Booth kills baited bear

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Booth kills baited bear

Post by okcanuck »

I dont have a problem with hunting bear as long as the bear is in its natural envirement.This bear was clearly baited to get it on camera. I find that very disgusting.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Dominion over all things.......cept cups
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

..... oh and pitchfork em!!

:mrgreen:
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

Two things:

(1) If there bear and it's parts are used for food/utilitarian uses, then fine with me. As long as (2), the species is not endangered (which I'm pretty sure black bears aren't). That guy hunting endangered wolves is an idiot.

I go salmon fishing every year. I have no problem killing animals for food consumption, however, I will catch and release any salmon over 40lbs (I've not been lucky enough to catch one this big yet, but will release if I get one), and I respect the limit laws. They're in place for a reason. I want my kids and grandkids to have the same fishing opportunites as me.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

okcanuck wrote:I dont have a problem with hunting bear as long as the bear is in its natural envirement.This bear was clearly baited to get it on camera. I find that very disgusting.

I'd go along with that, some how the essence of hunting always seemed to include the hunter some how out smarting the prey. The tracking storking the work ethic not so much any more. The concept of animals forming a que to be killed doesn't sit well. I'm wondering if they provide "Easy Boy" rockers and cold beers on the platform. The bow and arrow gives a sense of skill, it isn't from that distance just delays the inevitable and cause more suffering.
cheers
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Benjo »

okcanuck wrote:I dont have a problem with hunting bear as long as the bear is in its natural envirement.This bear was clearly baited to get it on camera. I find that very disgusting.
Considering that the players have to sign in their contracts that they won't ride motorcycles or even go skiing if I recall correctly I would highly doubt that GMMG would take kindly to the thought of one of his assets chasing bears through the woods.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Benjo wrote:
Considering that the players have to sign in their contracts that they won't ride motorcycles or even go skiing if I recall correctly I would highly doubt that GMMG would take kindly to the thought of one of his assets chasing bears through the woods.
Its simple then don't go" hunting" bear at all.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Benjo wrote:...I would highly doubt that GMMG would take kindly to the thought of one of his assets chasing bears through the woods.
Booth wasn't chasing a bear through the woods. He sat in a tree stand and waited until the bear came to see what bait was in the the oil drum. He just had to be patient and aim.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Cornuck wrote:
Benjo wrote:...I would highly doubt that GMMG would take kindly to the thought of one of his assets chasing bears through the woods.
Booth wasn't chasing a bear through the woods. He sat in a tree stand and waited until the bear came to see what bait was in the the oil drum. He just had to be patient and aim.
It is the way bow hunting for large game is done. Any other way is bad news for both the hunter and the bear.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

BC's black bear population is at an all time high. Back bears have been culled elsewhere and it's been discussed in BC.

Paying hunting guides helps feed local people. As long as the bear is killed quickly, I have no trouble with the bear hunt. If a hunter wants to pay a local taxidermist to stuff & mount the thing, so much the better.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Topper wrote: As long as he eats it, why care. Now if he were to trade the gall bladder and paws for asian hookers, I'd say trade him to Chicago.
I actually laughed out loud! :D

True story: I almost shot an Italian nudist once whilst hunting black bears.

Last edited by Strangelove on Tue May 15, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Aaronp18 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Just a pee brained ugly reactionary species swimming in the ocean.
Sounds like hockey fans.
:D :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

clem wrote:BC's black bear population is at an all time high. Back bears have been culled elsewhere and it's been discussed in BC.

Paying hunting guides helps feed local people. As long as the bear is killed quickly, I have no trouble with the bear hunt. If a hunter wants to pay a local taxidermist to stuff & mount the thing, so much the better.
Best post in the thread (from a serious point of view).
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

herb wrote: I tried bear salami once. It wasn't too bad actually.
It's like they say: Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes the bear eats you. :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

True story: I used to own a cabin in backwoods BC and once shot a bear in my pajamas.

How it got in my pajamas I'll never know. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.