

CrzyCanuck wrote:On a side note, Topper, perhaps you can answer this for me. I've heard and read that actually the meat can have different taste/quality depending on the way animal was killed. If the animal was killed whilst in extreme terror, the meat taste actually might not be so good because of the hormones released as a result of extreme panic. Is this true?

It is true.

Active muscles consume their own supply of carb (glycogen) and the by product is lactic acid. In a live animal, the blood carries away the lactic acid or it is further oxidized. Since muscles remain active for a short period after death in an effort to maintain body temp, lactic acid is produced and a small build up occurs in the muscle tissue. This small build up of lactic acid is good.

If the animal is under stress when killed, chances are the small store of glycogen is used up and little or no lactic acid accumulates because the blood has already swept it away. Butchers call it "dark cutting" meat and first recognized that poor quality of the meat back in the 18th century. Dark cutting meat tends to be gummy and because lactic acid prevents bacterial growth, dark cutting meat spoils faster.

The turnip pounding vegan crowd likes to site this bacterial issue as further evidence that we should not eat meat and like to play on the flesh from the poor frightened animal side of the issue.

Nutritionally, both meats are the same quality. The stress can come from a variety of sources; fear, transport immediately prior to slaughter, and fasting are probably the most common.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4552
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby Reefer2 » Fri May 18, 2012 7:09 am

If there was some actual sports going on right now the local media would not be playing this 24/7 and people would forget. They are talking about how fans will not let him forget about it, of course not because the local media will not allow people to forget.

Som days I prefer silence compared to what is on 1040, there is only so many things to talk about which is why I find 24/7 of any type of station is boring and how small things become big things.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 967
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby RoyalDude » Fri May 18, 2012 7:57 am

Who cares about the politics of killing bears, I don't. All I like about this whole thing is that David Booth looks like a dumb ass clown outside of his dumb ass clown hockey playing as well.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4292
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby donlever » Fri May 18, 2012 9:22 am

RoyalDude wrote: All I like about this whole thing is that David Booth looks like a dumb ass clown outside of his dumb ass clown hockey playing as well.



lol

Why the hate duuuuddee..

Chillax mang.

(btw...my bad on the new house, it was so small I thought it was a reno :P )
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1632
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby Strangelove » Fri May 18, 2012 10:35 am

donlever wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
All I like about this whole thing is that David Booth looks like a dumb ass clown outside of his dumb ass clown hockey playing as well.



lol

Why the hate duuuuddee..


Indeed. One wonders why a Canuck fan would want a Canuck to "look like a dumb ass clown"! :crazy:

As an aside, I just heard David Booth converted Mason Raymond to Christanity last night.

Apparently this bear incident led to a long telephone conversation between the two of them....
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6910
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby clem » Fri May 18, 2012 10:45 am

Strangelove wrote: Indeed. One wonders why a Canuck fan would want a Canuck to "look like a dumb ass clown"! :crazy:

As an aside, I just heard David Booth converted Mason Raymond to Christanity last night.

Apparently this bear incident led to a long telephone conversation between the two of them....

Is Raymond praying for a qualifying offer?
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby Strangelove » Fri May 18, 2012 10:55 am

clem wrote:Is Raymond praying for a qualifying offer?


Well right now he's talking of being a missionary in Kathmandu but who knows....
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6910
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby rats19 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:13 am

Really gotta get out of here...goin to..
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby Topper » Fri May 18, 2012 11:29 am

Strangelove wrote:As an aside, I just heard David Booth converted Mason Raymond to Christanity last night.

Apparently this bear incident led to a long telephone conversation between the two of them....

Interesting because the other day I thought about posting on Bountiful that the accuracy of Booth shot is the equivalent on scoring on Kiprusoff from centre ice.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4552
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby Strangelove » Fri May 18, 2012 12:21 pm

The devil you say...
____
"I like to think that this team can get its mojo back" - Ryan Miller
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 6910
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Postby rats19 » Fri May 18, 2012 12:28 pm

Really gotta get out of here...goin to..
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4554
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dchrist2 and 2 guests