Ron MacLean being crucified for 9/11 analogy

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Ron MacLean being crucified for 9/11 analogy

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

black ace wrote: Classic.

Even gets a pen flip in at the end.
I remember a commercial back in the day where Hodge flipped his pen over his shoulder poking fun at himself. I think it was either Midas or Budget Brake and Muffler.
2011..... the one that got away.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

RoyalDude wrote:It looks good on him, can't stand him. Jackass.
Not a fan of Ron, but I think this little episode is a case of people looking for something to complain about.
porp
CC Veteran

Post by porp »

Like in discussing an alternative to AV; if you were CBC brass, who would you promote to his position if you decided to fire MacLean? Jim Hughson? and deprive TV viewers of a great play by play guy?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

dhabums wrote:
Not a fan of Ron, but I think this little episode is a case of people looking for something to complain about.
nah, if you had family who actually died in the 9/11 attack, and you heard RM trying to compare such a thing to nhl hockey, you'd probably be a bit offended.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

dhabums wrote:
Seriously? I'm thinking you may not have lost someone close to you. If you had, you might rethink how this idiots garbage affected those who lost people that day felt.
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Back in the day John Lennon was being crucified for suggesting he was being crucified...
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Per wrote:Back in the day John Lennon was being crucified for suggesting he was being crucified...
Are you comparing Ron MacLean with John Lennon? :shock: Sacrilege! ;)
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

porp wrote:Like in discussing an alternative to AV; if you were CBC brass, who would you promote to his position if you decided to fire MacLean? Jim Hughson? and deprive TV viewers of a great play by play guy?
I'd be happy if HNIC was shut down frankly, far far to political. TSN from my perspective does a far better job or even Sportsnet. I don't know what the CBC feeds their staff but they all seem to develop an arrogant and pompous manner. It's not easy watching or listening. Frankly as a rule I rarely watch HNIC any more. I wish Team 1040 would delay their radio broadcast in a way to parallel the TV
cheers
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Fred wrote: I'd be happy if HNIC was shut down frankly, far far to political. TSN from my perspective does a far better job or even Sportsnet. I don't know what the CBC feeds their staff but they all seem to develop an arrogant and pompous manner. It's not easy watching or listening. Frankly as a rule I rarely watch HNIC any more. I wish Team 1040 would delay their radio broadcast in a way to parallel the TV
I like HNIC's camera work. The regular commentators/colour guys (sorry Irkel) make it difficult to watch a full game. MacLean, Cherry , Stock, Oake....yetch. Image
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Shit-can Ron MacLean and bring in George Stroumbolopoulos (sp??). Guy is one of the most articulate, interesting and best interviewer the CBC has. IMO, once Cherry goes I see no reason for the CBC to keep his pet parrot/gimp.

I'm not sure what MacLean has done in his hockey life, maybe it's being a Level 5 referee (who gives a fuck), but his ego drives me nuts. His shitty segments trying to teach coaching drills are garbage. He tries too hard and it's a pathetic display.

Hey Ron, you're the fucking host, you're supposed to SET UP your panel/interviews, not offer your own personal feelings, criticism and obviously inadequate insight.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Rogers (Sportsnet) is taking a serious look at bidding on the rights to Saturday night hockey when they come up for renewal in two years.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-in ... le2446306/

Expect Sportsnet to be more open to regional interests, and less likely to sign the MacLean/Cherry gong show.... if they get the rights.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

This is just how much of a buffoon MacLean has become.....he is intending this as a compliment and tribute to the emergency responders, he even says it's crazy to compare, but it comes off the other way and sounds like he's saying the players do as much for their respecitve cities.....

CBC is the worst broadcaster in North America, at least where sports and news are concerned, is it any wonder that TSN's viewership numbers keep on climbing?
dbr
CC Legend

Post by dbr »

Mëds wrote:CBC is the worst broadcaster in North America, at least where sports and news are concerned, is it any wonder that TSN's viewership numbers keep on climbing?
Seriously? Fox News?
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

clem wrote:Rogers (Sportsnet) is taking a serious look at bidding on the rights to Saturday night hockey when they come up for renewal in two years.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-in ... le2446306/

Expect Sportsnet to be more open to regional interests, and less likely to sign the MacLean/Cherry gong show.... if they get the rights.

Lets collectively keep our fingers crossed
cheers
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

dbr wrote:
Mëds wrote:CBC is the worst broadcaster in North America, at least where sports and news are concerned, is it any wonder that TSN's viewership numbers keep on climbing?
Seriously? Fox News?
I don't actually watch Fox all that much to be honest. But you're right, from what I've heard, I'd hate to live on the difference.....