How many times will Kesler dive in game 4?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

How many times will Kess look like he just got shot?

20%
28%
20%
4%
4%
No votes
4%
No votes
No votes
20%

Total votes: 25

Tanti09
CC Veteran

Re: How many times will Kesler dive in game 4?

Post by Tanti09 »

Farhan Lalji wrote:
On that note, I also greatly look forward to seeing Kesler spray Quick. This ofcourse, is after he blazes in through LA's defensive zone after ignoring his open teammates, and unloads with an ineffective wrist shot that is stopped by the goalie.
It's become almost comical how predictable this has come. When he split the defense and went in on goal in game 2 (only to jam it right in Quick's pads), I almost choked on my beer. I'm willing to cut the guy some slack this year due to the off season surgery, but that shouldn't be hindering him right now in the playoffs.

By the way, did anyone see bRAT Marchand dive all over the ice yesterday during one sequence? If that was a Canuck, it would have been replayed over and over again by CBC/TSN proclaiming the Canucks are everything that's wrong with playoff hockey. Such a double standard - and totally BS.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Farhan Lalji wrote:Having said that - I don't know if Columbus would be up for this, but I wouldn't mind packaging Kesler and Schneider in the off-season for Rick Nash.
Nothing personal, but can get some threads going here without trade talks? The season ain't over yet,
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Cornuck wrote:
Farhan Lalji wrote:Having said that - I don't know if Columbus would be up for this, but I wouldn't mind packaging Kesler and Schneider in the off-season for Rick Nash.
Nothing personal, but can get some threads going here without trade talks? The season ain't over yet,
No problem.

I think my problem is the fact that I just bought NHL 12' last week for PS3 and so my mind has been thinking of trade proposals even moreso than usual.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

I don't know why you guys give a shit.

The kind of cowardly, bullying, dirty cheaps shots going on are far worse to me. Not from Kes, but rather from Keith, Brown, Weber and a whole list of players that have no class. Diving? I think it's funny by comparison. Why not make a farce of the system when we all clearly know the system is a farce?

Good for Kesler.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Zamboni Driver wrote:I assume that you mean this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZ7RjJRRM0
He got cross-checked after the whistle. He shoudn't NEED to fall over, cross-check someone and it should be an automatic penalty.
What should be called on that play is 2 minutes for the cross-check, and then 2 to Kesler for unsportsmanlike conduct. It's really that simple.

But then, like griz says, the diving is the least of the league's problems.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

But what he Is saying is.....call the initial penalty consistently and embellished plays will be reduced consistently...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

griz wrote:I don't know why you guys give a shit.

The kind of cowardly, bullying, dirty cheaps shots going on are far worse to me. Not from Kes, but rather from Keith, Brown, Weber and a whole list of players that have no class. Diving? I think it's funny by comparison. Why not make a farce of the system when we all clearly know the system is a farce?

Good for Kesler.
I don't disagree that cheap shots and head shots are far worse. When this team employs dirty pricks that consistently deliver cheap hits i will bash those players. When Matt Cooke played here I was one of the few who bitched about the way he played and ditto for Ruutu. At least Ruutu would fight to atone for his dirty play.

I don't like the diving and the head snapping. I absolutely hate it and it cheapens the game. BTW the three players you mentioned do not have a history of dirty play. I know the league is bush but the team doesn't have to be.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I don't like the diving and the head snapping. I absolutely hate it and it cheapens the game. BTW the three players you mentioned do not have a history of dirty play. I know the league is bush but the team doesn't have to be.
I'm with ya Blob. There is a big difference (in my mind) between "going down easy", which nearly every team does, and the summersault-into-stick throw we saw Kesler preform. Ditto with the "oh my God I just got crosschecked face-first into the glass and my whole body fell away" stunt he pulled on Mitchell. That kind of thing is a joke, and he should've been given a 10-minute misconduct for making a travesty of the game.

I'm okay with having one or two clowns on the team. I'd be okay with Burrows and Lapierre being goofs, because they are effective at it and everyone knows what they're about. Every team has their share of dishonest hockey players. When they start wearing letters, supposedly being leaders on the team, and are thought of as your "heart and soul" guys... that's when you have a serious problem.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

BTW the three players you mentioned do not have a history of dirty play.
Good point.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

griz wrote:
BTW the three players you mentioned do not have a history of dirty play.
Good point.
They do now.
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: To blame it all on the officials is laughable. It's a fucking embarassment and the Canucks are by the worst culprits in the NHL.
I agree and I don't like it either, but the changing criteria are at least partly responsible
Cornuck wrote: As for his other actions, he's on his own there. But I would give him a full summer to get ready for next season to see where he's really at.
Don't you think that AV & GMMG have some control over this?
Coach sez "Next guy who dives gets benched" and it stops pretty quick.

The Canucks weren't a hard physical team, they relied on other teams taking penalties and then making them play
Whenthe refs started putting the whistle in pocket and letting all the crap go uncalled the Canucks weren't able to cope.

With Kassian, Bitz & Volpatti we are getting tougher, I'm hoping next year there will be some push back instead of dives.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

5thhorseman wrote:
Zamboni Driver wrote: He got cross-checked after the whistle. cross-check someone and it should be an automatic penalty.
What should be called on that play is 2 minutes for the cross-check, and then 2 to Kesler for unsportsmanlike conduct. It's really that simple.

But then, like griz says, the diving is the least of the league's problems.
If the cross-checks & stickwork hadn't been let slide 20 times before, maybe he wouldn't think that he needs to embelish it
Blob Mckenzie wrote: I don't like the diving and the head snapping. I absolutely hate it and it cheapens the game.
I agree with you 100% on that. I really hope the NHL tightens up it's penalty calls. I'd also really like to see a tougher Canucks team that is able to be physical without resorting to diving or goonery.
If AV is not back next year I REALLY hope the new coach puts an end to it.
One thing I have to say, for all the folks here blasting Booth & Ballard, I really liked what they bring to the Canucks. I don't want to see diving, nor a bunch of stupid penalties in retaliation for a clean hit. (Watch the Pens self-destruct :roll: ) After the Brown hit on Sedin, Booth retaliated the right way - with a good solid (clean) hit. I want to see more of that.
I don't want to watch a team of divers, dirty players or goons. Just good, hard physical & skilled hockey
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: When Matt Cooke played here I was one of the few who bitched about the way he played and ditto for Ruutu. At least Ruutu would fight to atone for his dirty play.
I can vouch for Bloberino on this one!

I distinctly remember a time when he stood his ground on Cooke vs 95% of the board.

Who loves ya Blobby? :thumbs:

As for Kess, he's lost his focus but he'll come around....
____
Try to focus on someday.
griz
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by griz »

= next guy who goes out there and gets us a powerplay ...

That just don't make sense man.

Why does it matter when someone dives? If they do and a certain percentage of the time it results in a powerplay ... win.
Zamboni Driver
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Zamboni Driver »

griz wrote:
= next guy who goes out there and gets us a powerplay ...

That just don't make sense man.

Why does it matter when someone dives? If they do and a certain percentage of the time it results in a powerplay ... win.
Because it sucks to have a team known as whiners & divers... :mad: