Eye Reedz (book thread)

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Re: Eye Reedz (book thread)

Postby Arachnid » Thu May 03, 2012 10:21 am

Picked up this interesting book...The End of Money and the Future of Civilization -Thomas Greco
Fascinating history of currency and where it is headed. Should be done by the end of the weekend if the weather holds up. :drink:

http://www.amazon.com/The-End-Money-Fut ... 1603580786
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend

Postby RoyalDude » Thu May 03, 2012 10:37 pm

I just read that they are filming a movie in Vancouver that was adapted from a book I recently recommend here called a A Single Shot - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1540741/
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
RoyalDude
CC Legend

Postby rats19 » Fri May 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Dude I enjoyed the gargoyle....
You are who you hang with.....
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Eye Reedz

Postby KeyserSoze » Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:00 pm

Southern_Canuck wrote:Other older favourites:
"Into Thin Air" Jon Krakauer's account of the tragic climb up Everest in 1996. Read "The Climb" by Boukreev which provides some rebuttal.

I recently read Into Thin Air and really enjoyed it (even though I was reading it in the middle of summer ;) ). I'll be interested to read another take on those 1996 summits in The Climb as well.
KeyserSoze
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Postby Hoss » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:13 pm

Under the Banner of Heaven is also indispensable Krakauer. Particularly since we have a Mormon up for election in this country. Its amazing what millions of dollars in PR money will do to legitimize your cult.
Hoss
CC Rookie

Previous

Return to Creeper's Bar & Grill