Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby mathonwy » Tue May 08, 2012 3:21 pm

donlever wrote:
..playing some form of your shut down hockey.

Quit yelling at us, go yell at the league, this is the game they are dictating teams play right now.

I would like to petition for an ignore button.

The donkey braying is making threads unreadable.
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby SKYO » Tue May 08, 2012 3:41 pm

donlever wrote:5 teams left in the post season.
4 of them:
coyotes
kings
devils
rangers

..playing some form of your shut down hockey.

Quit yelling at us, go yell at the league, this is the game they are dictating teams play right now.

Shut down hockey is only as good as your goalie for the most part, all these goalies are/could be contenders for the Conn Smythe, as they are playing lights out hockey in these playoffs especially Smith and Quick.

Coyotes - Mike Smith (1.77, .948 in 11 games)
Kings - Jonathan Quick (1.55, .949 in 9 games)
Devils - Martin Brodeur greatest goalie of all time has found his legs again.(1.81, .929 in last 8 games)
Rangers - King Henrik (1.70, .937 in 12 games)

And NHL reffing is like trying to figure out chicks.
Image
The more things change, the more they remain... insane.'
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3227
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Jovocop » Tue May 08, 2012 3:47 pm

SKYO wrote:
donlever wrote:5 teams left in the post season.
4 of them:
coyotes
kings
devils
rangers

..playing some form of your shut down hockey.

Quit yelling at us, go yell at the league, this is the game they are dictating teams play right now.

Shut down hockey is only as good as your goalie for the most part, all these goalies are/could be contenders for the Conn Smythe, as they are playing lights out hockey in these playoffs especially Smith and Quick.

Coyotes - Mike Smith (1.77, .948 in 11 games)
Kings - Jonathan Quick (1.55, .949 in 9 games)
Devils - Martin Brodeur greatest goalie of all time has found his legs again.(1.81, .929 in last 8 games)
Rangers - King Henrik (1.70, .937 in 12 games)


Canucks - Schneider (1.31, .960 in 3 games)

A great goalie is only as good as your defense for the most part. If Edler made just one error less per game, we might be talking about Schneider instead of Quick right now.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby clem » Tue May 08, 2012 3:48 pm

tantalum wrote: It wasn't just Gillis that built a team this year banking on the NHL following through on what they were preaching. And really once it became obvious that the NHl decided to revert back to pre-lockout hockey in the new year some GMs were left to try to address issue they didn't think they were going to have.

Preaching one thing while doing another is a recipe for damaging credibility. Officiating to nullify skill results in boring hockey. Both are good reasons to turn the NHL off & do something else with the spring.

Don't worry, be happy. Spring is here. Fuck the NHL. ♫
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby donlever » Tue May 08, 2012 3:50 pm

SKYO wrote: Shut down hockey is only as good as your goalie for the most part...


....or as good as your team D play, or a combination thereof.

So you are trying to tell me that those 4 teams are offensive juggernauts playing a skill game?

Not.
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1644
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby mathonwy » Tue May 08, 2012 3:52 pm

Jovocop wrote:Canucks - Schneider (1.31, .960 in 3 games)

A great goalie is only as good as your defense for the most part. If Edler made just one error less per game, we might be talking about Schneider instead of Quick right now.

At the risk of derailing this thread, has anyone rewatched game 5 at all?

As good as Schneider was during the series, the OT goal in game 5 was (in my most humble opinion) a saveable goal.

Does anyone think Schneid whiffed a little bit on it?
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Aaronp18 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:53 pm

Fortunately when they say six months that usually means back to full health and the muscle is a strong as it was before.

Even better is that after the initial healing Kesler can build up the muscles in the rest of his body until the shoulder is strong enough to take exercise. This means he can strengthen his core, which was clearly an issue this year due to last years surgery, plus maintain his lower body strength.

Six months doesn't mean he can't start exercising for six months, it means he'll be ready to go in six months.
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1743
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby clem » Tue May 08, 2012 3:58 pm

mathonwy wrote: As good as Schneider was during the series, the OT goal in game 5 was (in my most humble opinion) a saveable goal.

Does anyone think Schneid whiffed a little bit on it?

Schneider is sheltered by the scrutiny that Luongo gets. A honeymoon by distraction.

Once the Luongo haters need a new target, life will get more complicated for Schneider (assuming Luongo is the one to go).
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Jovocop » Tue May 08, 2012 3:59 pm

mathonwy wrote:
Jovocop wrote:Canucks - Schneider (1.31, .960 in 3 games)

A great goalie is only as good as your defense for the most part. If Edler made just one error less per game, we might be talking about Schneider instead of Quick right now.

At the risk of derailing this thread, has anyone rewatched game 5 at all?

As good as Schneider was during the series, the OT goal in game 5 was (in my most humble opinion) a saveable goal.

Does anyone think Schneid whiffed a little bit on it?


It was a two-on-one and a pretty good shot that beat Schneider. Could Schneider make the save? Probably. However, Schneider was not the last reason why the Canucks lost...
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1692
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby SKYO » Tue May 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Jovocop wrote:A great goalie is only as good as your defense for the most part. If Edler made just one error less per game, we might be talking about Schneider instead of Quick right now.

donlever wrote:....or as good as your team D play, or a combination thereof.
So you are trying to tell me that those 4 teams are offensive juggernauts playing a skill game?
Not.


Yes our defense was pretty horrible as well, which is why I hope MG addresses this problem with trading Luongo for a top2 dman.

Another thing these teams have that are left in the playoffs are timely goals by clutch players, which is another problem our team had when Danny boy was injured, so getting a top 6 scorer and fixing the 3rd line will hopefully help with this lack of scoring problem.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3227
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby $lacker » Tue May 08, 2012 4:24 pm

It's a big offseason for Gillis, I think everyone sees clearly what this team lacks. He needs to make good on the Luongo trade by getting younger and grittier and make one big splash in the UFA. Depth signings/trades always seem to be the bane of existence for this franchise, but 1 or 2 good depth players for the 3rd line is also a must, getting rid of a guy like Mason Raymond. Easier said than done.
User avatar
$lacker
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 5:33 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby mathonwy » Tue May 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Jovocop wrote:
It was a two-on-one and a pretty good shot that beat Schneider. Could Schneider make the save? Probably. However, Schneider was not the last reason why the Canucks lost...

Never said it was. Buuuuuut... nobody has ever brought it up and it's the first time that I have seen Schneid not-be-spectacular-in-a-big-game-situation.

Carry on. :)
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Topper » Tue May 08, 2012 4:32 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:If everyone starts building teams in the LA mold, we will have more injuries not less.

Last year it was the Bruin mould, a few years ago the Duck mould and before that Philly, Montreal..............

Truth of the matter is, big fast skilled teams win.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4616
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby mathonwy » Tue May 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Topper wrote:Truth of the matter is, big fast skilled teams win.


The real truth of the matter is, in all of its 42 years in existence, the Vancouver Canuck organization has never figured it out how to do it, ever.

This current Canuck line up iteration is the closest we've ever had but nobody drinks champagne out of the Presidensts Trophy.

Now with Kesler essentially playing the entire last season sans summer training due to hip surgery, there is a possibility of him mailing this coming season in as well recovering from shoulder surgery.

We need a centerman this summer. I hear Kyle Wellwood is available. :D
User avatar
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1957
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:53 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Potatoe1 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:43 pm

Topper wrote:
Potatoe1 wrote:If everyone starts building teams in the LA mold, we will have more injuries not less.

Last year it was the Bruin mould, a few years ago the Duck mould and before that Philly, Montreal..............

Truth of the matter is, big fast skilled teams win.


You think LA fit's the "fast" description?

They are one of the weaker, if not the weakest, skating teams in the conference.

That to me is the difference.

Big and fast is always good, big and slow has been bad since the lock out, but now with all the hooking and holding, it isnt so much of a problem.

My point to Tant was that if teams start moving from speed and skill to size then injuries likely wont drop at all.
Last edited by Potatoe1 on Tue May 08, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Boston Canucker and 2 guests