Round 2 Predictions:

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Round 2 Predictions:

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Round 2 Predictions:

-LA defeats St. Louis
-Nashville defeats Phoenix
-Washington defeats New York
-Philadelphia defeats New Jersey.

WHAT SAY YOU?

p.s.__________In the first round, I went 4 for 8. 1 for 4 in the West (got Nashville right), 3 for 4 in the East (got NYR, Washington, and NJ right).
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Round 2 Predictions:

Post by dhabums »

LA is done in 5.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

St. Louis over LA
Phoenix over Nashville (probably won't happen, but I have to go with my 2nd favorite team)
Philly over the Devils
Washington over NYR (again, probably won't happen, but I hate the Rangers)
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

St.Louis in 7
Nashville in 5
Philly in 6
Washington in 6
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

St. Louis in 5
Nashville in 6
Flyers in 4
NYR in 6, Holtby melts down putting Washington in the Luongo sweeps.
The only HW the Canucks need
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

St. Louis in 5
Nashville in 6
Flyers in 7 (my only differeing opinion from HW)
NYR in 6
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Boston Canucker »

In the east I predict Flyers and Wash win.

In the West I predict zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Nashville and zzzzzzzzzzzz St. Louis, followed by more zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We should all get ready for a cup parade in Tennessee...
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Boston Canucker wrote:In the east I predict Flyers and Wash win.

In the West I predict zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Nashville and zzzzzzzzzzzz St. Louis, followed by more zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

We should all get ready for a cup parade in Tennessee...
Yep.

A rematch of this years winter classic is the best hope we have of a great, entertaining series. Too bad that couldn't be the finals.
2011..... the one that got away.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Phoenix in 6. Nashville is going to face a goaltender as hot as their own and a team that sticks to its system with the same discipline as the Preds do for Trotz. This is a battle of two balanced teams with Nashville having a slight edge on defense and Phoenix on offense.

St. Louis in 6. They play a more wide open game in the offensive zone than the Canucks do, the side-to-side movement and the attack at the net, plus some better shooters, will be too much for the Kings. Plus Hitch is a much more savvy coach than Vigneault and will make adjustments as necessary.

Philly in 5. Bryzgalov only needs to play above average in the crease for the Flyers to take this. The Devils barely got by Florida, and Philly is faster, more aggressive, and has more scoring threats.

New York in 7. It's a battle of the invisible bluelines, Holtby and Ludqvist are going to battle this one out, but the Rangers have quicker, smarter, and faster, players than the Bruins do. Ultimately Washington is just outmatched in this one.
okcanuck
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by okcanuck »

Phoenix in 5
St Louis in 6
Wash. in 7
Philly in 7
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Late to post but copying predictions I sent to my friend (though maybe I should rethink that "Preds in 6" prediction!).

I was a whopping 2/8 in the first round. Damn Devils and Rangers prevented me from going 0/8!

STL in 6

STL/LA is definitely a tough one considering they play such a similar style. I'll go with St. Louis in 6 though because I don't think that Carter/Richards line will come through. Richards perhaps, but Carter looked disinterested in the Canucks series after his one brilliant setup for the winner in game 1. Could be the foot injury or simply a lack of resolve for this type of hockey.

Nas in 6

Nas/Phx - A whole lot of me! I'll take NSH in 6 as well. They clearly have the best depth of the teams still standing.

NYR in 6

NYR/WAS - I actually think this is a tough call. Lundqvist may have won that series for them but I think it revealed that it's only a matter of time before the other shoe drops. The Rangers simply need to work too hard to score goals. It's too bad the Pens are done because I think they'd drop the Rangers in 5. Thing is I don't know who's really good enough in the East to take them down. I would say Philly but 'ole Bryz is a glaring weakness.

I half expect Holtby to unravel. I'll take NYR in 6 but I kind of having a creeping suspicion that the Capitals will take them out.

Philly in 4

Philly/NJ - Agree 100%. Not sure a Brodeur in his prime could stop the onslaught with the team he has stuck in front of him right now. You'd think the Devils would be a lot stronger but they're simply a team that looks like a shadow of their former selves. I'l take Philly in 4. Hey, there has to be at least 1 sweep these playoffs!