GDT: R1:G5 LA @ Vancouver 5PM Sun Apr 22 HNIC CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

GDT: R1:G5 LA @ Vancouver 5PM Sun Apr 22 HNIC CBC

Post by Hockey Widow »

We have a pivotal game, another must win do or die.

Questions to be answered:

Who will start in net. My bet is on Cory but AV has not made his decision yet and says he will tell both Goalies Saturday but won't release his starting goalie until game day.

How will Dank be after playing his first game back from injury? My reports, he is not reporting any more post concussion symptoms and I don't think he would at this point unless they were severe. He is expected to be in the line up. How effective will he be second game back.

Have we found our PP?

Can we continue with the good PK we have shown these last two games?

What will the officiating do to determine the outcome of the game?

Will LA be prepared and loose or will the pressure get to them?

Can we find more scoring to keep the pressure on LA?

Will we play"our" game and not their's and be the team that won the PT?

38 hours to puck drop.

Belive in BLUE

I mean WTF the 90s can have their vcrs back and the 80s can have the cassettes back and 70s can have the 8 tracks back and every other decade can have their vinyl back.

The only HW the Canucks need
Eddy Punch Clock
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: R1:G5 LA @ Vancouver 5PM Sun Apr 22 HNIC CBC

Post by Eddy Punch Clock »

Hockey Widow wrote: 16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1
Ahhhh... summer nights. (only had one more to go :()

I have no idea what to expect with this game but personally I'm assuming Schneider gets the start.

Was the three days off good for Dank or a momentum killer for the team? Hopefully a full weekend at home with the family will be good for their spirits and not a distraction from the task at hand... and hopefully the Roxy was/will be comping the Kings beverages and secretly making them all triples.
2011..... the one that got away.
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

Can we measure game interest by how far in advance the GDTs show up? :D

Which version of Edler will show up?

Can the anticipation be contained ?

Time will tell. Mu ha ha. :twisted:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Apparently MayRay is demoted to the 4th line with Manny and Weise. Zack Kassian was playing with the extras, might not see action??? Blobby is gonna be irate. 8-)
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

RoyalDude wrote:Apparently MayRay is demoted to the 4th line with Manny and Weise. Zack Kassian was playing with the extras, might not see action??? Blobby is gonna be irate. 8-)
Second line practice line was Lappy-Kes-Burrows. :mrgreen:
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'm thinking that LA is already feeling a little pressure. If they lose this game, it's back to LA up by only one - lose that one, and it's a one game series in Vancouver. They want to end it tomorrow (but won't).

Vancouver has its pressure, too.

The rest of the series will come down to who handles it better.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Hockey Widow wrote:
Who will start in net. My bet is on Cory but AV has not made his decision yet and says he will tell both Goalies Saturday but won't release his starting goalie until game day.
Honestly,

I have much love for Lou, but Av is an absolute moron if he goes with Luongo.
CFP!
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by CFP! »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Honestly,

Isn't it quite obvious Cory has the net for this series? Maybe I'm reading into it more than I should but everything (team play, Corys play etc) leads to Cory taking the team on his back.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

CFP! wrote:
Second line practice line was Lappy-Kes-Burrows. :mrgreen:
Booth with the twins?

I love the Lappy, Kes, Burrows combo.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

CFP! wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Honestly,

Isn't it quite obvious Cory has the net for this series? Maybe I'm reading into it more than I should but everything (team play, Corys play etc) leads to Cory taking the team on his back.
I think it should be obvious as well. I can't see how Schneider is not the guy leading the way at this point (unless he has a bad game and/or is struggling within a game at which point Lou comes in..............similar set up to last year except reversed).
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

CFP! wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:
Hockey Widow wrote:
Honestly,

I hope its not obvious to Sutter. There is the notion that Luongo is money in home games and that could keep the Kings guessing as who to prepare for...
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by clem »

ukcanuck wrote: There is the notion that Luongo is money in home games and that could keep the Kings guessing as who to prepare for...
A peculiar notion, this series.
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

I just spend 12 hours in a monastery meditating in preparation for the next installment of dhabums saves the season and this is how I get repaid?
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Hockey Widow wrote: Can we continue with the good PK we have shown these last two games?
We let in a weakish 5on3 PP goal and a fluky point shot on a 5 min major.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

clem wrote:
ukcanuck wrote: There is the notion that Luongo is money in home games and that could keep the Kings guessing as who to prepare for...
A peculiar notion, this series.
To be honest, I dont think it will matter which goalie plays near as much as whether the team in front of them shows up. Luongo is more than capable of posting a shut out in Vancouver, he's done it plenty of times in the past. I don't think its so ridiculous to think about playing either goalie at this point. At least not so ridiculous that AV shouldn't hold his cards close to the vest...