Patrick Kane's offseason drinking regimen....

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Patrick Kane's offseason drinking regimen....

Post by tantalum »

Been there done that. It's shockingly easy to sleep with college girls while being college aged. You don't need to be a millionaire or anything! Of course if you are a complete douche like Kane you probably have to be a millionaire. So perhaps it's the best of both worlds.....be a complete dick and still get some.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

although i dislike the Chicago team as much as any other fan,i cant for the life of me figure out why Kane's antics are driving you people nutso...he is 23...he is rich...he is famous...he is a champion and he is not an ugly looking kid...i think lots of us are a tad envious...Kane is doing what most of us would have loved to have done...good for you Patrick...
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

the Dogsalmon wrote:although i dislike the Chicago team as much as any other fan,i cant for the life of me figure out why Kane's antics are driving you people nutso...he is 23...he is rich...he is famous...he is a champion and he is not an ugly looking kid...i think lots of us are a tad envious...Kane is doing what most of us would have loved to have done...good for you Patrick...
Agree ... almost. Have no problem with him playing the role of the superstar with the ladies (if they're dumb enough to fall for his shtick that's their problem), but the choking thing is a weird/ uncalled for.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

I have to say the Chicago, the club must not feel good about it. Not the image they were looking for. Puts the NHL up there with the NBA I guess.
cheers
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

The reason Kane is a prick is because he is young, talented, rich, not overly ugly, knows it and plays for Chicago.
The fact that he parties like a girl... well we can't hold that against him, can we?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

tantalum wrote:Been there done that. It's shockingly easy to sleep with college girls while being college aged. You don't need to be a millionaire or anything! Of course if you are a complete douche like Kane you probably have to be a millionaire. So perhaps it's the best of both worlds.....be a complete dick and still get some.
If Kane, stooping to those levels to get laid, makes all the more pathetic.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

tantalum wrote:There's being young, partying and having fun and then there's being a complete tool.

Kane is the latter.
Completely agree with this.

Having said that - I can't completely admonish Kane here since I was like this myself back in the day, but I hope he learns from his buddy Toews.........or even former greats such as Steve Yzerman, Wayne Gretzky, Joe Sakic, Scott Stevens, etc. on how to properly conduct oneself.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Farhan Lalji wrote: .....or even former greats such as Steve Yzerman, Wayne Gretzky, Joe Sakic,
Scott Stevens, etc. on how to properly conduct oneself.
Hey, hey, maybe we are closing in on the issue here.

In 1990, a D.C. Superior Court grand jury declined to file charges against three Washington Capitals hockey players - Neil Sheehy, Dino Ciccarelli and Geoff Courtnall - who had been accused of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl in a limousine. The girl had accused the three, and player Scott Stevens, of attacking her during an end-of-the-year team party in a Georgetown alley. Sources close to the investigation said law enforcement officers were certain there had been sexual activity in the limousine, but the grand jury said it did not believe it occurred against the girl's will.
DeLevering since 1999.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

another garbage score by Dino.

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

donlever wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote: .....or even former greats such as Steve Yzerman, Wayne Gretzky, Joe Sakic,
Scott Stevens, etc. on how to properly conduct oneself.
Hey, hey, maybe we are closing in on the issue here.

In 1990, a D.C. Superior Court grand jury declined to file charges against three Washington Capitals hockey players - Neil Sheehy, Dino Ciccarelli and Geoff Courtnall - who had been accused of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old girl in a limousine. The girl had accused the three, and player Scott Stevens, of attacking her during an end-of-the-year team party in a Georgetown alley. Sources close to the investigation said law enforcement officers were certain there had been sexual activity in the limousine, but the grand jury said it did not believe it occurred against the girl's will.
Boom. Stevens is the man.

I rest my case!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..didn't Dino also expose himself to a babysitter or something?

Or was that Gilmour?
DeLevering since 1999.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

donlever wrote:..didn't Dino also expose himself to a babysitter or something?

Or was that Gilmour?
Don't think it was Gilmour. Unless of course, the babysitter was Don Cherry.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
donlever wrote:..didn't Dino also expose himself to a babysitter or something?

Or was that Gilmour?
Don't think it was Gilmour. Unless of course, the babysitter was Don Cherry.
lol, good one.

No, I think it was Dougie, in St. Louis, got himself traded to the Flames thereafter I believe.

Just prior to the 1988–89 season, Gilmour was traded to the Calgary Flames along with Mark Hunter, Steve Bozek, and Michael Dark for Mike Bullard, Craig Coxe and Tim Cokery. The Blues traded Gilmour after he was named in a civil suit alleging sexual improprieties with a minor. Gilmour denied that the incident occurred, and a grand jury did not find enough evidence to indict him.
DeLevering since 1999.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

donlever wrote: The Blues traded Gilmour after he was named in a civil suit alleging sexual improprieties with a minor.
I wonder what the Blues' line of thinking was on that one. "Hey guys - let's give Theo a new dance partner! Ol' Dougie will set em' straight."

:::::cue Dropkick Murphy's song, "shippin' up to Calgary."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

the joke of the day was "Dougie Gilmour, scores before the 1st period."