Hossa Hit

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Hossa Hit

Post by clem »

In the Shanahan era, a non-star causing someone to be carted off the ice gets suspended.
That’s a standard. 8-)

If the other guy can get off the ice on his own power, then maybe a slap on the wrist or short suspension.

If you’re a star however, all bets are off. Run amuck, slash, maim, crush & attempt to injure. Just don’t admit it.
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

donlever wrote:They can carry on doing whatever the fuck they want in that office regardless, I'm far past caring anymore (although some may argue commenting on a goddamn hockey talk message board insinuates regard), for what that is worth (nothing of course).....
Lever, funny how I feel very similar.

Stephane Auger, (Ron MacLean), Colin Campbell, Mike Murphy --- blatant corruption with little to no resolution.

The game I grew to love as a child is no more.

The league is on a steep downhill slide and they are going to lose many of their diehard fans. As the corruption continues, and they become even less relevant than the gangster NBA, I wonder if I'll still be interested enough to notice.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Thought I'd add this here....

100 more former NFL players add their names to the class action suit against the NFL about what the lawsuit claims as the NFL hiding the dangers of concussions from them and not doing enough to protect players. That makes the list over 1600 former players long.

It will honestly take some sort of major class action suit against the NHL to truly clean up the game and not just send a severe suspension or two towards lower level players.

Edit: Torres is appealing the suspension length on the basis it is not consistent with previous suspensions. He is not appealing the suspension itself. Fact is the NHL will argue it was teh repeat offender and injury thing that made the suspension as harsh as it was because those are nicely all shades of gray in interpretation. However, as much I support the harsh suspension Torres does have a point. This is likely the PA trying to force the NHL into a black and white system or at least a system that has much less gray. Remember that in the CBA the players sign off on allowing the NHL to levy discipline so the suspension system the league uses is a CBA concern.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

tantalum wrote: Edit: Torres is appealing the suspension length on the basis it is not consistent with previous suspensions. He is not appealing the suspension itself. Fact is the NHL will argue it was teh repeat offender and injury thing that made the suspension as harsh as it was because those are nicely all shades of gray in interpretation. However, as much I support the harsh suspension Torres does have a point. This is likely the PA trying to force the NHL into a black and white system or at least a system that has much less gray. Remember that in the CBA the players sign off on allowing the NHL to levy discipline so the suspension system the league uses is a CBA concern.
As it should be. There is NO reason that a "star" player should get better treatment than a "depth" guy.

Keith vs Torres: I'd like to see how the league can argue a "cleaner" (re: hockey check) hit is worth 20 more games, even if the guy is a repeat offender.

Weber vs Hagelin: throw an elbow at a star player = 3 games. Mash a star player face-first into the boards = $2,500.

The consistency should be on trial, good for Torres. He got 10 games too many, imo.