GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

donlever
CC Legend

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Post by donlever »

Wouldn't u still capitalize the C?
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:Wouldn't u still capitalize the C?
With whom or what are you referring to may I ask (from my small touch screen android) ?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..the guy who posted the big K
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:..the guy who posted the big K
Smart phones and smart asses will get me yet.

All I got Is this: the idea behind the post was to reverse.. :wink:
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

yeah I got the post the first time.

but the C should still be...ah never mind

:P
DeLevering since 1999.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

donlever wrote:yeah I got the post the first time.

but the C should still be...ah never mind

:P
Ok donny, I confess. The smart phone capitalized the beginning letter.....
Waffle
CC Veteran

Post by Waffle »

"Shot quality myth was on display last night."

How so?
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Waffle wrote:"Shot quality myth was on display last night."

How so?
Shot quality myth is code for 'your mom'. ;)
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Big time, he took me by surprise, I thought he was absolute bust material when he had that dreadful training camp, which we find out later was related to his back issues. I guess ol' Gary Roberts off-season training program fixed him up a little. Something tells me ol' Zack Gassedian there should go knock on Mr. Roberts door this off-season as well.

What concerns me about Zack is between the ears, he seems real lost unsure of himself, where as Cody is a smart player and confident, that was never in question. CoHo's issues were his strenght issues relating to his skating, sort of the opposite of Zack.
You lose all credibility when you question Kassian's brain for the game. If nothing else the kid thinks the game well. No doubt he is out of shape and is gassed out there way too often. Vancouver's fitness testing is off the charts compared to most NHL teams. Kassian needs to get focused on training and getting in tip top condition. The raw ability is there to be a Ryane Clowe .... the he needs to want it.

Your flip flopping on Cody is fucking hilarious. I still don't think the kid is as bad as Topper thinks he is and he has made some strides in his speed , but if anyone thinks he is going to be a top line stud centre that person would be a fucking moron to say the least. He will top out at 60 - 70 points and he may be a 1st line centre on some garbage teams but this kid isn't the next Sakic or Yzerman. He is the next Ray Whitney at BEST. More like a slower B-Mo with a better shot. A small, weak player who loses a lot of puck battles but puts up some points.

As an asside I saw a few of Potatoe Punches' workers standing outside the ARMS when i stumbled out today. Fucking pisstank painters. :sly:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Potatoe1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Potatoe1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

As an asside I saw a few of Potatoe Punches' workers standing outside the ARMS when i stumbled out today. Fucking pisstank painters. :sly:
Ha not my guys Blob, all my guys come from the same part of the word as toppers wife. I stopped hiring rubby dub, white boy, painters years ago.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Vancouver's fitness testing is off the charts compared to most NHL teams. Kassian needs to get focused on training and getting in tip top condition.
I don't know about that BlobbyBear. It would be very high almighty of us to assume that we are the most amazing team in the league when it comes to fitness and that the reason Zack struggles is he played with a team that had lousy fitness programs. Explain why some the other kids in the Buffalo system seem to be in tip top shape ie, Marcus Foligno? I'm worried that Zack Kassian is a bit of a Krutov Kruton and that he lacks the self discipline. Cody took matters into his own hands and hooked up with Fitness Guru Gary Roberts in the off-season and it paid dividends, that says a lot about his character and his desire to excel in the NHL. He could have just sat on his ass and played Wii all summer, eating corn chips and drinking big plastic bottles of Dr. Pepper, but he didn't. A lot of players have crazy off-season training programs outside the watchful eye of their organizations, taking matters into their own hands. That my friend is why I worry about Zack Kassian between the ears. Does he simply not want it as badly? Strive to be all that he can be? We will find out come next fall, I will give him that.
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

I've seen Pot Roast show up at jobs with Temporary Labour workers, cause his painters went MIA on a Meth Run. I've also seen him hire guys out front of Home Depot, slapping a couple of cheap brushes in their hands and then charging them out at 35 bucks an hour.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Potatoe1 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Ha not my guys Blob, all my guys come from the same part of the word as toppers wife. I stopped hiring rubby dub, white boy, painters years ago.
I'm curious. How well do you guys know each other? Did y'all know each other before canuckscentral was formed?
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Potatoe1 wrote: Ha not my guys Blob, all my guys come from the same part of the word as toppers wife.
............and Torres NAILS Hossa with an open ice hit! ::::kABLAM!::::

:o :lol: