Canuckscorner needs THINKER

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuckscorner needs THINKER

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dodo was Dado, the miserable , negative knowitall asshole that used to get cuffed around a fair bit at the other cc till he scurried over to hf boards like a few others.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Dodo was Dado, the miserable , negative knowitall asshole that used to get cuffed around a fair bit at the other cc till he scurried over to hf boards like a few others.
Yeah, he was the head of that pro-Balsillie crew (there were 3 or 4).

I used em to wash Central's floors with. :lol:

And Pauser got caught plagiarizing (just before Irwin bit the big one)

(or did the big one bite him?) :hmmm:

Anyway they all left in disgrace, that's the important thing to remember.

Guys like THINKER and SR left with their heads held high and I'd like to see them come back.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I've never understood the popularity with hf boards. The mods are fucking nazis, and the board gets shitted up with people who feel the need to hammer the boards with as much content as they can. People like wetty and Klitt I guess are the targets of boards like that.

I like the fact that you can surf and post from team to team but it aint no rivals...... those people let us eat each other. :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I don't like hf boards either. Posterbalism can be fun If not to do..to watch...lol
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: I liked the time a few years back when he decided to drop the....

"Ummm EXCUSE ME you didn't THINK about it did you... did you... DID YOU??"
LOL, I think he's still pissed that all his thousands of links of posts that were categorically saved in a excel sheet are now useless since the old central went down.
Strangelove wrote:THINKER - married himself and died of a heart attack on his honeymoon.
haha
Blob Mckenzie wrote:I've never understood the popularity with hf boards. The mods are fucking nazis.
Yeah hfboards is modded to the extreme, can't say nothing over there without offending someone and getting infracted.
Last edited by SKYO on Fri May 04, 2012 1:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I guarantee you THINKER is spreading his plague on some other Canuck Board under a different guise. The guy can't stay quiet.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I've never understood the popularity with hf boards. The mods are fucking nazis.
Yeah hfboards is modded to the extreme, can't say nothing over there without offending someone and getting infracted.
I've been signed up there from the begining (12 years??). Yes some of the mods are nazis (especially "global mods"). However I've only had one infraction ever, and they reversed it upon review (probably because I know how to approach the line, carress the line, BANG THE LINE VIOLENTLY UP THE POOPCHUTE, but never cross the line). What I hate is how some HF mods will just DELETE posts for no reason... and with no explanation. I.E. some guy loses a debate badly and then complains about the post(s) that destroyed his position (claiming to be offended) and.... DELETE.

Frustating.

Also there are SO MANY crappy young posters who never STFU. Sure there are some good ones, but it's pretty hard sifting through all that crapola. I do like to go there to gather intel on players from the few solid posters on the various team boards (using the 'search' function). I also like to see some of the league-wide-fan reaction to controversial happenings.

For the first coupla years I loved to duke it out with hardcore Leafers, but then it became all nazified.

So I've only put up maybe 500 posts there in the last 10 years.

This is probably a good time to mention I really like it here at the Corner. The IQ/hockey-knowledge levels are high and the mods are quick & fair, going by the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law.
____
Try to focus on someday.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Strangelove wrote:
This is probably a good time to mention I really like it here at the Corner. The IQ/hockey-knowledge levels are high and the mods are quick & fair, going by the spirit of the law rather than the letter of the law.

:P
DeLevering since 1999.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

donlever wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Oh shit, there goes my asshole image. :blush:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Leves, remember when you & I were mods back at Central and we agreed to play "good cop, bad cop" for a month??

Sorry for screwing that up buds, I thought you said "BAD cop, bad cop".

My bad....
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

You were actually a mod SL? :wow:
:D
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Strangelove wrote:
donlever wrote:
Strangelove wrote:

Oh shit, there goes my asshole image. :blush:
I think you are safe Doc.... ;)
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Just like topper don't mess with ya SL.

unless your name is per.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

SKYO wrote:Just like topper don't mess with ya SL.

unless your name is per.
And yet I can mess with anybody....funny ain tit :twisted:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: You were actually a mod SL? :wow:
:D
You best be believin it young whippersnapper. Yup, back in the day when the west was young and untamed... when danger lurked in every thread... when a man's courage was all that stood between him and the great beyond.... when herds of trolls roamed the wild frontier.... when bloodthirsty savages would gut a man for his boots...

There were only two kinds of posters in those days young Skyo: the quick and the dead.

Now the powers that be, they knew they needed a few good men to blaze the way for law & order. For civilization. Real men. Men of character. Men of conviction . Men of courage. Men who could dispatch a man and go back to eating their breakfast. Men who could stare down the Devil himself and not flinch an inch.

So they bit the bullet and handed out three silver stars. One to Donlever. One to Potatoe. One to Strangelove.

And here we are today. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.