High

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Topper
CC Legend

High

Post by Topper »

Eddie
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: High

Post by Aaronp18 »

Not yet.

7 more hours.

EDIT:
Post #10000 in the B&G.

:thumbs:
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

I might as well start the day off right.

Happy 420 y'all.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..drug addicts.

Jim Rome let a baked dude on today to celebrate the occassion.
DeLevering since 1999.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Getting baked = couch lock.

Having a couple puffs = motivation.

I like being motivated.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

The motivation is in your head, a choice as it were, but whatever works for you math.

No judgement here.

God knows I've spent many a day in the past on the baked (highly (wot) non-motivated) side of the spectrum.
DeLevering since 1999.
Vpete
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Vpete »

No school today in Winnipeg- which idiot at the school board got that wrong!

Unreal!
Brick Top: Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible cunt... me.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

This here is for the Don....there are worse things for you than 20 x 4s 8-)

I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

donlever wrote:The motivation is in your head, a choice as it were, but whatever works for you math.

No judgement here.

God knows I've spent many a day in the past on the baked (highly (wot) non-motivated) side of the spectrum.
lol

That's a pretty judgemental statement and saying no judgement doesn't exactly make it NOT a judgemental statement.

I conclude from your statement that based on your own personal experience, you have found strength from within and have broken from the clamp that marijuana had on your life.

My experience has been radically different. THC has been a real mind expander for me and has helped me cope with some fatigue issues I have. Sativas specifically do a great job kicking my brain into gear. Much better than any regular stimulant. I'm not a fan of the intoxication effect it has (during work hours) but I cope it with because of the higher state that it puts my brain in.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Ahhhh..medical reasons.

How would I know?

My bad.

I've had lots of discussion with people about this type of stuff and how pot does this and that for them and 95% of the time it is simple BS.

In your case obviously not.

So carry on with my blessings.

:lol:

..and no, no clamp, I just choose not to do it because I don't see the point anymore really.
DeLevering since 1999.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

donlever wrote:Ahhhh..medical reasons.

How would I know?

My bad.

I've had lots of discussion with people about this type of stuff and how pot does this and that for them and 95% of the time it is simple BS.

In your case obviously not.

So carry on with my blessings.

:lol:

..and no, no clamp, I just choose not to do it because I don't see the point anymore really.
No harm no foul. Just a discussion between friends.

I understand your perspective because the image of a marijuana smoker is that of a Cheech and Chong stoner. I get that because 99% of the NA population also has that image.

As well. The whole "medicinal marijuana" movement has had such a bad rap because of so many people "faking" symptoms to get a card. If it were legalized and treated like alcohol, I believe that eventually, it wouldn't be a big deal period.

One side of THC that a lot of people will never understand because of the illegal nature of the drug is, in addition to the pain relief properties it has, it has a lot beneficial effects in the field of mental health. I have no idea why THC alleviates my fatigue symptoms but as it does, I'm not complaining about it.

I may just take a bike ride to the art gallery this afternoon to pick up some edibles. Everyone and their dog is selling pot foods down there.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..yep, I've always been a proponent of legalization and using the income as a way to ease the tax burden et cetera.

But once the government took over distribution they'd fuck it all up.

;)

I've been around marijuana a whole lot in my life (parents were growing their own as I grew up...there was always a frozen bag of "spinach" or three in the freezer type of thing) and have dealt with some serious addictions where the user thought they were in complete control but it was just helping ease them through some "stuff".

Hence my original comments without delving further into the discussion.

As a matter of fact I have an extended family member now who smokes about an ounce a week for no other reason than addiction and they think it helps them get along better with their struggles in life.

When I smoked it was to get high, sit around, laugh, listen to music, watch a movie or a game, have a good time.

Now I find it counterproductive to the way I choose to live my life and if I were to smoke it would probably be a less than pleasurable experience for me.

Not to mention I'd proabably eat a gallon of ice cream.

Either way to each their own and as far as it medical benefits I am a believer and a proponent of same.

Que sera sera.
DeLevering since 1999.
mathonwy
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by mathonwy »

Understood. I have many friends that share the same sentiments about different state of their life and what not. As I prefer smoking weed (and drinking diet coke) to drinking alcohol, it's going to be part of my life for the foreseeable future.

It's interesting that you mention growing because that's an area that is very interesting to me.

I believe the the pot industry is about to get kicked into high gear over the next few years and it behooves one to get into such an industry at its beginning.

You're right. If the govt took over distribution, it would get completely fucked up. I'm currently in the process of starting up my own distribution company. When the time comes, maybe I'll be a pot distributor. :)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

donlever wrote:..yep, I've always been a proponent of legalization and using the income as a way to ease the tax burden et cetera.

But once the government took over distribution they'd fuck it all up.

;)

I've been around marijuana a whole lot in my life (parents were growing their own as I grew up...there was always a frozen bag of "spinach" or three in the freezer type of thing) and have dealt with some serious addictions where the user thought they were in complete control but it was just helping ease them through some "stuff".

Hence my original comments without delving further into the discussion.

As a matter of fact I have an extended family member now who smokes about an ounce a week for no other reason than addiction and they think it helps them get along better with their struggles in life.

When I smoked it was to get high, sit around, laugh, listen to music, watch a movie or a game, have a good time.

Now I find it counterproductive to the way I choose to live my life and if I were to smoke it would probably be a less than pleasurable experience for me.

Not to mention I'd proabably eat a gallon of ice cream.

Either way to each their own and as far as it medical benefits I am a believer and a proponent of same.

Que sera sera.
Who said anything about smoking it? Smoking is for stupid addicts (including arithmatick)....now nutrition wise.... ;)
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

...smoke, eat, put in your eye, jack...whatever.

lever just says no.

8-)
DeLevering since 1999.