I Shop At Winners!

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Arachnid
CC Legend

I Shop At Winners!

Post by Arachnid »

and nothing sells more easily than a successful broke & desperate franchise.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/h ... le2424646/

Good 'ol US of A-holes...gives a new meaning to 'buying a championship' 8-)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
black ace
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: I Shop At Winners!

Post by black ace »

I am more interested in who is backing the bid. Jameson isint a money guy and its not like there a lot banks or funds running around looking to throw money into something like this.

Also very interested to see if the lease deal he signs has an out after 5 years or something. Announcing this also puts all the pressure on the city to get a lease deal done. If they cant get it done then Bettman can say fine we are moving them.

Either way its probably nearing the end of the NHL owning the Coyotes.
2011 BC Sports Central CFL Pool Champion
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

black ace wrote:I am more interested in who is backing the bid. Jameson isint a money guy and its not like there a lot banks or funds running around looking to throw money into something like this.

Also very interested to see if the lease deal he signs has an out after 5 years or something. Announcing this also puts all the pressure on the city to get a lease deal done. If they cant get it done then Bettman can say fine we are moving them.

Either way its probably nearing the end of the NHL owning the Coyotes.
Rim shot? :look:
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Just another longshot bid to sell the team. How can anyone expect the Glendale taxpayers to underwrite that franchise? And even if the City officials cut a deal, the Goldwater folks will raise hell about it. Aint' gonna happen is my bet.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Zedlee wrote:Just another longshot bid to sell the team. How can anyone expect the Glendale taxpayers to underwrite that franchise? And even if the City officials cut a deal, the Goldwater folks will raise hell about it. Aint' gonna happen is my bet.
i'll be fuck'n mighty pissed if a team owned by the nhl wins the stanley cup....
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Dogsalmon »

bettman is a little prick...
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

BBBBButtman......... :evil:
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

The sad reality Bettman is no more than a figurehead for the owners. He might represent every thing wrong with the game but he's no more thna go between. The owners can't get it together and the result is Bettman
cheers