BroadStreet Bullys

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Wildfaery
CC Veteran

BroadStreet Bullys

Post by Wildfaery »

holy shist Philly"s gonna win the Cup...
Namaste,WF

rightonblobbie,yeah?
Namaste WF
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: BroadStreet Bullys

Post by Strangelove »

Credit Clarkie.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:Credit Clarke.

LOL Yes, he had the sense to get out because he knew he didn't know how to manage in the "new" NHL.

Imagine how good the Flyers would be with a healthy Pronger, although their cap would take a big hit so they would lose some pieces, and if they had a top 5 goalie, like Luongo? So if Pronger comes back and we trade them Luongo they will have to dump a ton of salary and who better to help them with that than us?
The only HW the Canucks need
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Credit Clarke.
LOL Yes, he had the sense to get out because he knew he didn't know how to manage in the "new" NHL.
No no, he's still with the organization, doing alotta Billy-Beane-type one-on-ones.

Maybe. :look:

Well... anyway.... we just don't know how much Clarkie's influence has to do with this year's success!

(but I've got a hunch) :thumbs:
Hockey Widow wrote: Imagine how good the Flyers would be with a healthy Pronger, although their cap would take a big hit so they would lose some pieces, and if they had a top 5 goalie, like Luongo? So if Pronger comes back and we trade them Luongo they will have to dump a ton of salary and who better to help them with that than us?
Yeah and then good luck to them unloading Bryzgalov and his massive contract. :hmmm:

Lou is PROVEN good value for his big contract.

Bryz?

Ummmmmm no.

Another example, talked about a lot around here is Nash: monster contract, good value.

Guess wot I'm getting at is: Lou will bring back a fair amount more than most folks are suggesting imesho.

Bryzgalov is proof of how valuable even a perceived top goaltender is to those teams without.

Someone will pay an arm + leg for Lou/Schneids...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

gotta agree Stranglegrove...,either one of those tendesr SHOULD bring a great return... and as your credit to Clarkie...yep..that is right on! it's a mind-set look at how they handled Cindy...no respect...the punk hasn't earned it!!! let him be the next coming of a captain...the next Stevie Y...then...we'll chat.
Namaste,WFbelievesthatYzermanistheepitomyofaC.
Namaste WF
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Wildfaery wrote:gotta agree Stranglegrove...,either one of those tendesr SHOULD bring a great return... and as your credit to Clarkie...yep..that is right on! it's a mind-set look at how they handled Cindy...no respect...the punk hasn't earned it!!! let him be the next coming of a captain...the next Stevie Y...then...we'll chat.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote:
Wildfaery wrote:gotta agree Stranglegrove...,either one of those tendesr SHOULD bring a great return... and as your credit to Clarkie...yep..that is right on! it's a mind-set look at how they handled Cindy...no respect...the punk hasn't earned it!!! let him be the next coming of a captain...the next Stevie Y...then...we'll chat.

OMG ROFL. That was great!!
The only HW the Canucks need
Wildfaery
CC Veteran

Post by Wildfaery »

Strangelove wrote:
oh yeah, SL knew you'd understand my distain of Cindy...thanx for the Cindy & Clarkie "chat".
Namaste,WFcindyhasn'tenoughclasstolaceemupwithClarkeletaloneYzerman(thelongestservingCaptaininanyNorthAmericansport)
Namaste WF
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Wildfaery wrote:
rightonblobbie,yeah?
Blobbie likes the Flyers ...........a lot.

Love the moves Holmgren made in the summer to set that team for a decade of success.

I wonder if Ryan Kesler could fetch the leaves first pick and a young buck off their team like say Gardiner.

Flip Luongo for a young 2nd line centre and we're good to go.

Holgren bent over the Kings and the Jackets on the same day.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

That was great Doc.

Flyers are going to win the cup.They're the only team out of the remaining 8 worth watching.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

I've hated the Flyers for pretty much forever... until now. They skate and they generate offense. Since they are pretty much the only team left in the playoffs that's actually willing to attack, I'll set aside previous hate in hopes that an offensive team wins the Cup. The NHL being the copy-cat league that it is, I don't want to see a trap-and-a-goalie team win the Cup and subsequently send us even further down the road of obstruction and boredom.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Oops... you guys are way ahead of me.

Yeah. The only way Philly won't win the SC is Bryzgalov.

At least Luo's waits until the SC finals to let the floodgates open.

Bryzgalov is the worst highest paid goalie in the NHL. I'd rather have Niemi's 3.8M salary stinking it up in net as opposed to Bryz's 5.67M salary.