Gillis a Moron for his Comments on Hodgson?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Gillis a Moron for his Comments on Hodgson?

Post by FAN »

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainme ... story.html

Gary Roberts
For me, I'd like to be the guy that looks at Mike Gillis and says, 'You're a moron.'
Not surprised Gillis' comments about Hodgson have become bigger news. A bit surprised this came from Roberts.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Gillis a Moron for his Comments on Hodgson?

Post by vic »

My guess is Cody went running to Gary and said "can you believe what they said about me? What are you going to do about it?"

Now Gary Roberts has to be the media guy answering questions. I wonder how long until he tells Cody to find another trainer.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

I still don't understand why people are all upset and calling Gillis unprofessional etc etc etc. You (meaning the media some fans) have hounded the guy for 2 months on why he made the trade and he hasn't said anything other than "balancing the team/organization". Still they hound hound hound and hound some more. THey get an answer that is quite honestly vague as to whether he is talking about Hodgson or the Hodgson camp or both in that he had to spend too much time dealing with Hodgson issues and now they get mad at him for answering the damn question!

THe fact of the matter is it was Hodgson's AGENT that said Hodgson was looking for more icetime (i.e. not happy with his role and icetime) and alluded to all the time they spent dealing with the canucks through blogs and tweets.

Hodgson can think he's taking the high road by "not saying anything" (except through his mouthpiece agent and Roberts of course) but the fact of the matter is he felt he had little to learn in his rookie season playing behind an Art Ross winner and Selke winner. He wanted more icetime and was taking up the organizations time with such requests. HE WAS A DISTRACTION. Maybe not a big one but a distraction nonetheless. It may have not been a trade request (or there may have been one as early as last summer depending on what source you want to believe), but that was coming.

Cody, son, I know you are a young man excited to start your career and make an impact in the NHL but you didn't take the high road in this. Far from it. Don't get pissy when you are called out for your behaviour. Which wasn't really being called out but more confirmation of what YOUR camp had already said.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Why is this even a thread .....Fucking Bountiful Jr here ???

Roberts is an employee of Cody. He likely gets paid 50 k to put that garden gnome legged, round headed, Liev Schreiber lookalike through the paces for 6 weeks in the summer. Of course he will lick the sweat off his balls when needed.

Roberts is a loser.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Why is this even a thread .....Fucking Bountiful Jr here ???

Roberts is an employee of Cody. He likely gets paid 50 k to put that garden gnome legged, round headed, Liev Schreiber lookalike through the paces for 6 weeks in the summer. Of course he will lick the sweat off his balls when needed.

Roberts is a loser.

True. I wonder how good Roberts will be at improving Hodgson's first few steps because without a drastic improvement in that regard he is going to struggle on the defensive side of things. You know a couple of players who had skating issues and drastically imrpoved on there own program and might have been able to provide Cody with sound advice? Daniel and Henrik.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Who gives a shit what Roberts says, he's a douch bag to begin with
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Southern_Canuck
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Southern_Canuck »

Hmmmm... Roberts assuming that we view him as what? A pillar of virtue and sportsmanship?

Here is where he targets Franzen's head after Franzen had just returned from missing 6 games with a concussion:

This is a guy who should definitely know who is a moron or not.

S_C
It's a great day for hockey!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Thought this might be a good place to say Roberts deserved every single crosscheck to the neck in '94. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote:Thought this might be a good place to say Roberts deserved every single crosscheck to the neck in '94. :thumbs:
Fuckin eh.... I hope Murzyn and Diduck helped do a number on that pencil neck .

Roberts was a good player..... a tough player sort of , but he was a spot picking piece of shit just like his homeslice Shayne Corson. People want accuse Kevin Bieksa of being a spotpicker , well growing up in Southern Ontario he learned from two of the best in their "heyday" with the leaves.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
ODB
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ODB »

Southern_Canuck wrote:Hmmmm... Roberts assuming that we view him as what? A pillar of virtue and sportsmanship?

Here is where he targets Franzen's head after Franzen had just returned from missing 6 games with a concussion:

This is a guy who should definitely know who is a moron or not.

S_C
Fuckin Dive! :evil:

Roberts, I respect what we went through and the work involved in coming back!

CoHo vs Kassian, time will tell, what's the point in debating it?
BTW, NOT A FLAME ... JUST AN OBSERVATION ... :P
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

Old Roberts probably thought his voice was the only voice of reason in this battle; while he may seem to be the 3rd party in this and an "outsider" on this let's not forget he got Hodgson's money in his pocket right now.
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

There are two sides to every story. To deny that the injury that CoHo suffered was not the beginning of the end for him as a Canuck is misguided. Who can forget AV suggesting he was a baby and prima donna making excuses for not being good enough? I think that CoHo's camp never forgot that and never trusted the Canucks after that. For the Canucks part it is hard to say why they couldn't get over that but they never seemed able to.

I believe that Mr. CoHo was a pain in the ass, I believe CoHo whined about ice time and wanted more, I believe he was high maintenance, but how much of that is due to the shaky start he got off too and how much of it was due to both parties being able to get past that?

I think the truth is he needed out and needed a fresh start. We all know he was never going to get the chance he needed/deserved/wanted with AV. He wasn't going to be the player for us that we wanted him to be for all the reasons we have rehashed.

What Roberts doesn't say is that at no time did anyone on the Canucks accuse Cody of not working hard. His work ethic and desire to win were never questioned. His competitiveness was never questioned. And Gary, who the f**k cares what you think. And Cody, go ahead and take the high road but that is synonymous with knowing MG is right and you don't have the guts to admit you wanted out.
The only HW the Canucks need
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Maybe Roberts neck problem resulted in some brain trauma. MG speech was aimed right at the people who caused the problem Rich Winters and Hodgson Senior. I might well be wrong but CoHo's first agent was Don Meehan and when he wouldn't do the Hodgson households dirty work they shifted to Winters, an asshole of the first water. Cody wanted chnage and chose to appoint Winters to do his dirty work. If you keep playing with the Bull at some time you're going to get the horn and that's what happened, it was your choice Cody so don't cry in your milk ( or get Roberts to do it for you ) I think CoHo sees himself as being Teflon man. You best get Mr Roberts rather than making speeches on your behalf work on your skating :lol:
cheers
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

The truth is probably somewhere in between.

My assumption is that the Coho camp felt like the Canucks threw Coho under bus with their mishandling of the whole back issue and the relationship has never been the same since. There needs to be trust on both sides of the relationship and there was none of that.

So fast forward to this current season, I'm thinking there was a difference in ice time philosophy between the two camps. But instead of keeping quiet this time around, the Coho camp decides to get on management's ass about it. Whether Coho actually deserved that ice time is not the point. I'm guessing that Coho camp wanted X and the Canucks said back off and we know what we're doing (as opposed to talking about it rationally).

And.. Coho gets traded because GMMG doesn't want another con call with Ritch Winter and Chris Hodgson to talk about ice time again.

Just a guess about the dynamic between the two parties.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

I wonder if the constant talks with the management has gotten CoHo to go through several agents in the past. Perhaps none of the agents would oblige or fail to talk to the management effectively?
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters