The BS Suspension Thread

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: The BS Suspension Thread

Post by tantalum »

Well I'm not sure what Shanny math is. He has said the 2:1 ratio thing but he's also said he believes each series is like a season of itself so who knows what he really thinks. Well I guess what he really thinks is what he's been told to think as the powers that be didn't like it when he thought for himself the first couple months of the season..
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

So Torres gets suspended indefinitely...all for a playoff non-premeditated hit...yet Keith targets the Art Ross winner and gets 5 just before the playoffs....we are the joke of the professional sports....
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

cheers
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Arachnid wrote:So Torres gets suspended indefinitely...all for a playoff non-premeditated hit...yet Keith targets the Art Ross winner and gets 5 just before the playoffs....we are the joke of the professional sports....
I do not have a problem with the verdict on Torres. Keith? That I have a problem with.

If they are serious about eliminating head shots they need to show it.

I'd like a minimum of five games for a headshot, double it to ten for injury.

And recently I've been thinking; in order to prevent that a playoff team uses a scrub to take out a key player, add a goal against, or at least a penalty shot, to the equation. Goal against would probably be the most effective, but I can see that some may have a problem with awarding a goal without one being scored, but there is already such a rule when you throw a stick at a puck going toward an open goal. At least in international hockey. Oh well.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
tantalum
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by tantalum »

Forget tying it to the injury. Punish the act and intent.

An oopsy head shot (i.e. not intentional but still reckless play): 5 games
An intentional headshot: 10 games
A deliberate, premeditated attempt to injure: 20 games

Double the the suspensions for repeat offenders. Triple them if it's a third or fourth offense of this nature. Set out similar suspensions for hitting from behind. Start fining teams significant amounts of money that employ multiple offenders when that offender gets a suspension.

Do that and you all of a sudden have the players attention. The fact they don't just means they don't actually care about the players safety. And the players are complicit in this as well as they should be demanding those harsh sentences.

Why the NHL loves to live in shades of gray instead of making things black and white I'll never know. Heck they have a black and white document called the rule book that they decide to complicate and make those shades of gray.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Quennville got a $10,000 fine for his outburst about refs after the Hossa hit.

You can stop smiling now.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

:lol: :lol:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Arachnid wrote:
Racknoid....suuup?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

rats19 wrote:
Arachnid wrote:
Racknoid....suuup?
r u drvg and txtg agn R?! 8-)
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

Suspend him indubitably...er...indefinably!....ahhhhh....independently!....yurrrrrrrm....indeafiniteateablelee!

http://www.theprovince.com/videos/sport ... lbFa-xxw0j

I guess that's how the roll in the SEL :|
dhabums
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dhabums »

Arachnid wrote:So Torres gets suspended indefinitely...all for a playoff non-premeditated hit...yet Keith targets the Art Ross winner and gets 5 just before the playoffs....we are the joke of the professional sports....
Indefinite because the hearing isn't until tomorrow (at Coyotes request) and there is a game tonight.
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

dhabums wrote:
Indefinite because the hearing isn't until tomorrow (at Coyotes request) and there is a game tonight.
Keet, didn't get no 'indefinitely' he got a 'let's just see how badly Danny is hurt' just say'n that perhaps it should have been an indefinitely as well and this Torres should be 'let's just see how badly Mari is hurt' , just fucked up inconsistent and leaderless....
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

The NHL is beyond corrupt.