Strange timing on bringing Arniel back

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Strange timing on bringing Arniel back

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Didn't see any posts on this - anyone have any idea why this move was made now? I'm not even sure what an "advance scout" does? Timing seems strange.

Possible replacement for AV? Thinking Mctavish is going to get an NHL gig next year and hired his replacement?

Can anyone enlighten me?
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Strange timing on bringing Arniel back

Post by clem »

Nice to see Scott back with the organization.

He was respected & a quality guy. I wouldn't read anything more into it.

Good on Columbus for not getting in the way.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The article I read on sportsnet.ca. seemed to make or stress the point that they canucks organization would not be paying him. Wtf would they have to say that AND why wouldnt they pay him?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

Interesting and nice to hear. Adds to the notion that the Canucks run a first-class operation.
rats19 wrote:The article I read on sportsnet.ca. seemed to make or stress the point that they canucks organization would not be paying him. Wtf would they have to say that AND why wouldnt they pay him?
Ya it doesn't make sense at first, but it makes more sense if you think more about it. If I'm not mistaken, Columbus is still paying Arniel and Arniel is doing nothing right now. This gives Arniel an opportunity to stay involved (he can travel around watching games without paying for it) rather than sit at home and doing nothing. Good on Columbus to allow Arniel to work for the Canucks.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

FAN wrote:Interesting and nice to hear. Adds to the notion that the Canucks run a first-class operation.
rats19 wrote:The article I read on sportsnet.ca. seemed to make or stress the point that they canucks organization would not be paying him. Wtf would they have to say that AND why wouldnt they pay him?
Ya it doesn't make sense at first, but it makes more sense if you think more about it. If I'm not mistaken, Columbus is still paying Arniel and Arniel is doing nothing right now. This gives Arniel an opportunity to stay involved (he can travel around watching games without paying for it) rather than sit at home and doing nothing. Good on Columbus to allow Arniel to work for the Canucks.
And pay him to do It..geez Louise.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
FAN
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by FAN »

It seems "advance scout" means that Arniel is responsible for scouting other playoff teams should the Canucks advance. His travel expenses will indeed be reimbursed. Here's more info:

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/content/ ... scout.html
Arniel has been making the tour of Western Conference playoff teams, in the event that the Canucks come back from 3-1 down against the Los Angeles Kings in the first round.
Tanti09
CC Veteran

Post by Tanti09 »

It's the Jackets way of letting the Canucks know that they're 1st in line for Schneider/Lou... :devil:
JelloPuddingPop
MVP
MVP

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

FAN wrote:It seems "advance scout" means that Arniel is responsible for scouting other playoff teams should the Canucks advance. His travel expenses will indeed be reimbursed. Here's more info:

http://www.bluejacketsxtra.com/content/ ... scout.html
Arniel has been making the tour of Western Conference playoff teams, in the event that the Canucks come back from 3-1 down against the Los Angeles Kings in the first round.
Thanks for the link! GMMG is pretty confident we are going to get past LA I guess. Nice to see.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Good for Arniel to circulate and rub shoulders. He was good for the 'Nucks and nice to see them allow the man this option
cheers