GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:54 am

Fred wrote:That isn't a gaff by Edler


No, none whatsoever. But if it was Pahlsson, Kassian, Booth, Higgins or Malhotra, something tells me you and a few others would see it differently then. Just a hunch.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4514
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:57 am

Topper wrote:I thought Raymond, other than the missed play on Kopitar had an ok game.


that took some serious balls to think outside of the CC Whipping Boy Box, there Topper. Good on ya. :) An untainted, unbiased and open opinion around here, so refreshing. There is still hope for this place
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4514
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby Uncle dans leg » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:57 am

coco_canuck wrote:Even if Tanev has struggled with some puck battles, he's always in the right spot and there to support Ballard when he has the puck. Having that safe option to your D partner takes some of the pressure off, and there was good chemistry between the two moving the puck laterally to beat the forecheck and set-up the rush.

A major key is Tanev's spot on the right side, that allows Ballard to play his strong side on the left. Rome does better than the other Left-handers on the right-side, but when Tanev is there, that 3rd pair is much more fluid and organized.

The Kings are rightfully keying in on the somewhat frail rookie, and he's got to adjust to their physicality in order to win more puck battles, but it doesn't seem to phase him too much.

He (Tanev) does have a knack for finding the open ice for his partner. I just think he's going to end up getting thumped right out of the line up unless he comes up with a few more ways of dodging those big hits. He could use some video time watching guys like Kris Letang or Duncan Keith on how to make that quick little dodge after dishing the puck.
nobody forks with...the jesus
User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1978
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: Lethbridge AB

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby Jovocop » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:12 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:I thought Raymond, other than the missed play on Kopitar had an ok game.


An untainted, unbiased and open opinion around here, so refreshing. There is still hope for this place


Words like those just don't mix well with you, RD! :lol:
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby Topper » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:15 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:I thought Raymond, other than the missed play on Kopitar had an ok game.


that took some serious balls to think outside of the CC Whipping Boy Box, there Topper. Good on ya. :) An untainted, unbiased and open opinion around here, so refreshing. There is still hope for this place

Any regrets for turtleing on stumpy?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4834
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby Jovocop » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:54 am

Game 1 (Paul Devorski and Dan O'Rourke):
Canucks had 6 minors (2 5-on-3) + 1 major + 1 game misconduct and Kings had 5 minors

Game 2 (Chris Lee and Wes McCauley):
Canucks had 6 minors + 2 misconducts and Kings had 7 minors

Game 3 (Kelly Sutherland and Kevin Pollock):
Canucks had 9 minors and Kings had 5 minors

Game 4 (Dan O'Halloran and Tom Kowal):
Canucks and Kings 4 minors each and 1 of the minors was coincidental.

Besides Game 2 and 4, the Kings had the advantages in terms of powerplays. With the Canucks powerplay clicking, are we going to see less and less minors being called on the Kings?
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby RoyalDude » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:17 pm

Topper wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:I thought Raymond, other than the missed play on Kopitar had an ok game.


that took some serious balls to think outside of the CC Whipping Boy Box, there Topper. Good on ya. :) An untainted, unbiased and open opinion around here, so refreshing. There is still hope for this place

Any regrets for turtleing on stumpy?


Big time, he took me by surprise, I thought he was absolute bust material when he had that dreadful training camp, which we find out later was related to his back issues. I guess ol' Gary Roberts off-season training program fixed him up a little. Something tells me ol' Zack Gassedian there should go knock on Mr. Roberts door this off-season as well.

What concerns me about Zack is between the ears, he seems real lost unsure of himself, where as Cody is a smart player and confident, that was never in question. CoHo's issues were his strenght issues relating to his skating, sort of the opposite of Zack.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4514
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby Cornuck » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:29 pm

I'm just going to say that going into this series, it was a lot more likely that the Canucks could win 3 in a row more than the Kings do it.

Reverse sweep is in progress.
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4852
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby Topper » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:31 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Topper wrote:Any regrets for turtleing on stumpy?


Big time, he took me by surprise, I thought he was absolute bust material when he had that dreadful training camp, which we find out later was related to his back issues. I guess ol' Gary Roberts off-season training program fixed him up a little. Something tells me ol' Zack Gassedian there should go knock on Mr. Roberts door this off-season as well.

What concerns me about Zack is between the ears, he seems real lost unsure of himself, where as Cody is a smart player and confident, that was never in question. CoHo's issues were his strenght issues relating to his skating, sort of the opposite of Zack.

I meant your turtling to the masses. I must admit I get great delight watching folks who chastised my critical thought on Cody and are now spouting the same lines I was saying back in November.

I think Zach is smarter and will stay within the organization to work on his strength, endurance and conditioning instead of going his own way and deciding "his people" are smarter and can handle everything. I goes back to the arrogance I noted in him back at the WJC. That sure riled a few.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
 
Posts: 4834
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby TDA Rum » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:32 pm

I think Kassian will be much better next year with a summer of proper training and having an understanding of what the team wants from him.... along with a full training camp to get comfortable with the team systems...
TDA Rum
CC Veteran
 
Posts: 194
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:14 pm

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby Fred » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:34 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Fred wrote:That isn't a gaff by Edler


No, none whatsoever. But if it was Pahlsson, Kassian, Booth, Higgins or Malhotra, something tells me you and a few others would see it differently then. Just a hunch.

Naw...in fact better to get rid of names and use their numbers :D It was a blatantly stupid move, most juniors would do better. All that speed and he couldn't angle the guy off ?

Right now him and Kassian completely missing the script...out there in stratosphere. Where's Reinprecht ? or Weise or Bitz You can't win games with the likes of Raymond and Kassian in the line up. This isn't league play this is crucial....another stupid mistake like Raymond makes and that might be the difference.

I don't know how they can play him or indeed either of them.

IMO
cheers
Fred
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3433
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby Todd Bersnoozi » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:09 pm

Boy oh boy, what a game. Now that was Nucks playoff hockey. Maybe a lil too late, but you're not out till the fat lady sings. Nice to see the PP finally come to life and the boys moving the puck well. Gotta say this, Cory Schneids! He played awesome; he kep the team in it and the main thing... he didn't give up a bad goal.
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby Jovocop » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:11 pm

Fred wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Fred wrote:That isn't a gaff by Edler


No, none whatsoever. But if it was Pahlsson, Kassian, Booth, Higgins or Malhotra, something tells me you and a few others would see it differently then. Just a hunch.

Naw...in fact better to get rid of names and use their numbers :D It was a blatantly stupid move, most juniors would do better. All that speed and he couldn't angle the guy off ?

Right now him and Kassian completely missing the script...out there in stratosphere. Where's Reinprecht ? or Weise or Bitz You can't win games with the likes of Raymond and Kassian in the line up. This isn't league play this is crucial....another stupid mistake like Raymond makes and that might be the difference.

I don't know how they can play him or indeed either of them.

IMO


The main differences between Raymond and Kassian are icetime and experience. Kassian got 4th line minutes when Raymond got top-9 minutes. The chances of Kassian hurting the team will be a lot less than Raymond based on the respective icetime. Also, Kassian is just a rookie but Raymond has quite a few playoffs games under his belt. I would not mind playing Kassian but I would be surprised to see him on Sunday. However, knowing AV, Raymond will play Sunday... :evil:
User avatar
Jovocop
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1741
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby clem » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:21 pm

AV’s roster selections have been a source of frustration for a long time.
User avatar
clem
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 543
Joined: Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:45 am

Re: GDT: Us @ LA: dhabums saves the season on CBC @ 7

Postby rats19 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Cornuck wrote:I'm just going to say that going into this series, it was a lot more likely that the Canucks could win 3 in a row more than the Kings do it.

Reverse sweep is in progress.

Kcunroc syas peews...
You are who you hang with.....
User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4728
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over there.....

PreviousNext

Return to Game Day Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests