Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Strangelove wrote:
herb wrote: I tried bear salami once. It wasn't too bad actually.
It's like they say: Sometimes you eat the bear, :hmmm:
Anything less would be uncivilized.
2011..... the one that got away.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
herb wrote: I tried bear salami once. It wasn't too bad actually.
It's like they say: Sometimes you eat the bear, :hmmm:
Anything less would be uncivilized.
One does wonder at this point if Topper has an elegant bear recipe doesn't one. :)
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Much pressure at the top of the evelutionary food chain.....some can't can't handle it..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Bear is closely related to pork. I once made a prosciutto with a pork leg and at the same time another fellow was doing two bear legs he'd been given. He was starting with a red wine cure. No idea how they turned out.

I worked out of a logging camp on N Vancouver Island once, a faller was taking down a big cedar when a sow black bear ran out of the hollow base leaving behind two cubs. The fallers covered the den, checked a day later and the sow had abandoned her cubs. They scooped up the cubs (their eyes hadn't opened yet) and brought them back to the bunkhouse. They bought baby formulae and bottles at the nearby Indian village and fed the bears. They kept them in a cardboard box in their room. the bears ended up on the guys farm near Victoria and were caught by Moose and Goose, mysteriously escaped, and then were found again. I think they ended up on a farm on the Olympic Peninsula that kept animals for movie work.

Life is not complete until you've been pissed on by a bear cub.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Much pressure at the top of the evelutionary food chain.....some can't can't handle it..
Yeah, especially those who are further from the top than some of us. :wink:

Methinks theythinks Booth just killed off one of their cousins. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Benjo wrote: I would highly doubt that GMMG would take kindly to the thought of one of his assets chasing bears through the woods.
The thought of Booth wandering northern forests after a bear reminds me of Elmer Fudd.

Be vewy, vewy quiet.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I dunn know what kind of picture you are trying to paint. Butt a palomino once said I would bay sorell if I kept buckskinnin like that..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
JonT21
CC Veteran

Post by JonT21 »

its pretty comical that people consider this a big deal when there are bigger problems in the world.

And I bet many people complaining most likely eat meat, wear leather shoes, and wear clothing that was made by a 5 year old in asia.

go home and rethink your lives
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

JonT21 wrote:its pretty comical that people consider this a big deal when there are bigger problems in the world.

And I bet many people complaining most likely eat meat, wear leather shoes, and wear clothing that was made by a 5 year old in asia.

go home and rethink your lives
:shock: Johnny! Your teenage angst is out of control!

I get what you're saying... but I don't think anyone needs to rethink their lives.

There seems to be an almost unanimous consensus here that if the kill was purely for sport and no part of the animal was going to be used/consumed then it wasn't cool. I don't see why eating meat and wearing leather shoes makes any of those people hypocrites.
2011..... the one that got away.
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Psst, hey Eddy - I think Jonny boy is stating that bashing Booth out of one side of one's mouth and stuffing a steak into the other side is hypocritical.. pretty tough to argue with that IMO, even though not too many are actually doing it.
Fred wrote:I'd go along with that, some how the essence of hunting always seemed to include the hunter some how out smarting the prey.
I've scanned this thread a couple of times and this keeps jumping out at me.

I think you have a very narrow idea of what "out smarting" means - it's not like people are napalming the bears' habitat, and expecting him to get within arms reach of a bear (maybe sneak up behind it and cut its throat?) is pretty unrealistic.

Personally I don't find hunting appealing but as has been mentioned several times if you eat it there's not much to complain about - I'm not sure I find killing a non-endangered animal for food any more distasteful than the hypocrisy espoused by several people in here who are almost certainly eating meat and animal products on a regular basis.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I'm personally a fan of the "if it's cute don't kill it" hunting philosophy.

This way, baby animals won't ever get killed.
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

Eddy Punch Clock wrote:I think this shows a tremendous amount of character on Booths part. He wasn't even a part of the team that lost to the Bruins in the finals yet he takes it upon himself to get revenge on the bear community.

If a King of some country gets murdered this summer you'll know who was behind it.,

we must be smokin' the same strain cause i was thinking the same thing...
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

dbr wrote:
Fred wrote:I'd go along with that, some how the essence of hunting always seemed to include the hunter some how out smarting the prey.
Not to mention, wouldn't baiting your prey be considered outsmarting it?

Hell there's even fish (you know those things one step up from the amoeba) that do this.
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Aaronp18 wrote:
dbr wrote:
Not to mention, wouldn't baiting your prey be considered outsmarting it?

Hell there's even fish (you know those things one step up from the amoeba) that do this.
ROFLMAO!!!!

:mrgreen:

Hunting isn't my thing but, I get it. Some people don't consider frolicking around a resort in the Caribbean Naked fun.?!?! Different strokes for different folks. Live and let live and all the rot!
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Way back when I first got married and times were tough I went out with my Dad moose hunting in the interior. Finally bagged one after 2 days and my wife,my young son and I had meat for a whole year,it was great. I'm not saying I have anything against hunting at all, in fact on a controlled basis it keeps the animal population at a number that can be sustained.

All I'm saying is I don't consider setting bait , then sitting in a tree and waiting for the bear,is really hunting. Hunting by its very name infers at least some sort of tracking.