GDT: R1:G5 LA @ Vancouver 5PM Sun Apr 22 HNIC CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Boston Canucker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: R1:G5 LA @ Vancouver 5PM Sun Apr 22 HNIC CBC

Post by Boston Canucker »

It"s got to be Schneider for the simple reason that while RL has not played poorly, CS has clearly played better, by every measure.

I can't read this team or series right now, but to be honest I don't believe for a second that they can come all the way back from 0-3, just too damn hard.

Hopefully, they can just give us a little more hockey before their dirt nap...and in the very least last longer than the Bruins, go Caps! Would be nice if the B's are toast before our puck drop tonight.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Boston Canucker wrote:
Hopefully, they can just give us a little more hockey before their dirt nap...and in the very least last longer than the Bruins, go Caps! Would be nice if the B's are toast before our puck drop tonight.
this would be an acceptable pre-game gift indeed
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

I would appreciate the greatest comeback in SC history...that's what I would appreciate..
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

If you're going to appreciate, you may as well go big.

Or is that wish..
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

clem wrote:If you're going to appreciate, you may as well go big.

Or is that wish..
I would appreciate my wish coming to fruition
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Here's to your wish. :drink:
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Canucks new goal song..... for when the Kings score...

2011..... the one that got away.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

Cory gets the start.
I hope its not obvious to Sutter. There is the notion that Luongo is money in home games and that could keep the Kings guessing as who to prepare for...
You mean like the last two home games Luo played? :(
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

griz wrote:Cory gets the start.
I hope its not obvious to Sutter. There is the notion that Luongo is money in home games and that could keep the Kings guessing as who to prepare for...
You mean like the last two home games Luo played? :(
Sure he played well enough to win both those games. It was the team in front of him that didn't show up. Personally I hope Schneider starts tonight, because I don't think they can afford that one shitty goal that luongo is notorious for in an elimination game when the team has shown itself to be a little mentally fragile.
Right now Schneider gives everyone calmer nerves, however I don't see why anyone has to throw Luongo under the bus. When Luongo came here the team experienced a complete turn around and since then, where they are and what the have achieved has been largely thanks to Roberto. Anyone who wants to unceremoniously dump the guy now is drinking lime koolaid with baloney strips in it.
Schneider is the guy for the rest of this round no matter what, however, If they get past the Kings and want to challenge for the cup they may yet need Luongo and a lot of people are gonna look like jackasses.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Line up:

Daniel-Henrik-Booth
Lapierre-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen
Raymond-Malhotra-Weise

Cory gets the start, duh big surprise.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ukcanuck wrote: If they get past the Kings and want to challenge for the cup they may yet need Luongo and a lot of people are gonna look like jackasses.

Bang on. IF, big IF, we come back then you are exactly right. Luongo will get another chance and if he does and the team wins then he will be the starter once again and the Lou chants will ring out.
The only HW the Canucks need
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

I now feel alot better about the outcome, regardless of what happens.
We didn't become the first Prez Trophy winners to be swept in the first round

Detroit out in 5
San Jose out in 5
The anointed Pittsburg Pens out in 6

I'm going to enjoy seeing Boston bounced. :evil: GO CAPS!!!

(But we're gonna win tonight anyways 8-) )
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Hockey Widow wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: If they get past the Kings and want to challenge for the cup they may yet need Luongo and a lot of people are gonna look like jackasses.

Bang on. IF, big IF, we come back then you are exactly right. Luongo will get another chance and if he does and the team wins then he will be the starter once again and the Lou chants will ring out.

It would bug the crap out of me watching the media jump on the 'trade Luongo", and its "the end of an era" or "Luongone" talk if it hadn't already burned my bridge with all things eastern last season. But what still gets under my skin are local band wagoners who watch CBC, or TSN, or fucking worse NBC/Versus, and think they have an an opinion. If it were up to me I'd run any local media whore out of the building if they wanted to stick a camera and microphone in Luongo's face and ask him how it feels to lose his job...
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

ukcanuck wrote: If it were up to me I'd run any local media whore out of the building if they wanted to stick a camera and microphone in Luongo's face and ask him how it feels to lose his job...
Luongo's interviews on Friday (20th) were impressive. He's learned since the SCF. I'd like to see him get another chance to show his stuff in the play offs with the Canucks.

For now, it's Schneider.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I sure hope the Canucks come out and play better than what I've seen from the caps so far... not impressed.

Actually it's great for the odds, what are they that caps/pens/ and Canucks all come out and look their unbest?