Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Zamboni Driver » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:23 am

There are reports today that Kesler has a nagging shoulder injury - it would make sense as to his late season/-playoff slump...

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Canuc ... story.html

I've heard quite a few folks jumping on the "dump Kesler" theme, but I for one would like to see the Amex line all healthy and with a proper training camp.
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Jovocop » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:31 am

Zamboni Driver wrote:There are reports today that Kesler has a nagging shoulder injury - it would make sense as to his late season/-playoff slump...

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/Canuc ... story.html

I've heard quite a few folks jumping on the "dump Kesler" theme, but I for one would like to see the Amex line all healthy and with a proper training camp.


The more important question is whether Kesler will be the same (one who put up 70+ pts and won the Selke trophy) after all these surgeries. I certainly hope so.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Potatoe1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:06 pm

Jovocop wrote:
The more important question is whether Kesler will be the same (one who put up 70+ pts and won the Selke trophy) after all these surgeries. I certainly hope so.



To be honest, I don't think the 40 goal 70+ standard is a reasonable one for Kesler.

It's hard as hell to post numbers like that from a second line spot while playing with second line caliber forwards. Kesler got a bump last year from playing on the first unit power play and having an incredibly good start.

I see him more as a 30-30 guy then the 40-35 he posted last season.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Benjo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:23 pm

Is it October yet?
Benjo
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 647
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:39 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby donlever » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:25 pm

Benjo wrote:Is it October yet?


No but I have a feeling that this summer is going to be almost as much fun as last....
A different goddamn hockey talk messageboard!
User avatar
donlever
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1633
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:07 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Zamboni Driver » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:26 pm

Potatoe1 wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
The more important question is whether Kesler will be the same (one who put up 70+ pts and won the Selke trophy) after all these surgeries. I certainly hope so.



To be honest, I don't think the 40 goal 70+ standard is a reasonable one for Kesler.

It's hard as hell to post numbers like that from a second line spot while playing with second line caliber forwards. Kesler got a bump last year from playing on the first unit power play and having an incredibly good start.

I see him more as a 30-30 guy then the 40-35 he posted last season.


I agree, 30 - 35 goals and 70 - 75 points wouldbe more reasonable
User avatar
Zamboni Driver
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 432
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:24 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Aaronp18 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:29 pm

Kesler is going to have a busy summer if there's another surgery.

First and foremost he needs to be on the phone with Parise talking about the Team America direction the Canucks are taking.

Especially after Malone comes over via the Luo deal :wink:
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Eddy Punch Clock » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:34 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:First and foremost he needs to be on the phone with Parise talking about the Team America direction the Canucks are taking.


Fuck Yeah!!!
2011..... the one that got away.
User avatar
Eddy Punch Clock
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 951
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:35 am
Location: The Wack

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Potatoe1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:39 pm

Zamboni Driver wrote:
I agree, 30 - 35 goals and 70 - 75 points wouldbe more reasonable


Again, I'm not sure the 70-75 point thing is realistic on a year in year out basis.

Look at the guys who post those types of numbers consistently, most are legit all stars getting first line ice with other top players.

Getting 60+ with second line ice and second line players is probably more difficult then getting 70+ on the first line.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Fred » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:Kesler is going to have a busy summer if there's another surgery.

First and foremost he needs to be on the phone with Parise talking about the Team America direction the Canucks are taking.

Especially after Malone comes over via the Luo deal :wink:


I think Gillis said we need to get younger and bigger....Malone is 32 making $4.5 until 2015. Think Teddy Purcell bro or Brett Connolly
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Potatoe1 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:08 pm

Fred wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:Kesler is going to have a busy summer if there's another surgery.

First and foremost he needs to be on the phone with Parise talking about the Team America direction the Canucks are taking.

Especially after Malone comes over via the Luo deal :wink:


I think Gillis said we need to get younger and bigger....Malone is 32 making $4.5 until 2015. Think Teddy Purcell bro or Brett Connolly


Connolly should be the target in any deal with Tampa.

Big, young, fast, and gifted offensively, gifted.

Tampa has 2 first round picks and several other good offensive prospects, they could afford to give up Connolly IMO.
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1613
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby SKYO » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:17 pm

Yeah I think it was a given RK was battling some kind of nagging injury,
the long offseason is a blessing in disguise for this banged up team,
and MG has a lot more time to make the proper transactions, the sooner the better!


Aaronp18 wrote:Kesler is going to have a busy summer if there's another surgery.

First and foremost he needs to be on the phone with Parise talking about the Team America direction the Canucks are taking.

Especially after Malone comes over via the Luo deal :wink:


lol

Image
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Aaronp18 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:16 pm

Fred wrote:
I think Gillis said we need to get younger and bigger....Malone is 32 making $4.5 until 2015. Think Teddy Purcell bro or Brett Connolly



Didn't say Malone would be the only guy coming back from Tampa. He just happens to be American as well.

But they will likely want to dump some salary if taking on Luo +.

Say,
Luo, Burrows

FOR:
Malone, Connolly, Tampa's 1st
User avatar
Aaronp18
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1736
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby SKYO » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:09 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:But they will likely want to dump some salary if taking on Luo +.

Say,
Luo, Burrows

FOR:
Malone, Connolly, Tampa's 1st


Probably can get Malone, Connolly, 2nd just for Luongo + prospect or Ray I bet, that way they keep their forward core guns and their precious Hedman.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Kesler shoulder injury? Maybe more surgury?

Postby Jovocop » Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:32 pm

SKYO wrote:
Aaronp18 wrote:But they will likely want to dump some salary if taking on Luo +.

Say,
Luo, Burrows

FOR:
Malone, Connolly, Tampa's 1st


Probably can get Malone, Connolly, 2nd just for Luongo + prospect or Ray I bet, that way they keep their forward core guns and their precious Hedman.


I proposed a trade few days ago about trading Luongo + Edler to Tampa for Malone + Hedman. I believe that it is a pretty fair trade and fits both teams' needs. Although Malone is not young, he has the cup experiences and grits that the Canucks need.
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Next

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], qubikal and 2 guests