Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thoughts

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thoughts

Postby Farhan Lalji » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:29 pm

Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thoughts

First off, I just want to take this time and extend my congratulations to the LA Kings, and LA King fans that may be reading this site. Unlike the past three years against Chicago and Boston, I bear absolutely no ill will or ill feelings towards the opposition, the referees, or anyone in particular. The Kings outplayed the Canucks in this series and I have absolutely no complaints whatsoever.

Roberto Luongo Appreciation:

I don't know if Roberto Luongo has played his last game as a Canuck or not but if he has.........I just want to thank Roberto for the 6 seasons that he played for us. Fans may have been rough on the guy (some of it deserved, some of it undeserved), but despite the fact that the Chicago series from the 2008/09 series mentally damaged him a little, the fact of the matter is that Luongo is the greatest goalie that the Canucks have ever had. Vezina candidate, Jennings trophy winner, Olympic gold medal winner, and a Game 7 trip to the Stanley Cup (posting 2 shut outs in the finals). Regardless of what is in store for Luongo's future, I also wish him nothing but the best........and sincerely do hope that he puts his playoff mental demons to rest one day by winning a cup.

What I think the Canucks need to become Stanley Cup Champions:

In one word, scoring....when it matters most. We need another top 6 player, and moving one of Luongo or Schneider this summer hopefully gets us that piece. After watching Detroit, Pitsburgh, and San Jose get bounced, combined with the fact that Boston and NYR are sitting at 3 losses in their respective series', I will admit that my attitude isn't nearly as negative towards the Canucks as it was a week ago when I was angrily (and stupidly) suggesting that we blow up this team (I was pissed and emotional at the time, but I'm feeling slightly more levelheaded tonight I guess).

Having said that - I think the Canucks need another elite top 6 player to play alongside Kesler (giving the Canucks the option to use this newly created co #1 line to take pressure off of the twins as opposing top elite shut down pairings will have to be used against one of the two lines). My heart, mind, and penis says that we should attempt to get Rick Nash, but maybe I've been playing too much NHL 12'.

Luongo or Schneider:

I love Schneider and he reminded me a lot of the Roberto Luongo we saw during the 2006/07 season. In the summer, it's pretty obvious that one of these two players will get traded. I would prefer to keep Schneider, as I think we all would, but I can't help but wonder as to what kind of return we'd get out of Schneider as opposed to Luongo. If there's a significant difference (i.e. Schneider would fetch us WAY more?), then do we consider keeping Luongo instead? To be honest - I think it might be better to keep Schneider regardless. I don't know....

Who will I be cheering for now that the Canucks are out?

I probably won't be watching too much hockey, but I'll be cheering on the Phoenix Coyotes. I have much man love for Shane Doan (no homo), since he reminds me so much of Trevor Linden. He's probably to Phoenix what Linden was to Vancouver all these years. Doan's an honest hard working dude and a great leader, and I would be pretty happy to see him hoist the cup. Sticking with Phoenix all these years through thick and thin deserves some reward. I'll be happy for Phoenix and Ottawa.

Farhan's advice to the young'uns...........or whoever:

Have to say one more thing: Rise above the hate........as WWE Wrestler John Cena says.

But seriously - there will come a day when the Canucks will struggle and perhaps a team from Alberta will be in a similar position to where we were last year.

My advice? Don't be a hater. Instead of resenting another team or another city's success, just focus on YOU.......and YOUR city......and how YOU can be better. If there is ONE thing that I hope separates us great fans on here, Canuckscorner, from many fans of the Flames, Oilers, and Leafs, it is that. Rise above the hate and the bullshit.

Final words to Canuckscorner?:

I don't know what my future holds as a poster (I'll pull a Teemu Selanne here and re-assess my feelings over the course of the summer :P), but it's been a great ride regardless. 1998-2012 is a long effing' ride (career) for message board posting. Almost half my life! I've probably retired and unretired more times than Brett Farve, but if this truly is my swan song as a poster, I just want to say that I've enjoyed each and every one of your postings........and hopefully, my bizarre and highly goofy trade proposals, etc. haven't driven most of you TOO insane. ;)

Regardless of what I decide, I'll definitely still browse the site and can easily be reached through PM if anyone is interested in staying in touch and what not.

OK guys - enjoy your summer! Most of us are aged somewhere between 25-55 and so there's plenty of time left to see what we all hope to see one day: Vancouver hoist the cup. If the day happens, we will celebrate together. 8-)

Cheers.
Last edited by Farhan Lalji on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Farhan Lalji
 

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:43 pm

[mod edit] Cmon - you know better.
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby the Dogsalmon » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:50 pm

with the exception of the [mod edit] part i was going to post the same thing...
User avatar
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 am
Location: in the ainus

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:57 pm

Arachnid wrote:[mod edit] Cmon - you know better.


I know....butt I was a fan first.... :sly:
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:00 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:with the exception of the [mod edit] part i was going to post the same thing...


Apologize DS, sometimes the testosterone, procreation and the handsome charming good with ladies true non-stupid trade fan gets the better me....
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby Meds » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:09 pm

I have two players that I hate on LA, always have, always will. Jarret Stoll and Drew Doughty.

Stoll is cheap, he's dirty, he gets away with it. His hit on Burrows at center ice was easily as bad as Raffi Torres hit on Marian Hossa, the difference being that Burrows saw it and got out of the way.....it didn't stop Stoll from coming a foot off the ice and lunging with his forearms and stick at Burrows' head. No idea how that isn't called and how he isn't watched because he pulls shit like that routinely, did the same when he was an Oiler.

Doughty is a baby. A total whiner and an arrogant loser. His hold out before this season is enough evidence of that.

If not for them, LA has alot of players that I like. Mitchell, Quick, Richards, Williams, Kopitar, Brown, Carter. All good players who play a good game. I would hope that this LA Kings team could make a run now, but I don't want to see Doughty or Stoll's names on the Cup.....ever.

The Canucks were outplayed for the first two games, unlucky (to have Edler on the ice) in the 3rd game, and unfortunate in game 5. They also got out coached again. In their last 12 playoff games the Canucks have averaged 1.4 goals for per game, clearly Vigneault is not a savvy enough coach to actually put together an offense that can succeed against a defensive system like the one employed by both Boston and LA. That's the bottom line, they couldn't score. And the Canucks have struggled to put pucks in the net since the beginning of February.
User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3467
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby the Dogsalmon » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:13 pm

Arachnid wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:with the exception of the [mod edit] part i was going to post the same thing...


Apologize DS, sometimes the testosterone, procreation and the handsome charming good with ladies true non-stupid trade fan gets the better me....



why would i apologize...for being right...
User avatar
the Dogsalmon
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:12 am
Location: in the ainus

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby Waffle » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:14 pm

Come on Farhan, you are only a teenager in blog years. Don't disappear on the true Canuck fans.
Waffle
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:38 am

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:16 pm

Meds wrote:I have two players that I hate on LA, always have, always will. Jarret Stoll and Drew Doughty.

Stoll is cheap, he's dirty, he gets away with it. His hit on Burrows at center ice was easily as bad as Raffi Torres hit on Marian Hossa, the difference being that Burrows saw it and got out of the way.....it didn't stop Stoll from coming a foot off the ice and lunging with his forearms and stick at Burrows' head. No idea how that isn't called and how he isn't watched because he pulls shit like that routinely, did the same when he was an Oiler.

Doughty is a baby. A total whiner and an arrogant loser. His hold out before this season is enough evidence of that.

If not for them, LA has alot of players that I like. Mitchell, Quick, Richards, Williams, Kopitar, Brown, Carter. All good players who play a good game. I would hope that this LA Kings team could make a run now, but I don't want to see Doughty or Stoll's names on the Cup.....ever.

The Canucks were outplayed for the first two games, unlucky (to have Edler on the ice) in the 3rd game, and unfortunate in game 5. They also got out coached again. In their last 12 playoff games the Canucks have averaged 1.4 goals for per game, clearly Vigneault is not a savvy enough coach to actually put together an offense that can succeed against a defensive system like the one employed by both Boston and LA. That's the bottom line, they couldn't score. And the Canucks have struggled to put pucks in the net since the beginning of February.


Are you kidding me?! Doughty was the epitome and consummate Canadian on the Kings...passionate and Don Cherry hockey....if anything we didn't (the Canucks) didn't have enough hate™ for them if anything...nor did the fans, nor the trolls (not like last time we faced them...) ...if anything we faced fickle, negative domestic trolls....just saying....)
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:16 pm

the Dogsalmon wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
the Dogsalmon wrote:with the exception of the [mod edit] part i was going to post the same thing...


Apologize DS, sometimes the testosterone, procreation and the handsome charming good with ladies true non-stupid trade fan gets the better me....



why would i apologize...for being right...


:lol: :lol: :lol: fuck off alternative lifestyle dude.... 8-)
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby FAN » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:18 pm

It still comes down to the stars. If the Sedins aren't producing, his linemate won't. If Kesler isn't producing, his linemates likely won't either. Guys like Higgins, Booth, Hansen, and Raymond are capable of producing offense on their own but they are inconsistent and are more or less 15-20 goal scorers. The team needs more scoring options but finding the right linemates for Kesler has proven to be very difficult. I don't know what Gillis can do here.
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 341
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:55 pm

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby CrzyCanuck » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:20 pm

FAN wrote:It still comes down to the stars. If the Sedins aren't producing, his linemate won't. If Kesler isn't producing, his linemates likely won't either. Guys like Higgins, Booth, Hansen, and Raymond are capable of producing offense on their own but they are inconsistent and are more or less 15-20 goal scorers. The team needs more scoring options but finding the right linemates for Kesler has proven to be very difficult. I don't know what Gillis can do here.



Pray for a mini break out year by Kassian next year? :P
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
CrzyCanuck
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 215
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:19 am

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby Farhan Lalji » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:24 pm

Waffle wrote:Come on Farhan, you are only a teenager in blog years. Don't disappear on the true Canuck fans.


Oh don't get me wrong - I'll always be a Canuck fan, but my days of being a message board poster/social media guy as it pertains to the Canucks might be coming to a close. I love posting on here but it's definitely a time consuming commitment.....and an emotional one.

I think Madcombinepilot said it best last year: "I think there's too many people spending too much time analyzing players and teams when they should be analyzing their own bloody lives."

Having said that - you bet your ass I'll be here if (when?) the Canucks get to the Stanley Cup Finals again. 8-)

I'll still be browsing the boards on frequent occassions a la drdork and Toucan Kid, that's for sure.
Farhan Lalji
 

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby CFP! » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:29 pm

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Waffle wrote:Come on Farhan, you are only a teenager in blog years. Don't disappear on the true Canuck fans.


Oh don't get me wrong - I'll always be a Canuck fan, but my days of being a message board poster/social media guy as it pertains to the Canucks might be coming to a close. I love posting on here but it's definitely a time consuming commitment.....and an emotional one.


When you getting married?
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:22 pm

Re: Farhan's $0.02: Hats off to the LA Kings, and other thou

Postby Arachnid » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:31 pm

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Waffle wrote:Come on Farhan, you are only a teenager in blog years. Don't disappear on the true Canuck fans.


Oh don't get me wrong - I'll always be a Canuck fan, but my days of being a message board poster/social media guy as it pertains to the Canucks might be coming to a close. I love posting on here but it's definitely a time consuming commitment.....and an emotional one.

I think Madcombinepilot said it best last year: "I think there's too many people spending too much time analyzing players and teams when they should be analyzing their own bloody lives."

Having said that - you bet your ass I'll be here if (when?) the Canucks get to the Stanley Cup Finals again. 8-)

I'll still be browsing the boards on frequent occassions a la drdork and Toucan Kid, that's for sure.


Promise?!.....Coward..... 8-)
There is no such thing as climate change...there is no such thing as climate change...there is such thing as climate change...
Arachnid
CC Legend
 
Posts: 5177
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:56 pm
Location: Old Berlin

Next

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest

cron